Extra Life 2014 GB Team - Play Games, Heal Kids - Oct 25th

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#51  Edited By sammo21

I don't have to stream for 24 hours, right? Like, what if I want to stream for 10 or 12 hours? Not sure if I can get off work on that Saturday and I work 12 hour shifts. I know it says to "make up the time", but I didn't know if anyone here has had to do that in the past.

marialuiza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

the sheep is cool

Morning_BR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in. Did it last year and had a blast. This year I will be doing it at one of my friends apartments, and we will have lots of local multiplayer stuff.

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I can see it now: 24 hours of Mario Party with Dan, Drew, Brad, and Jeff

Dan is murdered by hour 7

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Zomgfruitbunnies

I can easily play TF2 for 24 hours.

Maybe I'll play TF2 for 24 hours.

This sounds like a fantastic idea.

VannaDwight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sammo21: I would say do what you can, people are going to donate to you will know you are only going to to for 10-12, all goes to a good cause no matter how long you go for.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwigtk: OK. I remember last year the thing went longer than originally planned right? I might try to just stream 10-12 each day it goes.

VannaDwight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sammo21: Yeah last year the time rolled back mid stream so it ended up being 25 hours. And for people that made dumb clauses in his donation goal (I said .5 hours extra for every $250 over the goal) went for 26.5 hours.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwigtk: So, what do I do for the goal? I want to be realistic, but have no idea what would be right to go with.

VannaDwight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sammo21: I started with $200 last year, and then don't hesitate to tell anyone and everyone who will listen.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last time brad got into dark souls. Sky's the limit this time.

(Dynasty Warriors)

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

• I just bought six old PC video games for £23.44.
  • I have several last generation console video games that I need to complete/start and then complete.
  • I am going to make a blog/poll about this.
  • I am going to start streaming every weekend the month before Extra Life proper.
  • Oh god.
VoodooTatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By VoodooTatum
No Caption Provided

My brother and I are going to stream Free to Play games for extra-life this year. The hospital that we are giving our money to is near and dear to my heart as I have been a patient there many times. Take a look at our page and I hope some of you check us out on the 25th. Thanks!

Extra Life Page

Stream Link

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#65  Edited By GunslingerPanda
irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#66  Edited By irrelevantjohn
mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I just signed up for ExtraLife and joined the GB team! This will be my first year as a participant.

I plan to play a lot of Fighting Games with folks from the GB FG community, do several attempts at the speedruns I know (Love+, Malicious, maybe Mirror's Edge though that'll be super rusty, and I should know the new Dark Souls 2 All Bosses +DLC route by then) As well as some possible casual playthroughs of things.

My extra-life page: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=98757

My current streaming platform: http://www.twitch.tv/the_macechist/

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

meatsofevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fattony12000: Yeah I just made one, at least as a backup plan if Twitch stands their ground on the policy change stuff.

bboymaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#71  Edited By bboymaestro

I'm in. Anyone wanna team up for some Fight Games? (Specifically Persona 4 Arena Ultimax?) Also have some aces up my sleeve. Here's a hint.

No Caption Provided

Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm in, just need to book the Friday off work (and probably the Monday too to recover). Will try and see if I can get any friends to join as well.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#73  Edited By Dalai

I'm considering doing a preliminary run starting this Saturday to prepare for the real thing. If I go through with it early, donate here and watch here. I might push for 24 hours, but I'm not guaranteeing anything.

mjbrune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to do this but I rarely play games now. Can you make and test games in your stream or is it strictly playing games only?

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By mrcraggle

I've actually come up with a theme for this year compared to what I did a couple of years ago which was to just play a random assortment of games. So the theme will be survival/delightful. My list of games thus far is:

Survival

1. DayZ
  2. The Forest
  3. Betrayer
  4. Dead Rising 3
  5. Gods Will Be Watching
  6. Don't Starve

Delightful

1. Jazzpunk
  2. Cook, Serve, Delicious!
  3. Lovely Planet
  4. Octodad
  5. Broken Age
  6. Road Not Taken

I would appreciate any other game suggestions too. They will need to be on PC and something I can play by myself but it can be online and something like a browser based game is fine too.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#76  Edited By riostarwind  Moderator

Edit: Never mind I'm going to use twitch after all. Since I now plan on streaming some PS4 games I can't really do that on hitbox without a capture card. So I'm going with what I originally said. http://www.twitch.tv/riostarwind

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaser324 D'ya think we (read: you) could add Hitbox support to the award-winning www.explosiveruns.com WebZone? If you don't have time/don't wanna/can't be bothered I'll try and give it a go myself. I've had a quick poke around in your .js, and Hitbox seems to rock the APIs we'd need to do the fancy notification stuff.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#78 chaser324  Moderator

@fattony12000: Their API looks strightforward enough. I should be able to add hitbox support in there for people that want to distance themselves from Twitch.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fattony12000: Their API looks strightforward enough. I should be able to add hitbox support in there for people that want to distance themselves from Twitch.

That would be utterly lovely.

Some new (and, indeed, old) Extra Life streamers might just prefer it/might be streaming for the first time and see that it's the hot new thing in town. Options are usually always a good thing. Also, very little video delay for chat interaction is actually quite a step up in my opinion.

Finally...

IS DRIFT STAGE GETTING PUBLISHED BY DEVOLVER OR SOMETHING!?!?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@fattony12000: Yeah, with recent events, a lot of people seem to be trying out Hitbox for the first time. Seems to be a pretty solid streaming service from what I've seen.

As for the question, I'm just going to big time you and say that we don't comment on rumors and speculation. We have nothing to announce at this time.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fattony12000: Yeah, with recent events, a lot of people seem to be trying out Hitbox for the first time. Seems to be a pretty solid streaming service from what I've seen.

As for the question, I'm just going to big time you and say that we don't comment on rumors and speculation. We have nothing to announce at this time.

In that case, I will eagerly await the exclusive release of your Drive 'Em Up Video Game on the RDI Halcyon in Q1 of 2020.

(Who cut your teaser video, by the way?)

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 chaser324  Moderator

@fattony12000: Our music guy cut it together...but let's not get too off topic here. We need to help some kids.

thevowelo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in. Looking forward to this.

VannaDwight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By VannaDwight

Feeling pretty good about my fund raising so far. Goal is looking more and more achievable.

Balrox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Balrox_

Now I actually have a good reason to play games for a whole day!

Propably Magic Online Drafts, Scrolls and Hearthstone, and splashing some Risk of Rain for value.

Stream

Donations

Hm, I just remembered I still have one of those damaged, signed Nighthawks poster around, good time to raffle that away :D

WarLionn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By WarLionn

Whoops, didn't mean to post here

VannaDwight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@balrox_: How are you considering raffling it away, I have one as well and would like to do the same thing.

Balrox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwigtk: thinking the SGDQ way: Everybody donating more than X (propably $10, because that was the original price) is eligible, and after a certain timespan I'll just pick one at random. I still have loads of other stuff to give away, so I'll propably just do one every hour.

VannaDwight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@balrox_: Sounds like a good plan.

Well any duders watching this thread that donates to me will get a name in the raffle for a signed (very slightly damaged) Nighthawks poster. $10 for the first raffle ticket, $5 for each additional ticket. ($20 gets you 3 tickets)

Azzokk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Azzokk

Long time lurker first time poster..(kinda)

Just wanted to say this is my first year doing this but I joined the crew, dedicated to do my best! Will most likely stream from my PS4, but need to look into setting up the home PC for streaming.

Any who Donation Page!

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hitbox lets you do giveaway and polls from right inside the stream. Which is awesome.

VannaDwight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#93 riostarwind  Moderator

@dwigtk Other than getting a new stream key all of the options you already set up for twitch will work with hitbox.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VannaDwight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By VannaDwight

@fattony12000: @riostarwind: That is nice that it is the same as Twitch. Might have to convert over after, can't before as I have donation flyers at local businesses in town that have a link to my Twitch page.

thurbleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#96  Edited By thurbleton

I just signed up, will setup a hitbox account and test it out this weekend and link all my stuff once I figure it out.

Would be down to some versus / co-op / race stuff with other duders if anyone is keen to it. (just not a gta:vc race with @bollard he'd crush me)

mattimus_prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#98  Edited By Dalai

@dalai said:

I'm considering doing a preliminary run starting this Saturday to prepare for the real thing. If I go through with it early, donate here and watch here. I might push for 24 hours, but I'm not guaranteeing anything.

Well I'm about a week late, but I'll be starting my preliminary livestream at 6pm EDT where I will attempt to play Earthbound all the way through, that's from Onett to Giygas in as long as it takes, possibly 24 hours, but I'm not guaranteeing that right now. I'll try to be as awkward as I can while keeping my sanity whilst I talk to myself most of the time. It'll be fun. I have Pepsi Throwbacks, Doritos, pizza and pizza rolls so what can go wrong?

The links above are to my stream and donation page so have at it!

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guess I'll be adding The Long Dark of games to play now that it's coming to Early Access on September 22nd.

thomblweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK I'm in this year :D

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=100471

Is there a particular 'start time' so I can try and match it from the UK?