• 53 results
ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

At least it's coming... maybe.

Awesome tribute panel. Brought all those sad feelings back, in a good way.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

It took 7 months for Brad to finish Devil May Cry.

I wouldn't hold your breath.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least it's coming... maybe.

Awesome tribute panel. Brought all those sad feelings back, in a good way.

Watch other people do LPS?

klinkcow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

NEVER!

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By McGhee

They do Endurance Runs, they just don't call them that anymore: i.e. Bioforge, Devil May Cry. I'm guessing there's actually a chance that Patrick my do something with the new Amnesia. But who knows?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

There's been plenty of endurance runs since the last "Endurance Run."

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

roboculus92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By roboculus92

It wouldn't have made sense for them to do another actual endurance run right now anyways, what with all of the upcoming new releases and new consoles. Still a nice joke though.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcghee: I feel like a key feature of an Endurance Run is the smaller chunks that go up every day. As opposed to a handful of much larger chunks. But maybe that's just me?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Animasta

That was the funniest fucking thing I've seen in a week, maybe more? It was so good, just the right amount of buildup.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Before the video cut it sounded like @vinny was about to say Tow Truck Simulator 2010. Definitely not Too Human.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was a pretty great end to that video.

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By korolev

It'll happen when it happens. They've got to find the right game - an Endurance Run only works if the game suits it. P4 was good for it. So was Deadly Premonition. The games have to throw enough crazy stuff out to make it entertaining to watch and comment on. If they tried to do an Endurance Run of, say, Battlefield 3 (or 4 which is coming out) - it wouldn't work. An endurance run game has got have something special about it.

I have no doubt that they'll do another ER - when the right game comes along, and the crew feel motivated enough to do it.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

There's been plenty to 'endurance runs' - ie. complete playthroughs of games...

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Brad is doing an Endurance Run all by himself pretty much every day why are you complaining? The people asked and Brad delivered.

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@humanity said:

Brad is doing an Endurance Run all by himself pretty much every day why are you complaining? The people asked and Brad delivered.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Heyhuub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Yakuza endurance run would be amazing!

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What was that terrible biker game that came out not so long ago? That looked almost special enough to warrant an endurance run: nonsensical plot, horrific gameplay and a certain unexplainable charm.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinusoidal: Yes i would watch a Ride to hell endurance run.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinusoidal: Yes i would watch a Ride to hell endurance run.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yakuza series ER

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

What I liked most about the Endurance Run (besides all the gags and running jokes) was that it was serialized content. I knew it would be on the site by noonish Monday to Friday, and I could come home, prepare food, and sit down and watch the latest episode.

Clearly I see why they wouldn't be doing one in the next few months, although they generally have started previous ERs during busy parts of the year. Before they got bought by CBSi, they were doing a ton of subscriber content, QLs for every game, end of the year GOTY stuff, TNT on Thursday, Happy Hours on Friday, AND they started the Chrono Trigger ER. And then since they got bought by CBSi, well, I hope you like Dota.

optimalpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I liked most about the Endurance Run (besides all the gags and running jokes) was that it was serialized content. I knew it would be on the site by noonish Monday to Friday, and I could come home, prepare food, and sit down and watch the latest episode.

Clearly I see why they wouldn't be doing one in the next few months, although they generally have started previous ERs during busy parts of the year. Before they got bought by CBSi, they were doing a ton of subscriber content, QLs for every game, end of the year GOTY stuff, TNT on Thursday, Happy Hours on Friday, AND they started the Chrono Trigger ER. And then since they got bought by CBSi, well, I hope you like Dota.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#27  Edited By MildMolasses

What was that terrible biker game that came out not so long ago? That looked almost special enough to warrant an endurance run: nonsensical plot, horrific gameplay and a certain unexplainable charm.

I'm pretty sure Dan Rykert did that for Game Informer, or at least a significant chunk of it. Let's not punish the GB guys any more. They've had a rough summer

Edit: Here it is. It's over 11 hours long

yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@mildmolasses: All in one sitting, through the middle of the night. What made me chuckle is that Reiner said they should end it after a couple hours. It was one of the most insane live streams I could think of (outside of 24 hours of Halo).

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By super2j

Just imagine how much subscriber doe they could make if they made endurance runs a subscriber feature. People are always demanding it, maybe this is how they can justify it. Also, it doesn't have to be posted every single day, even if i would prefer that. I would take 3 ER's a week, that would be an approximate 1.5 hours a week to spend on a feature, well in line with most of what they do.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just imagine how much subscriber doe they could make if they made endurance runs a subscriber feature. People are always demanding it, maybe this is how they can justify it. Also, it doesn't have to be posted every single day, even if i would prefer that. I would take 3 ER's a week, that would be an approximate 1.5 hours a week to spend on a feature, well in line with most of what they do.

Zornack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@super2j said:

Devil May Cry, Phantasmagoria, Bioforge... They already have.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By super2j

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Daddy wants a Fire Emblem: Awakening ER.

Draxyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Draxyle

Yea, that's really what separates an ER from a regular game completed over a few subscriber feature shows. There's something to be said for the day to day journey through a game and always having at least one guaranteed piece of entertainment waiting for you every morning. The runs through Bioforge, Phantasmagoria, and the others are fantastic, but an ER is something very different.

That said, I wouldn't terribly mind if they never did another ER again, but I certainly wouldn't complain if they did.

Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny was about to say Toejam and Earl.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ajamafalous

Gonna have to agree with the other people here: what made the ERs special for me was that I knew I'd have at least 30 minutes of content ready and waiting for me every day when I got home from school. The "I'm gonna play DMC for 3 hours once every six weeks" does not even almost scratch the same itch.

I wouldn't even mind if they recorded the week's episodes all in the same day and then just put them up one at a time (I'm pretty sure they did this with the CTER). I just want guaranteed content every day that has some continuity to it.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By bushpusherr

It takes a great deal of willful ignorance to imply that the only cause of changes to the formula in the last year is the CBSi purchase. Alex and Patrick have both moved off location, Dave left the company, and Ryan tragically passed away. They also completely rebuilt and redesigned the site during that time (no small feat). With only two people running video production, I think the biggest impediment to them doing an endurance run right now is honestly just having the staff.

In spite of all this, Unprofessional Friday's is definitely the best regular premium content they've ever had in my opinion, and some of the other spots like Backflips in Bioforge are incredible. The end of the year GOTY content for 2012 is without equal, and despite Patrick and Alex being away they are still churning out a ton of content that didn't exist before (with the morning show we basically have 3 regular podcasts a week, and the interview dumptruck gives us a ton of unique content).

I don't really mind if I come off as an apologist, because I fucking love this dumb website. I just think it's really pretty ridiculous to throw all of your complaints onto the CBSi merger, when for all we know that deal might have saved the entire website.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@bushpusherr: Exactly what this guy said. I'd also go as far as to say Unprofessional Friday's is the best thing this site has ever done.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brodehouse said:

It takes a great deal of willful ignorance to imply that the only cause of changes to the formula in the last year is the CBSi purchase. Alex and Patrick have both moved off location, Dave left the company, and Ryan tragically passed away. They also completely rebuilt and redesigned the site during that time (no small feat). With only two people running video production, I think the biggest impediment to them doing an endurance run right now is honestly just having the staff.

In spite of all this, Unprofessional Friday's is definitely the best regular premium content they've ever had in my opinion, and some of the other spots like Backflips in Bioforge are incredible. The end of the year GOTY content for 2012 is without equal, and despite Patrick and Alex being away they are still churning out a ton of content that didn't exist before (with the morning show we basically have 3 regular podcasts a week, and the interview dumptruck gives us a ton of unique content).

I don't really mind if I come off as an apologist, because I fucking love this dumb website. I just think it's really pretty ridiculous to throw all of your complaints onto the CBSi merger, when for all we know that deal might have saved the entire website.

I don't think he was implying that at all; merely using it as a easy way to assess different time periods in the site's history.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brodehouse said:

I wholeheartedly agree, and this is an aspect of their content that they seem to not understand the value of. There is a reliability to daily, or rigorously scheduled content like that, which is much more valuable than a weekly or bi-weekly show. I'd trade a weekly two hour livestream of Brad and Vinny playing through a game for a daily half-hour of Brad and Vinny playing through a game every single time. The value of a modest, but steady stream of content like that cannot be stated enough.

Of course, at the moment, they don't seem capable of either, so I guess it's a moot point.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcghee said:

They do Endurance Runs, they just don't call them that anymore: i.e. Bioforge, Devil May Cry. I'm guessing there's actually a chance that Patrick my do something with the new Amnesia. But who knows?

@milkman said:

The key aspect of an Endurance Run is the "endurance". If they aren't playing it regularly and posting episodes every day, it isn't an endurance run.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#45  Edited By Animasta

uh, a lot of that stuff is still there; unprofessional fridays are way better than the happy hour, TNT only stopped happening after Ryan's death (as it was his thing), they... still had GOTY stuff after the purchase? What was this ton of subscriber content? I don't remember ever having more than 2 a week, the weekly thing (HH or UPF) and then the unique thing (3 if you count TNT, which I don't since you could watch it on twitch anyway).

Also they do QL's on most stuff anyway? Ryan's death coincided with a low point in game releases anyway, and they've done most of the stuff since (no EU4, but eh). You are nostalgic for a time that didn't exist.

also daily DOTA does not replace any sub content, people need to stop whining about DOTA (I hate the game and I'm still annoyed with how much people publically bitch about it).

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I love the ER I completely understand that it is probably a lot of work to do this on a daily basis (even though they cheated sometimes). A "Every Friday 13:00" or whenever thing would be pretty awesome though as much as I enjoy BmC and Co having a bit of a schedule is always nice.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By bybeach

Viinny did say something somewhere recently. IDK, they are more than aware of it, like to use it as bait, and have made sure everyone knows they consider it a pain in the ass. I'll never forget when Brad tranced out at Deadly Premonition, and the monsters were advancing on him. Ryan threatened for Brad to start using that shotgun(I think) or he was going to get up and walk out. And he meant it! Lololololol.

But Brad is okay in my book, I think he may of honestly not liked the game or something else. Kind of a unintended rebellion against the whole thing. He has had good moments since then. And despite the fact he does Brad out, he at least does not get so frustrated like myself and turned the sound off cursing till I finally understood what the hell to do and to do it.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By McGhee

@mcghee said:

@milkman said:

@beachthunder said:

The key aspect of an Endurance Run is the "endurance". If they aren't playing it regularly and posting episodes every day, it isn't an endurance run.

Go find the Bioforge and DMC videos and chop them up into 20 minute chunks if you like. Because that's all they do with ERs anyway.

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcghee said:

@ll_exile_ll said:

@mcghee said:

@milkman said:

@beachthunder said:

Go find the Bioforge and DMC videos and chop them up into 20 minute chunks if you like. Because that's all they do with ERs anyway.

20 minute chunks? Maybe for the last one, Chrono Trigger, but Persona 4 and Deadly Premonition were 40 min to 1 hour, especially the P4 ER. But yeah, Bioforge and DMC were pretty much prolonged ERs instead of daily ones.

If they were to do more ERs, Ride to Hell or any weird open world or JRPG would be awesome.