Express Love for the site Re-design

Dryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

The new look is probably old news for those who were in the beta, but I never bothered with that (or, are we currently in the beta? Couldn't say), so it's all new to me. I've been here since Arrow Pointing Down, so I've seen a site re-design or two, and I have to say the new look is fan-fucking-tastic. I love it! It's so smooth and easy to look at. I didn't know where else to express my appreciation, so I'm posting this topic. Kudos to all involved!

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

It looks really good. I just have to unlearn the way I used to browse this site.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Um, I'm glad there's a GBi thing on the front page that tells you which video is playing.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope to get used to it, but it's got a couple of things I just cannot stand.

Autoplaying a video after one is done, for one, is something I have almost no patience for.

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mercutio123

I don't like the bomb on the new logo - he doesn't look as awesome as he did before !!

I'll be honest I want to express love but I think I'll just have to get used to it - I'm a person who loves having a shiiiiit load of information on a webpage at a glance - for example on the old site if you moused over podcasts you got a list of every different one and the same with videos you could see all the series and go from there.

This is super petty but now there is an extra webpage in the way of where I want to go and I don't really like that.

Also on the main page they are doing the Netflix thing of having videos in horizontal lists for lack of a better phrase. Never been a fan of that.

So in conclusion - I'M SET IN MY WAYS AND I DON'T LIKE CHANGEE

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still adjusting, but I'm fine with these changes so far. I still want them to make links red again. Looks the same as an underlined links.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Sessh

I'm sorry , but there's just so much wrong with this design:

• everything's too big on desktop
  • autoplay is terrible and should be optional
  • autoplay adds videos to the continue watching cue (which also should be optional)
  • no overarching video sections in the dropdown menu (premium, mario party party, ql) and instead just "shows" makes finding things take longer
  • videos are sorted backwards
  • no dedicated search in the videos section
  • upcoming doesn't feature local times anymore, also banners are gone
  • no forum posts on the homepage will lead to less posts (from me at least)
  • no white theme is killing my eyes (I'm not joking, some of us get serious eye pain from the black theme)

The logo change was unnecessary and the banner with "thank you, this is not an ad becaue you are premium" is a joke, but whatever, what I want is a site that's easy and fast to navigate.

I get what they are going for, but like this, things just suck, sorry. All the usabilty is just gone.

Note: This is not me shitting on the devs, it's supposed to be feedback, that hopefully will lead to more change. Change in general is a good thing.

hnke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hnke
andrewf87462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally didn't have any issues with the old site, but I do love the new site. Will take me a little while to get used to it but I'm sure after a few weeks of use this will become the norm. I'm sure the devs aren't finished with it though and tweaks/updates will happen over time with enough feedback.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Naoiko

It's a change which of course will take some time to getting used too. All in all though it looks good to me. I don't like the autoplay thing though. Would really like it to be optional. I do like how nice and organized everything is though. Kudos guys and gals!

acharlie1377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I absolutely love the new re-design; it's a lot more navigable and user-friendly than before. The black theme on the forum makes it so much easier to read everything, and it's easier to check out new content than before. There are obviously some minor issues, but I'm sure those will be ironed out in the months to come.

Regarding the new logo, I like to think that the bomb got an RDR2-style haircut, and the fuse will grow back in real time.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By liquiddragon  Online

I don’t think it’ll be that hard to get use to. I like refreshes, I like seeing the changes and decisions they’ve made. It’s like figuring out the mechanics and quirks of a game. But it feels like a make over, a dramatic facelift yet a lot still remains the same. I don’t see what the big deal is, it’ll be fun to play around with for a week than it’ll seem like old hat like anything else. And the new bomb on the logo is cute. Maybe it needs more color. Ppl are acting like the old site didn’t feel ancient. If we went back to it in a week, ppl would be bitching about that.

I do have one “major” compliant. The community’s latest feed and Twitter feed remains on the front page but the most recent thread feed is removed? That latest from the community feed doesn’t get updated for months, for literal months. And who gives a crap about the Twitter feed? Yet the forum audience that still hangs here gets buried further. Now we’ll see even less activity. It just seems like GB really hates this part of the site.

I’m sure bugs are being ironed out so I won’t be the one to point things out for the millionth time. One other thing I’ve noticed, if you go to the community page, on the side where the user reviews are, you don’t know what the reviews are for, they just list the review titles ppl made up, no info about what game. You have to click through to see what game they're actually review. It's an issue cause most ppl don't seem to put the game name on their review title.

jbick89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sessh: In the subreddit I saw a comment that they're aware of the Upcoming time issue. I 100% agree with all the rest of your comments, though.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the combined bombcast page. I like being able to see whats playing on GB infinite. I don't dislike the live button & the new bomb logo. Rest of the site needs work

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best thing about the update is..... um.....

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Y'all have like 8 billion threads to complain about the redesign, go do that there.

There's some work to be done, but I really like it and what it sets up for the future.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By TheHT

It's very slick. Strong first impression. The homepage is very different (in a good way), but thankfully the forums aren't too far off from how it's been. Really like the "this day in Giant Bomb history" section too.

goosemunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love it. I think it goes really well together with the new UPF set.