Endurance Run Download

ThaMilkMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ThaMilkMan

Alright so I am an annual member as of 8 hours ago, and I now would like to download videos straight from the site, but one thing I've never quite understood is how to download the files once the quicktime player loads up and begins playing a video, or even audio. I know this is probably an easy answer, but I don't know that answer and would like for anyone to help me with this. Thank you very much.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman
@ThaMilkMan: Just right-click on the link to the video file you want to DL, and click save as... Then just choose where you want to save it. The video shouldn't even need to open up and start playing.
ThaMilkMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ThaMilkMan

are you talking about the save link as?

martindn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By martindn

Use internet download manager, it puts a link right at the top of the video "Download this video" it works on other sites too, and its free for 30 days.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By mosdl

They need to put next/back buttons on the endurance run videos as well

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#6  Edited By alistercat
@ThaMilkMan said:

" are you talking about the save link as? "

Yes. That. They aren't in HD yet though. Apple wants you to buy quicktime pro to Save As Source from a quicktime video embedded in a web page.
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By ajamafalous

I find it funny that video downloads are somehow touted as a subscriber perk when I've been saving videos from here to my hard drive for the past two years.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RE_Player1
@ajamafalous said:
" I find it funny that video downloads are somehow touted as a subscriber perk when I've been saving videos from here to my hard drive for the past two years. "
That's because your from the year 2050. By that time downloads are free for everyone and because people subscribed in 2010 they were able to keep the site going and actually give all of its users $1,000,000 each with smart investments of the money gained from subs. 
ThaMilkMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ThaMilkMan
@ajamafalous: more an ease of use thing...also i like what they do and want them to do more of it so the money isn't much really lol.
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Afroman269

There was a way for you to download the videos before all of this anyways.

patrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By patrick
@ajamafalous said:
" I find it funny that video downloads are somehow touted as a subscriber perk when I've been saving videos from here to my hard drive for the past two years. "
They're aren't. They're touting encoded videos compatible on portable devices and HD versions.
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Dany
@Afroman269 said:
" There was a way for you to download the videos before all of this anyways. "
True but did you? I only did like 3 persona vids but that was because I was going on a long trip and then I had to convert the file, such a long task. This plus HD makes it easier also i got a laptop so yeah...
Chrisjp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Chrisjp

You might want to want a little bit, I dont think many videos are HD yet.
CameraGuyKurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CameraGuyKurt

They mentioned on a podcast that it's gonna take a while before the back catalog of videos is re-encoded, and there's a whole of endurance run content to re-do.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By ajamafalous
@RE_Player92 said:
" @ajamafalous said:
That's because your from the year 2050. By that time downloads are free for everyone and because people subscribed in 2010 they were able to keep the site going and actually give all of its users $1,000,000 each with smart investments of the money gained from subs.  "
My ruse has been shattered!
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By eroticfishcake

Now that you mention this, somebody actually uploaded the entire P4 endurance run on to Pirate Bay. That's pretty crazy.

snap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By snap

There currently isn't an easy option to download all the Endurance Run Episode, is there? I've tried using a download manager, pasted the URL for the HD in there, but it doesn't seem to work. My download manager supports using Logins, but my Whiskey Media login doesn't work either. If it downloads something it's just some .html file.  

My problem is that (while I love the HD quality) I cannot download the videos at home and when I have the chance to use a fast internet connection I don't have the time to click every video, select HD download, right click -> save it, etc. There has to be an easier way, right?  

(Oh, and sorry for pushing this Thread, but I didn't want to create a new one)

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#18  Edited By JJWeatherman
@snap: They're working on an RSS feed, but right now you have to download each video individually.
snap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By snap
@JJWeatherman said:
" @snap: They're working on an RSS feed, but right now you have to download each video individually. "
Yeah, that's what they said on the Bombcast, but it seems like a solution that doesn't really fix the problem. Try having about 200 Episodes of your "Podcast" available on iTunes - I don't think that's going to work well enough. Another thing is the fact that the RSS-Adress has to be changed constantly in order to prevent piracy. Why not just allow us to use a download manager? Most of them support logins and there wouldn't be a problem with availability of the files, etc.  

Uploading a .txt file with every single link to the HD download is not really a problem and only those who are (paid) members could use it, since the server asks you for your password anyways. I'm not saying the Idea of having an RSS Feed isn't great, but it's far from optimal for those who want to download all the old stuff like the Endurance Runs or older QuickLooks. It's perfect to automatically have everything that's new, though.