Extra-Life 2016 Giant Bomb Team: Can't Stop Won't Stop (November 5th)

• 141 results
JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

ninnyjams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By ninnyjams

I made my post and joined the team here: http://www.extra-life.org/participant/board-8-supergroup

This will be my first time doing it. Me, my fiancee, and two people I met on a GameFAQs contest board will be joining me in person. One driving from like an hour away, one flying in from the UK! Is there any good resources for lower thirds and stuff like that for complete newbies?

deliciousbees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By deliciousbees

Sarge Club will be back this year for the 4th Annual Sarge Club Misery Cavalcade. November 5th, 9am PST.

sarge.club is the URL!

48 terrible games, 24 hours. I've even signed up for another Kinect block for some unknown reason. We've also got some giveaways going on - it's not on the page yet, but we'll be doing a raffle for a PS VR bundle for anyone who donates $25 or over.

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninnyjams: That is all very exciting! In previous years, Extra Life has offered streaming materials (UIs, commercial videos, twitch panel graphics, etc) I haven't seen any of that go out this year, but I kept it all from last year. I should be able to put most of it on dropbox or something for you to snag. Just need to remember when I get home.

ltsquigs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Hey yall, Ill be doing a stream this weekend (Oct 29-30th) playing Paper Mario, come drop by www.extra-life.org/participant/ltsquigs

Also seeing people talk about stream assets and stuff, the templates I made for last year still work apparently and are up at http://extralife-nodecg.webhook.org/

Havent had time to update them, but the components are modular (you can include them sans templates) so you can use it to constructs any fancy setup you want.

awalkawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By awalkawesome

This will be my second year! http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=222559

I'll be streaming starting at 7 A.M. CST over here! https://www.twitch.tv/freddyhead

Full Schedule First 12 hours will be King kong on the gamecube, Xcom the bureau declassified, Scourge outbreak then the following 12hrs will be Zombi,Metro 2033,lone survivor

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4th year doing this and I am very excited. I'll edit my post with my twitch and participant page once it is all set up properly.

Does anyone have a link to that skin/theme/premade scene/thing that someone (maybe it was @ltsquigs?) made last year that auto updated and where you could punch in what game you playing, etc? It was great last year but I no longer have it. Thanks!

bsstephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4th year doing this and I am very excited. I'll edit my post with my twitch and participant page once it is all set up properly.

Does anyone have a link to that skin/theme/premade scene/thing that someone (maybe it was @ltsquigs?) made last year that auto updated and where you could punch in what game you playing, etc? It was great last year but I no longer have it. Thanks!

He posted a couple messages above, is it that URL? It looks pretty slick, too bad I use the Lunix, and don't have a lot of time to check out NodeCG anyway. So I'll be slumming it with a couple basic scenes in obs-studio.

I have a business trip that Thursday and Friday, but I suspect I'll be starting some time Saturday. Probably going to play classic games, at least until that gets maddening. Bunch of stuff on my Retro Freak I've been meaning to play: Mega Man 1-6, Akumajou Special: Boku Dracula-kun, Sweet Home, The Ninjawarriors Again, Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti, E.V.O. (though I did that two years ago (still an awesome game though)), and more. Lots of random stuff on there I'll subject myself to if the rare watcher demands.

revolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm down for this once again. Gonna probably play some snes "classics", as well as some real bangers from the 16-bit era

Donation Page

streaming my stuff here

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinboy630 said:

He posted a couple messages above, is it that URL? It looks pretty slick, too bad I use the Lunix, and don't have a lot of time to check out NodeCG anyway. So I'll be slumming it with a couple basic scenes in obs-studio.

I have a business trip that Thursday and Friday, but I suspect I'll be starting some time Saturday. Probably going to play classic games, at least until that gets maddening. Bunch of stuff on my Retro Freak I've been meaning to play: Mega Man 1-6, Akumajou Special: Boku Dracula-kun, Sweet Home, The Ninjawarriors Again, Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti, E.V.O. (though I did that two years ago (still an awesome game though)), and more. Lots of random stuff on there I'll subject myself to if the rare watcher demands.

Yup that's it. Didn't notice as it did not convert it to a link. Thanks for pointing it out!

KingRingtail85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#62  Edited By audioBusting
wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#63  Edited By wrighteous86

I'm pretty sure @duskvamp and I are gonna give this a go too. I've never done a livestream before so I'll give it a practice run this weekend and see how it goes.

On Saturday Nov 5 at 11AM CST, we'll be playing Beyond: Two Souls to completion, and afterwards we may play all of Tomb Raider: Definitive Ediiton.

More details about us and our stream can be found here.

I don't know if there's somewhere else I should put this info to be included with all of you guys on ExplosiveRuns.com or somewhere else, but if there is, let me know.

Avatar image for afashionablehat
AFashionableHat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New camera gear showing up this week. (Cameras are expensive, y'all. Nothing but the best for dumb video games.

Is there a repository for shared browser source stuff that handles live fundraising updates, that sort of thing?

Also, ++ to @wrighteous86 re: explosiveruns hookup?

JubJub677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'm excited to do this again. 2nd year in a row. Let's do this.

Donation Page: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=236235

Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/justintime4games

gpink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I'm in! Second year! I'll have a Genesis, SNES, PS2, PS4, Dreamcast, N64, and a PC with a whole room of people! We're planning on running a Dungeons & Dragons campaign around 7PM EST on the 5th as well, with some board games interspersed.

Donation Page: http://www.tinyurl.com/gpinkextralife

Twitch Page: http://www.twitch.tv/gpink

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Shindig
Loading Video...

A terrible schedule has been hashed out. I'll stick to ... some of it.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#69  Edited By audioBusting

@ltsquigs said:

Hey yall, Ill be doing a stream this weekend (Oct 29-30th) playing Paper Mario, come drop by www.extra-life.org/participant/ltsquigs

Also seeing people talk about stream assets and stuff, the templates I made for last year still work apparently and are up at http://extralife-nodecg.webhook.org/

Havent had time to update them, but the components are modular (you can include them sans templates) so you can use it to constructs any fancy setup you want.

Thanks a lot for sharing the templates, but it didn't work for me at first. I'm not familiar with Node.js, but it seems to work when I set the socket.io entry in package.json to explicitly "1.2.1"? Is that a safe way to fix it, or should I just debug the server script? (really enjoyed the stream, by the way!)

AFashionableHat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was afraid NodeCG was the way to go. I guess I'm brushing up on JavaScript this weekend. Thanks, though!

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

evvan337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By evvan337

Hey Guys! This will be my first year participating as a streamer! This is coinciding perfectly with a new camera / streaming gear, as well as my backlog of games to play so I can weigh in on GOTY come late December.

Here is a link to my Extra Life: http://tinyurl.com/extralifeevanleibman

and why not, here is where I'll be streaming late Saturday night into Sunday morning: https://www.twitch.tv/evan_tor

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ltsquigs said:

Bummer. I don't know enough about coding or how to get this working. I basically disconnect instantly after running run.bat Does anyone have any suggestions?

No Caption Provided

This is the cmd prompt window. I didn't change any settings, just ran it fresh.

ltsquigs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonmasters: ah yes sorry about this, I have a fix coming just havent had time to upload it.

The simplest way to fix it right now is to edit the package.json file, and change the line that says "socket.io": "^1.2.0", or something similar, and remove that "^", delete the "node_modules" folder, and run run.bat again.

When I have the time I will upload a new version of it to the web server, but cant where Im at right now.

ltsquigs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@audiobusting: Sorry, just posted a fix above, will be uploading fixed files some time tonight

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ltsquigs said:

@jasonmasters: ah yes sorry about this, I have a fix coming just havent had time to upload it.

The simplest way to fix it right now is to edit the package.json file, and change the line that says "socket.io": "^1.2.0", or something similar, and remove that "^", delete the "node_modules" folder, and run run.bat again.

When I have the time I will upload a new version of it to the web server, but cant where Im at right now.

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar!

revolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Due to circumstances beyond my control(PC broke, cant fix it in time), I will unfortunately not be able to stream anything, unless you can stream on Twitch with a PS4 without needing ps plus.

bsstephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spent some time this weekend setting up my Twitch page and show notes and getting my stream layouts in order. Full-ish thoughts at https://bop.moe/j/34/extra-life-2016/.

@riostarwind as far as I know, I'll be starting on the 5th at 11:00, doing what you have in the list --- Mega Man Legacy Collection, with random diversions into Project Diva X, shmups, random retro games, and more.

ReddenBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So wait, are Jeff, drew, brad, etc NOT doing a marathon stream this year? Just community members?

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Looking forward to my first extra life fundraiser!

www.extra-life.org/participant/cugabuh

Twitch.tv/cugabuh

Got a whole bunch of games queued up. I knew my Steam game-buying addiction would come in handy some day!

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#81 riostarwind  Moderator

@revolve:You can stream on PS4 without PS Plus.

@bsstephan Updated the time and included part of what you posted on your website.

@reddenblack They will still be having a marathon stream. I'm sure Rorie will be posting the details for it sometime this week.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Duecenage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They release a new streaming kit and some assets to help with setting up graphics and commercials on your streams. Check it out!

Syce300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So after coming to a late decision I decided fuck it, even if I only get a single viewer/donation, what have I got to lose? Planning on playing a few games from my Steam backlog like the first Dishonored and Deus Ex Human Revolution but that may change yet if I decide on a more coherent theme. Currently thinking on starting Saturday evening at around 6ish central time.

Extra Life Page here!

And here's my freshly made Twitch account!

I'm kinda terrified but I'm kinda hoping this may help me deal with some of my anxiety/depression issues I've been struggling with. I'll probably do a couple quick test streams over the rest of the week to make sure I can get the template to work right and whatnot.

Hopefully this weekend will be fun and awesome for all of us and for the kids!!!

zolloz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@syce300: That's the spirit! It's how I started 5 years ago.

@riostarwind: Stream details for the blog post: Nov 5 8am to Nov 6 8am. Playing local multiplayer, party, and silly games with my crew mostly (Mount your Friends, Crawl, Nidhogg, Overcooked, Human Fall Flat etc) with some other games tbd. Maybe some SNES (Super Metroid run?), N64 (Dr. Mario 64 for sure) stuff thrown in there for good measure provided my setup testing goes well tonight.

Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hey everyone, lots of awesome posts in here so I figured I'd add mine. I will likely be streaming Friday at twitch.tv/liquidbionix

I'll be playing some ranked League and competitive CS:GO, among other things. Come hang out!

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Scb360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My first ever 24 hour stream:

https://twitter.com/SCB360/status/793396336238428160

https://www.twitch.tv/scb3

24 Hours to save Solaire!

• So I am going to be streaming Dark Souls for 24 hours, never played the game before and looking to not only beat the end boss, but save the Knight Solaire of Astoria and help him find his sun

• Should I achieve that goal, then I'll fill the rest of the time with other great games on PC and PS4, or maybe tackle some Bloodborne

Starts at 9am GMT

BigMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By BigMike

Well I throwing my hat into the ring for the first time. In fact this will be my first time streaming anything ever. So either a huge trash fire or maybe just a hot mess. What's worst is that I have a wedding Saturday to attend so I'm probably going to aim for Saturday night into Sunday. This will not be 24 hours because I'm being realistic. I'm aiming for 12 hours from 9pm Saturday November 5th to 9am Sunday November 6th. Content to include World of Warcraft as I finally strive to get a character to level cap. I will also be doing some Dragon Quest Builder campaign stuff. Right now I furious ordering things and testing everything out to try and see if I can have a stream up and running.

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=239160

https://www.twitch.tv/icanthackit

BigMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syce300: My twitch name was made in response to my own struggle with Mental Illness. Thought we do this for the kids, I do this to also help myself as well. Good luck!

Avatar image for deactivated-6357e03f55494
deactivated-6357e03f55494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did a halloween stream last weekend(raised almost $500). First year doing it, it was pretty rough doing it by yourself haha.

I'm going to attempt to do it again this weekend on game day assuming life doesn't come up!

AFashionableHat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I asked Chase, the explosiveruns proprietor, and folks should make sure you're in the list in this thread to be loaded onto explosiveruns for Saturday.

/cc @jasonmasters, @wrighteous86

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#94  Edited By datarez

4th year running here. We'll be playing Final Fantasy XIV from scratch for the first time. This should be something.

streaming: https://www.twitch.tv/tmgtp

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm taking the plunge for the first time this year. Going to be a bunch of random games organized by blocks. Starting with a Disney block sometime between 9-10am EST on Saturday at www.twitch.tv/meteora3255.

The Extra Life page is at www.extra-life.org/participant/meteora3255

NedyahWerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Argghghg edit on my phone caused me to delete my original post.

Looking into doing this for the first time with my kids and potentially my girlfriend if she's willing to be on camera. My "theme" is to let my kids pick what and how I play. I'll primarily have a "family friendly" stream.

My game list thus far (subject to change)

Dark Souls III DLC (blind)

Jackbox 1 - 3

Rock Band 4

Titanfall 2 mp

Gears of War 4 (possibly blind run)

Maybe Skyrim

I am going to move my stream date to Thursday the 10th at mid to Friday the 11th at midnight.

My Extra Life Page

My Twitch Page

Avatar image for phantomgardener
PhantomGardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have been watching the Giantbomb Extra Life streams for many years now, specifically Drew and Alexis. Anyone know if they are teaming up again this year? if so, when?

salisbeary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By whitegreyblack

I'm participating in Extra Life for the first time this year, playing towards my local Children's Hospital - good luck everyone!

www.extra-life.org/participant/whitegreyblack

www.twitch.tv/whitegreyblackyyc

Nov 5 8am MST - Nov 6 8am MST

Whatcha playing this year? I'm playing mostly Commodore 64 games including several full playthroughs with sort-of deep dives into the games, Encyclopedia Bombastica style; Aliens, Ghostbusters, Impossible Mission, and others. Then I'll finish up with Quiplash with friends and an all night playthrough of Until Dawn. I'm excited!!