Extra-Life - November 3, 2018 - Can't Stop Won't Stop Doing It for the Kids

• 91 results
ShaggsMagoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

I hope they don’t use that overlay again this year, no disrespect to Ian but it wastes so much space on the screen. A simple text overlay with the donation totals is all that is needed.

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This overlay? I made some changes

No Caption Provided

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

For the first time ever I'll be participating in Extra Life this year.

Extra-Life

Twitch

As far as games I'll be playing, come watch me be really bad at Street Fighter V, ok at Dragon Ball Fighterz, and have no clue what I'm doing in Soul Calibur 6. Other than fighting games I'll be playing some Monster Hunter World and some other stuff that I haven't decided yet. Come by and show some support :D

deliciousbees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By deliciousbees

For those of you looking for minimal layout additions, here's a quick page you can jam into your existing layout that'll display the current Giant Bomb team total in the bottom right corner, updated every 60 seconds. Built for 720p, but it's pretty trivial to move around and scale.

No Caption Provided

http://nogoblin.net/giantbomb/ticker-giantbomb.html

If you find it useful and want something similar for your personal raised amounts, just yell!

Edit: Oh yeah, it should default to whatever your system sans-serif is, but if you've got Alte Haas Grotesk installed it'll prefer that first.

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

For those of you looking for minimal layout additions, here's a quick page you can jam into your existing layout that'll display the current Giant Bomb team total in the bottom right corner, updated every 60 seconds. Built for 720p, but it's pretty trivial to move around and scale.

No Caption Provided

If you find it useful and want something similar for your personal raised amounts, just yell!

Edit: Oh yeah, it should default to whatever your system sans-serif is, but if you've got Alte Haas Grotesk installed it'll prefer that first.

Awesome! Thanks Dan.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

gg dan

casselld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi all! Im pretty new to the GB community here, but I've been following for about 5 years. My wife and I will be streaming variety party games for 12 hours and then I will be playing through as much of the Guitar Hero catalog as I can in a 12 hour overnight marathon. We used to be weekly streamers, and have taken a bit of a break for a while, but what better time to make a return than to raise money for this.

https://twitch.tv/thenewlywedsgame

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Donovan-And-Toni

Super pumped for this, and I'm gonna be putting in work this weekend to have a stream template set up

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By JasonMasters

No Caption Provided

Hell yeah, man. Nice!

madpierrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Back again for my 2nd year. Last year was so much fun. I can't wait to do it again.

Extra Life

Twitch

Games I'm planning on: Dark Souls Remastered (new game plus), Dota 2, Darkest Dungeon, Pubg, X-Com 2, They Are Billions

Start time is roughly 7:00AM Sat November 3rd JST. So going by east coast time USA that's 6:00PM Friday November 2nd. I guess one of the neat things about being in Japan is I can kind of start off the weekend.

lemonadepack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By lemonadepack

Just finished my page for this year. I wasn't even sure it was going to happen because October was a rough month for me. But now I'm looking forward to it. Trying to see if its feasible with my set up to have a one-shot d&d game at some point in the stream. I've commited to 24 hours, but every year i seem to end up going 30-35 hours (my one friend has a knack for getting me to push my limits).

Here is my donor page: https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Logan

Twitch page: https://www.twitch.tv/dastardlydowrong

p4r4digm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By p4r4digm

I'll be running a stream for the 3rd year in a row! Instead of a single game grudge stream it'll be a variety show with some people coming and going. Mostly old playstation and N64 games!

I dont know if we can beat least year's crazy $1500 but still excited :D

Stream

Donation Page

zentheninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if I can this year but I would like to live stream building some gundam model kits. I am stealing from Pat Baer I know but a 24 hour live stream of building model kits for the kids is something I feel really strongly about.

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deliciousbees: I'll be honest, I wouldnt mind have a ticker for my donations total.

Bedouin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

November 3rd will be Warhammer #4TK. I will be playing Warhammer games for 12 hours!

November 4th will be more freeform. WoW, Destiny 2, etc.

DeltaDreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TWITCH

EXTRA-LIFE

Delta The Dreamer will be Attempting to Trek where no one has Treked before, once again in STAR TREK ONLINE...and other games!

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Silver-Streak

I'm finally able to participate this year, I'm super stoked. My goal is very low, but I plan to double any donations up to my goal and keep going afterwards.

Extra Life

Twitch

As it is so close to Halloween, I'm pretty sure I'll be streaming a playthrough of Parasite Eve, especially now that Retroarch can use the Vulkan-based engine but still use my original discs through the drive.

However, as that's apparently only ~10 hours, I'm unsure what I'll do for the rest.

I'm either starting early (noon Friday) or sometime Saturday. Is anyone not streaming immediately on Saturday Nov 3rd?

Did anyone want to set up host/raid chains if the times match up? (e.g. streamer A signs off at the end of their time and raids/hosts Streamer B, who does the same to Streamer C, etc).

Edit: I have a bunch of extra game keys from sales, extra KS backer codes, etc. I'll be giving those away on stream at donation levels/rewards/etc to hopefully help hit goal. I only average 2-3 viewers when I stream normally, so I don't know what to expect during Extra Life.

Edit: Fixed the Twitch link. No clue how it ended up circling back to giantbomb.com

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silver-streak said:

Did anyone want to set up host/raid chains if the times match up? (e.g. streamer A signs off at the end of their time and raids/hosts Streamer B, who does the same to Streamer C, etc).

I would totally be down for this! I just don't know how to do it.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonmasters: If you want to set up to host someone else, you just go into your channel's chat and do /host usernamehere

Raids...I think it is the same but it is just /raid usernamehere.

We'd want to coordinate times though, if we're doing this. Else you send all your viewers away when you still have time left.

LastbornWhale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey duders! This is my first year participating in Extra Life and I am super excited about it.

To help entice people to donate to my page, I am hosting a giveaway! I am giving away an NES Classic system via raffle and all you have to do to enter is donate $5 to my Extra Life page. For every increment of $5 donated you will receive an additional entry ($5 = 1 entry, $10 = 2 entries, etc.)

I am probably going to be replaying Breath of the Wild with some other games sprinkled in here and there. Feel free to swing by!

Twitch

Extra Life

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've decided to make my second day of streaming "Extra Life-and-a-Half"! I will be playing Half Life 1 and 2 on Sunday, November 4th! Getting pumped!

seakae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#74  Edited By seakae

So ever since GB started doing Extra Life, I've wanted to try it out, but my life just couldn't make it work. That thankfully changes this year!

Super short notice, but I'll be starting tomorrow at 10am Pacific, as I couldn't make it happen next weekend or pretty much any of the following days. I just joined the GB team and I hope I can make a small difference.

I'll be starting out with some PSVR for the first hour or two. If there's enough interest, I may do some Jackbox stuff. We'll see. If not, then either Red Dead, Yakuza 0, or completing the final chapter of Witcher 3. In the evening, I'll probably play some multiplayer stuff like Fortnite or Destiny 2. To finish the rest of the time, I'll probably play Red Dead, because of course.

I hope to see you guys tomorrow! Wish me luck!

Extra Life

Twitch

*edit* P.S. I also sometimes draw on my twitch channel, so maybe there might be a little of that, in order to break things up.

Avatar image for ramblesnonsense
ramblesnonsense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#75  Edited By ramblesnonsense
mngoldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone know how giant bomb captures Extra Life data. Having a hard time displaying Stream Total and showing an event list with name, donation amount and message

Bedouin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramblesnonsense: Thanks buddy, I'll definitely take that advice into consideration. Good luck on your stream as well!

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

Last year I did it and forgot to post about it. This year since I'm doing it again I should make a post.

I'm going Nov. 2nd 8am Pacific. Mostly playing through Fallout New Vegas because I never really played it before. There's a chance there will be some Overwatch and a first-to-10 tetris challenge. (with PuyoxTetris) Doing a Full 24hrs!

Extra Life page

Twitch page

Hope everyone participating this year has a lot of fun :D

Avatar image for afashionablehat
AFashionableHat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By AFashionableHat

Yo guys. We're back again this year. $6600 this year ($12K raised at our venue) and $10K for us over the last two years. Our only option is

BIGGER

We've partnered with Boston FIG this year and our in-person event at the Cambridge Innovation Center here in Boston is going to have a bunch of local indie devs come by, set up shop, and show off some games. We've also partnered with Balance Patch (the site of our FGC weeklies) and Traveling Controller (the guys what with all the fightygames) to have a few setups and some knowledgeable players to show you how to beat all your friends. Click on up here for Twitch, EventBrite, and our Extra Life page itself:

https://bit.ly/xldonate2018

I can't be a cool kid and give out a schedule because this year I am flying mostly by the seat of my pants. GANG BEASTS WILL BE INVOLVED AND ALSO A SHIT-TON OF NERDS ON MY COUCH.

soulmanim3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reminder:

I'm doing my first full 24 hours tonight starting at 7 PM EST and going until 8 PM EST on Halloween. I'm doing a Random Game Challenge to keep things interesting. I have a list of ~ 800 titles that the random number generator can choose from. A donation will get a spin. You can view the list during the stream. Will I get to play more Red Dead, or will I have to play something very bad like E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy? Regardless, it will be a learning experience!

I would love for folks to stop by and help me stay awake! Here are the important links:

My ExtraLife Page: bit.ly/EL18LetsPlayPSX

TWITCH: twitch.tv/letsplaypsx

MIXER: mixer.com/letsplaypsx

I'm streaming to help out Riley Children's Hospital in Indiana and Team Giant Bomb!

oronalex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By oronalex

My first year! I will be doing 24 hours Saturday!

EXTRA LIFE

TWITCH

I also have some games to give away.

My current game list:

Jet Set Radio

No Time to Explain

Pony Island

Resonance of Fate

Cook Server Delicious 2

Spelunky

Overcooked

Cuphead

Heavy Doughnut

Stick Fight Game

Dream Daddy

Dragon Ball FighterZ story mode

Horizon Zero Dawn

Cuphead

section09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi!

I'll be streaming for an indeterminate amount of time on Friday at 10 AM, probably 12 hours, hopefully more like 16, who knows.

In honor of me watching a lot of One Piece recently I will play through a One Piece musou, and also some other stuff?

TWITCH: https://www.twitch.tv/section09

casselld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've done all the prep work, and I'm super pumped to be streaming this Saturday! Here's a rough schedule that could change on the day of due to breaks for food, necessities, etc:

6:00 AM - 8:00 PDT - Destiny 2 to get the brain moving

8:00 AM PDT - Stardew Valley co-op farming

11:00 AM PDT - Don't Starve Together

1:00 PM - Finding Paradise (To The Moon was one of our favorites, so I hope the sequel delivers!)

6:00 PM to 6:00 AM - The Endless Setlist: I have every song from Guitar Hero 1 through World Tour set up in four separate playlists through Clone Hero, a community developed GH interface. I can only pause inbetween "games". I used to be the best GH player in Oregon, so I guess we'll see if I still got it...or maybe I'll just pass out with a hurt hand. Either way, I'm pumped to do this!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/momandpopgamestop

Extra Life: Link

prewaroregon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will be doing this again with my same friend group for the third year in a row. Probably going to play a lot of BackOps 4 Blackout Mode. Starting Saturday 11AM PT

Extra Life Page: https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donordrive.participant&participantID=314850

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/prewar0regon

Good luck to everyone!

Avatar image for doughnut_slayer
doughnut_slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By doughnut_slayer
haychew21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This'll be my 5th year streaming for Team Giant Bomb! Super hyped!

My stream's looking a lot more professional this year, even though Extra Life is the only streaming I do all year. Hopefully it goes off without a hitch!

My donation page hosts my Twitch channel and has a link to my Steam library for game requests. Planning on some Skyrim: Dragonborn DLC, Yakuza 0, Dead Cells, XCOM 2, and whatever else I end up wanting to play or I get requests to play.

I always kick off the donations by donating 10% of the goal myself, and I always donate to the Giant Bomb-proper streams in some capacity.

Huge thanks to Matt Pascual for all you do to organize this beast every year.

LINK! [https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=325811]

Have fun this weekend, guys and girls! For the Kids!!

bryngylf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

DeathbyRobots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By DeathbyRobots

Hey all, better late than never!

Extra Life

Twitch

This is my first year in Extra Life and my first time streaming. I will be beginning in 1-2 hours.

Starting out with a new game in Fallout 4 VR.

Once I get tired or the controllers die I Plan on moving over to PS4 for some Red Dead Redemption 2. I'd also like to revisit S.T.A.L.K.E.R. at some point in the day.

Have fun everyone!

lordrenrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By lordrenrew

Wanted to join in too!

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/343314

https://mixer.com/OP3L

casselld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey all, we had some medical issues come up today and couldn't pull off a 24 hour stream. Been in bed most of the day with a wicked fever, but we are NOW jumping on for a 6 hour stream and we will be on tomorrow as well! Come say hi and help us find the perfect Stardew co-op strategy:

Twitch

Extra Life Donation Page

urban_ryoga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Hey all,

I'll be streaming on Nov 17th.

Page: https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donordrive.participant&participantID=333282

Stream: twitch.tv/jonbjohns

I usually do a mix of "bad" games and those I need a push to play, usually to completion.

Current games on the docket:

Megaman X7

Sonic 4

Life is Strange: Before the Storm

Binary Domain

I'm tempted to swap out the last one for The Quiet Man

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks to everyone for making this year a real banger! Alex is killing it on the drums currently, and we have crazy huge lead in terms of the team leaderboards. You are all amazing. Think of the lives we have saved/changed each and every year we do this. I am so proud to be part of this team each year. Thanks again, everyone.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

No Caption Provided

Some of us on the Unofficial Giant Bomb Discord have teamed up to stream 24 hours for Extra Life this weekend. There will be some first time Extra Life hosts, so please come hang out and donate to give them some encouragement :D

EL Page: bit.ly/ugbd-el18

Unoffial GB Discord invite: gbdiscord.xyz

bgbball31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By bgbball31

Hey everyone! I know it's late, but I'm planning on doing 12 hours tomorrow (I don't think there's any way I would ever be able to do 24), from 8 AM to 8 PM EST. I'm trying to get everything set up, but when I go to download the GB template in the OT for my stream, it tells me the file is unrecognized or damaged. Any workaround?

Anyway, I'm planning on trying to finish some game I have in my backlog that I'm part way through. Probably some combination of Celeste, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Iconoclasts, and Hyper Light Drifter, plus whatever else if it seems like I'm stuck or have been playing those for a while.

Extra Life: https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=344406

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/breezly8

It'll be my first year, so I'm not exactly expecting to get much traction (I rarely every stream to begin with) but I'll try to!

Turra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Hello Everybody!

I don't stream much so it won't be huge, but I did this last year and enjoyed it so I'm doing another 24 hours by myself! I bought the gold edition of hitman 2 because I'm a sucker but now it means I can stream being bad at it for people. Might also play through the Titanfall 2 campaign because well.. I would like to play that game again.

I'll be starting pretty soon (9am GMT 10th November) and going for 24 hours.

Extra Life page

Twitch Stream

Well done to everyone so far and good luck to those still coming!