far cry 2 vs resistence 2

GiantRetard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GiantRetard

i am a ps3 owner and a avid fps fan and i still dont have either of theese games i only have money for one game

which of these should i get
a lot of people only like resistence 2 because of the online gameplay
but i was never a big fan of the first one

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By c1337us

I only just started playing Far Cry 2 so I havent got a good take on it yet. Resistance 2 is pretty good, but for me not as good as the first one in terms of campaign so for you that might not be good. The multiplayer on the other hand really makes that title so if you are a multiplayer buff you should like it a lot. If I were only going to choose one for myself I would still choose Far Cry 2 even only having played a couple of hours worth.

GiantRetard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GiantRetard

thanks for the input

Duke_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Duke_Lion

I have played both and I have to go with Resistance 2.  I liked the single player and the multi player.  Co-op in particular is really awesome.  Far cry 2 was fun in the beginning but towards the end I just wanted it to end.  It gets repetitive, go kill this random guy, this random guy, then flood the mine and kill these random guys.  I like killing stuff but cmon.  And I did not like the multi player very much.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Jayge_

Probably Resistance 2. Shorter single player, better multiplayer (Far Cry could have been an amazing multiplayer game if they only bothered testing it :-/)

kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kilzombie

I've only played a bit of Far Cry on my PC, and I've enjoyed Resistance 2 more, even though it was pretty frustrating at points, I still found it much more enjoyable than far cry.

GiantRetard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GiantRetard

alright thanks looks like i am buying resistence 2

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SoothsayerGB

This user hasn't filled out their bio yet!

says it all

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jayge_
SoothsayerGB said:
"This user hasn't filled out their bio yet!

says it all"
And... what does it say, exactly?
ThePumKinMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By ThePumKinMan

I think from what I've played of both, I don't own either, I prefer Fry Cry 2, which I plan on buying, but I haven't played as much of Resistance 2, I assuming R2 would be better for online play though, the multiplayer for FC2 is fun, but not really that great.

I play on buying both, but I'm more excited to buy FC2, and it's 30$ cheaper at bestbuy.
jagt707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jagt707

Far Cry 2 is a unique and ambitious game that doesn't live up to its full potential.

Resistance 2 is a generic but bad ass first-person shooter with a kick-ass single player and a multiplayer component that's better than Halo 3 & Call of Duty 4.... oh yeah, I went there.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zitosilva

Though I never played Far Cry 2 I'd stick with that one. If you are an avid FPS player then there's a higher chance you'll dislike Resistance 2's singleplayer. It isn't very good and you probably played tons of other stuff that are much, much better. The online is indeed very fun, specially the co-op. But, and this is something I can only say from personal experience, I enjoyed at the beginning but got tired of it rather quickly. About a month after having bought the game I couldn't even look at it again. Got tired of the weapons, the voice of Blake talking to you, the enemies, etc.