Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Brad McQuaid

Person » credited in 10 games

One of three men to be credited to the original design of EverQuest.

Everquest co-developer Brad McQuaid as passed away.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Sad news reported that the co-developer of Everquest, Brad McQuaid as passed away at just 51. Reported by the PantheonMMO twitter account.

Everquest was just before my time but many of the folks I played MMO's with started with Everquest and had a lot of respect for Brad McQuaid. I remember following Vanguard: Saga of Heroes was in development, and whilst that game never quite reached the high hopes many had for it, I have some fond memories. His mark on the genre and the industry is pretty huge, so it's a sad day for all.

There's been a lot of respectful replies from many in the industry on Twitter. Rest in Peace Brad and thanks.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Read this yesterday. This is a huge loss to the gaming and EQ community. Making EQ is an accomplishment to be proud of. I wish all his family the best in this hard time.

Ahhh EverQuest, the greatest game I'll ever play. RIP Brad. Your legacy will live on.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does nobody have anything to say on this :(

primeate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I spent so many hours in EverQuest. Raiding the Avatar of War to the planes of power. I remember the wonderment I had when running around as a newly rolled wood elf and just marvelling at the size and scope contained in just one play area. Having to be on time to take a boat to other continents, the travelling to disparate lands wasn't a slog, it actually felt like adventure with a story to tell about reaching your destination. His work, and this game created a time and place in my life that I will never forget. It is truly sad to hear of his passing and it is hard to quantify the mark his work left on my life. RIP

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

51 is far too young.

I personally don't have a history with EQ, but I certainly do with the multitudes of games that came about because EQ existed. I'm grateful for the work he and the other developers of EQ accomplished.

I've always been somewhat interested in getting into EQ, even after all these years. That they've continued to update it (with what, 20+ expansions at this point?) has made it this curiosity that I've always thought would just eventually draw me in; maybe this is the time?

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@relkin: they are about to release expansion number 26 😂😂

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never played EverQuest but I definitely played some of the later MMOs inspired by it.

R.I.P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.