Famicom Mini controller is....minier than I imagined...

chamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chamurai  Online

So I bought a Famicom Mini yesterday and man the controller is SMALL like, smaller than Switch controller small. I understand why cuz the Famicom was designed to be able to store the controllers on the side of the console and we gotta keep the original design and all I guess. It's playable but it feels like it's some novelty I'm supposed to prop up on my shelf as decoration that just happens to be functional and the function is not the focus of the product. I do not have this problem with the Super Famicom Classic cuz the controller is the same size as the regular console.

What I want to know is, is the NES Classic that's released in the US like the SNES/SFC Classic in that the controller is the original size or is it mini as well?

haneybd87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sure hope so because I just bought one and an extra controller.

chamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 chamurai  Online

@haneybd87: Oh dang that's right! The NES has detachable controllers huh? Yeah Famicom Mini doesn't even have that, also the cables are Japanese house sized and short so I gotta pull the device closer to where I sit so I don't fry my eyeballs sitting 2 ft. away from my TV.

The Famicom is looking more and more like a neat decoration and I feel I gotta start looking for a way to get an NES Mini now.

Probably shoulda got the Shonen Jump edition Gold Famicom Mini instead. The games are garbage but it won't matter if it's sitting on my shelf with my amiibo. :P

haneybd87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chamurai: Yeah and they use the same connection type as the SNES Classic. You can also get cord extenders for them (which I did).