EVE vs WOW: which is more satisfying to you?

dvand987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By dvand987

fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By fripplebubby

EVE. I like making ISK a lot more than I like killing boars.

Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Zithe

WoW, as I explained in the thread that spawned this one.

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By Chris2KLee

I had a lot of fun with WoW and could not get past the tutorial with EVE. That said, I know a couple of people who love EVE and don't care for WoW. Both offer free trials, so you can dive in and see what's what before committing any cash.

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By SmasheControllers

I loved the Character Creator in EVE.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Doctorchimp

If I absolutely had to play an MMO I would play EVE and be a space cowboy/bounty hunter, even though I've never played and just heard weird news about bank heists and corporate espionage.

I played WoW for about a month...hated every second of it.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Eve. I love WoW, but the sense of accomplishment you get in Eve is unmatched. Training for days, weeks, months, or even years to fly a ship and then undocking for the first time is the best feeling in the world. Then you roll up into a mission or incursion and just start wrecking everything in sight. Or better yet, successfully come out of a pvp battle after something like this doesn't happen to you lol.

dvand987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dvand987

WoW just gets so repetitive to me, maybe if I joined a cool guild it would make leveling more fun. The problem is finding a good guild though.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By zeforgotten

@dvand987 said:

WoW just gets so repetitive to me, maybe if I joined a cool guild it would make leveling more fun. The problem is finding a good guild though.

So in WoW you have a problm finding a Good Guild and in EVE you're gonna have problems finding a Good Corp.. There are many of all of those things and you still haven't found one? :o

The problem seems to be you! :P

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By cornbredx

@ZeForgotten: To be fair, while there are many guilds and corps, finding a good one (meaning one that fits your personality and play style) is actually something that is very hard. I've played MMOs for a very long time, this has always been the case in any MMO.

Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By Renahzor

I've played both, extensively.

Both are good MMOs. EVE has less structure and long periods of feeling you don't have anything "to do". Wow almost never feels that way. In return, EVE allows you to make an impact on the universe, and has an extremely deep economic system.

I would suggest WoW for anyone who wants what has really become the embodiment of the MMO experience. Pick a high pop server, you'll have months of time just getting to level cap, tons of stuff to see, always new quests, and getting to max level isn't the end of the game either.

I would suggest EVE for anyone who is more of a self starter. For someone who loves to make goals and go out and achieve them. There is virtually NO structure in EVE. Also, the PvE content in EVE is among the very worst in the MMO genre for variety and grinding. Play the game for its PvP and it's unique take on how much control players can exert on the game world.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By valrog

World of Warcraft was pretty much the only MMORPG that ever interested me, so that.

Darth_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Darth_Slayer

I played both and had alot more fun with EVE for two reasons,first Im a Sci-fi guy so EVE is the obvious choice and second WoW is very streamlined you fight and lvl up.In EVE it can be the same but you dont have to fight,I made my money with being a industrialist.It wasnt necessary to engage in combat at all and that was a great change for me and a big selling point!Also I got lucky and had a great corp. in wich I got all the support I needed!

But Its hard to get into that is true,in the end its worth it.I can understand everyone who likes WoW more because its a completly different audience.Best thing would be to try both but invest a bit more time in EVE because its need that extra time to fully show is greatness!

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By TobbRobb

Don't want to put that much time in any game, but EVE would be the one if I could only play one of these forever... Considering how much damn time I spent in the auction house in WoW, I just have more fun making money.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

@valrog said:

World of Warcraft was pretty much the only MMORPG that ever interested me, so that.

this.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gaff

WoW. Progression there is somewhat managable and meaningful: log in, get some experience, ding, log out. That's one session. EVE's: learn a skill for a couple of days, in the meantime, start mining.

EDIT: Also, "rewarding" people for not playing the game just... rubs me the wrong way.