#1  Edited By brian_
rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2 rorie  Staff

Knowing THQ Nordic's history, Pitchford seems like a perfect fit for the company.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Randy Pitchford needs a handler.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like THQ Nordic finally got themselves a hobby grade games company.

Now we're all going to get that Aliens: Colonial Marines remaster we have so desperately wanted. Hopefully they will also remaster all the dishonest marketing material. You need that to really get the Aliens: Colonial Marines experience.

Honestly...while I generally find mergers in the games industry kind of upsetting for the same reasons as everyone else, it's hard to care about this one. THQ Nordic is a crappy company (like so many games companies) that has done some decent work in bringing back good older games in good remasters and remakes, and Gearbox is a crappy company that at this point pretty much makes one series that I personally find annoying but that a lot of people like. Gearbox will keep making those games and they're already stuffed full of Microtransactions so I'm sure they won't get worse. Maybe there will be a Brothers in Arms remaster. Who knows.

It does suck that Randy Pitchford will probably make 10s of millions off this after he allegedly screwed developers out of their bonuses on Borderlands 3.

NameRedacted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NameRedacted

Gearbox isn't worth $1.3 billion dollars, nor are they being bought for $1.3 Billion dollars.

Embracer Group bought Gearbox for around $300+ million (some cash and mostly stock) and not $1.3 billion.

Hoeg Law has a video on the topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1KqS4VGqEc

Gearbox has the potentialto earn up to $1.3 Billion dollars IF Gearbox can meet certain performance / sales goals for a number of years post acquisition.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By brian_

@rorie: I was going to ask if they had a shady history beyond just being a company that seemed to come out of nowhere, assume the name of a dead company, and make a bunch of studio acquisitions, but then I remembered they did that AMA on 8chan. Now imagining Randy involved there is some real nightmare fuel.