Extra Life 2020?

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello, duders! Extra Life is not all that far off and I am beginning to get myself situated for it. I am hoping to pick some people's brains about how they do their streams. I use the interface @ltsquigs made a few years back and was wondering if anyone way smarter than me has jazzed it up since then (new art, new functions, etc.)

Was also wondering if anyone was interested in doing something absurd, like a Destiny Raid World Tour or something along those lines.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

I'm currently also getting things ready for Extra Life. Just found out how to add the donations to show up when using Stream Labs and am still working on adding the total amount as well. I haven't done one of these streams in a few years so I got some time to get everything ready. I'm currently still trying to figure out what games to tackle during the stream and how to set up short breaks if needed. Last time I did this, I went straight thru with just a few bathroom breaks and ate small foods during cutscenes and stuff.

I remember the thing Itsquigs made helped having the stream be easier to find though. Hopefully that's still happening.

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaos_cracker: I know extra life itself a small graphic you can put on stream, not sure if it is useful to you. Looks like THIS. Not sure if that is useful to you

j_unit2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By j_unit2008

I’m not much for making overlays and such but I’ve been using Stream Elements for donation tracking and widgets. Here's a link for Extra Life’s instructions. I also have an overlay that I got last year but I’m not sure where I found it feel free to DM me and I’ll share the overlay if you’d like. :)

As for a raid I haven’t touched Destiny in years but I bet duders in the Giant Bomb Discord would be down!

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonmasters: I saw that one but with using Streamlabs there seems to be some editing you have to do first. I did integrate it to show if someone donates though so I made some progress. But I will most likely use that, thank you.

Outbr3ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sooooo, on this topic, is someone new running the GB team?

Avatar image for ramblesnonsense
ramblesnonsense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By ramblesnonsense

@outbr3ak said:

Sooooo, on this topic, is someone new running the GB team?

It would be useful if someone could.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outbr3ak: When I signed up for the team it was still Matt.

SquigHerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'll be streaming my 24 hours on Halloween(early because I wanna enjoy the xbox/ps5 when they come out on my terms haha).

Link here: https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=429262 . I've been doing hour long streams every night from 8pm-9pm(except fridays) and have thus far raised 170 bucks.

Join me some night! I even have incentives, like if you donate $20 I'll write your name on my "hell of fame", where it'll remain until the end of the halloween stream.

LCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

I just got my stream schedule set up yesterday. Was starting to wonder if other people were getting ready too.

I think my setup from last year should still be good. Still playing with Streamlab integration for alerts and stuff, but the donation status bar widget you can get on your Extra life account page is actually pretty decent. I think they even improved it from last year.

Just gotta make sure my Nostromo Speedpad mapping is still setup for quick scene swapping.