Ever encounter the Giantbomb staff randomly in multiplayer games?

Jangowuzhere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

Saw Jeff today playing Gears 4 on PC. It was a cool moment, but it also gave me the impression that the PC playerbase must be pretty small. I wish the multiplayer also had cross play support.

Anyway, did anyone ever bump into the Giantbomb staff in their multiplayer travels?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

My friend ran into Brad the other day in Destiny. My friend had a higher light level and helped through some of the Archon's forge bullshit. He was pretty stoked to run into him.

I never have personally.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

The GiantBombing Driveatar in Forza games is as good as it gets for me. Like all Driveatars it's a fucken jerk

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I got into a couple of Thursday Night Throwdown games with the duders back in the day and those were always fun. On top of that I remember bumping into Drew once playing Halo (Reach or 4 if I remember correctly) and like @captain_insano said, the GiantBombing drivatar is a real bastard in my Forza grids.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Capum15
@captain_insano said:

The GiantBombing Driveatar in Forza games is as good as it gets for me. Like all Driveatars it's a fucken jerk

Basically this with Horizon 3 for me.

I either never had the game or the time when TNT would go live, and have been working during half of UPF for a while now and it's done by the time I get home. And I rarely play many MP games often enough for random chance to happen.

Now if one of them would host EDF 4.1 PC lobbies often...

Satori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I was deep into getting the Dark Souls 3 platinum after launch, I was placing many a summon sign outside of Dragonslayer Armour. One day I was thrown into a game with a few solid players, one of whom was named rudds. It was probably one of the most fun summons I've had. Still wonder whether it was actually Brad, as GB didn't have that much DS3 content to compare the character or name against.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I played a few rounds with Monster Dunk (Jeff I assumed) in Overwatch when it first came out. I remember he played Reinhardt, so I chose Mercy, we went around and wrecked stuff for a bit.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Driadon

I had a friend who ran into Jeff while playing Rainbox Six Vegas 2 some years ago. I've seen Brad a few times in the hub sections in Destiny, but never ended up in a patrol or what-have-you.

ultragamerockx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well... they say anything's possible.

gunflame88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sort of. In MGS 5 Dan's FOB came up in the random list. I kinda wanted to invade it, but since I'm deep in Europe and he was on the West coast of US, I decided against it due to potentially very high ping were he to respond.

Sdoots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 7

I played Dead Space 2 with Brad on TNT. He teamkilled me and I'm pretty sure everyone else simultaneously with a single Line Gun shot. It was great.

bassman2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By bassman2112

I used to play quake 3 back in the day with Rudds. And, a few years ago, on the TNT of quake 3!

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I played Nuts and Bolts with Brad on TNT once.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I shot brad once in quake live. Brad's quite good at pc fps' when he's in the zone.

zombievac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

BTW, I don't think it says much about the playerbase on PC for Gears. If you have the person on your firends list or are following them, or even have interacted with them or partied up before, you often have a much higher chance of matchmaking with them if they're playing the same gametype or whatever. If you don't have Giantbombing on your friend/following list, then that is a pretty neat coincidence.