#101  Edited By rachelepithet

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By napalm

It's not Microsoft's direct fault, but they are to blame for making it so goddamn easy to buy stuff. Those who may not understand what they are doing, or those who are easily-influenced, will find it ridiculously easy to click two things and be downloading whatever they bought. I also don't know what kind of parental controls are included and what it entails, but hopefully in the future, Microsoft might make the parental controls easier to deal with and easier to prevent these kinds of things from happening.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

I could probably be racist right now...but I won't. Posting a picture of Gabe with a Hitler mustache is, apparently, an act considered to be worthy of suspension....I'm kind of butthurt about that. Anyway, it's stories like this that make me glad humanity exists, sort of.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104  Edited By _Zombie_

@TrafalgarLaw said:

@zombiebigfoot said:

@mtcantor said:

@zombiebigfoot said:

@TrafalgarLaw said:

Wow the corporate apologists in this topic. Disgusting.

The stupidity in this comment. Disgusting.

The disgust in this reply. Disgusting.

Disgust in this disgust. Disgustception.

Microsoft can miss that 1150 pounds, this family probably is in debts now. Disgusting.

Yup. Still sounding nonsensical.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiebigfoot said:

@TrafalgarLaw said:

@zombiebigfoot said:

@mtcantor said:

@zombiebigfoot said:

@TrafalgarLaw said:

Microsoft can miss that 1150 pounds, this family probably is in debts now. Disgusting.

The family should be culled, lest their idiocy spreads. C.R.E.A.M. bitches!

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By _Zombie_

@TeflonBilly said:

@zombiebigfoot said:

@TrafalgarLaw said:

@zombiebigfoot said:

@mtcantor said:

@zombiebigfoot said:

@TrafalgarLaw said:

Damn right. Bitches gon' die.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiebigfoot said:

@TeflonBilly said:

@zombiebigfoot said:

@TrafalgarLaw said:

@zombiebigfoot said:

@mtcantor said:

@zombiebigfoot said:

@TrafalgarLaw said:

Damn right. Bitches gon' die.

If not death, at least the Wu-Tang Clan style torture to teac them a lesson

TSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I wanna see them on the news like this

Avatar image for izbaadin_islamabad
Izbaadin_Islamabad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone said that this is like claiming that you didn't know that calling up on the internet cost money, back in the days?

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@algertman said:

When will the FIFA madness stop?

When the no1 sport in the world stops. Probably never, I love Fifa but have "only" spent maybe 10 bucks to get some packs to start the foundation of my ultimate team. To be honest I got into FIFA before I started watching football and somehow FIFA is just a great game that you don't even need to like the sport, but I started watching the World Cup and the EPL and now I'm hooked..

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By mrpandaman

Not to take any blame away from the parents, because it is their responsibility to make sure that this shouldn't happen, but does anyone here think that this may have to do with MS Points?

Wouldn't it just be easier just to put the price in whatever currency the person uses? I always found that the points system is really dumb and not necessary.

@Izbaadin_Islamabad said:

Has anyone said that this is like claiming that you didn't know that calling up on the internet cost money, back in the days?

I see what you're saying, but the kid's dad knew that he was paying for XBL, probably did not know that there were other things you could buy on there. Still, he should have done his due diligence checking his credit card to make sure there weren't extra charges to his card that he did not recognize.

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

@Bell_End said:

"An apology would be nice but I'm more interested in having this problem stopped so that we as parents can stop our kids from making payments on our cards."

Why sir, would Microsoft apologize for your stupidity? If this guy failed to block his kid's access to his credit card that's his own damn fault.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrpandaman said:

Not to take any blame away from the parents, because it is their responsibility to make sure that this shouldn't happen, but does anyone here think that this may have to do with MS Points?

Wouldn't it just be easier just to put the price in whatever currency the person uses? I always found that the points system is really dumb and not necessary.

I see what you're saying, but the kid's dad knew that he was paying for XBL, probably did not know that there were other things you could buy on there. Still, he should have done his due diligence checking his credit card to make sure there weren't extra charges to his card that he did not recognize.

No because it pops up a few times that your are BUYING points with MONEY. The kid just does not want to get in trouble. He knew exactly what he did. 
mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By mrpandaman

@The_Laughing_Man said:

No because it pops up a few times that your are BUYING points with MONEY. The kid just does not want to get in trouble. He knew exactly what he did.

I don't disagree that this is their fault entirely unless they can somehow prove otherwise. But I'm just saying even though it does say that you're buying points with money, wouldn't it just be easier and more transparent to just say you're buying this with money instead of I'm technically buying points so I can buy this product with these points I just bought. Again, I'm not taking any blame away from the kid and his family.

Avatar image for izbaadin_islamabad
Izbaadin_Islamabad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrpandaman said:

No like the other guy said, it's someone who knew what he was doing but just deflected the attention and now that's something you can just throw your hands up and say "how could I know!" and gain leverage through feigned ignorance.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrpandaman said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

I don't disagree that this is their fault entirely unless they can somehow prove otherwise. But I'm just saying even though it does say that you're buying points with money, wouldn't it just be easier and more transparent to just say you're buying this with money instead of I'm technically buying points so I can buy this product with these points I just bought. Again, I'm not taking any blame away from the kid and his family.

Thats not even the point of this. 
Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#117  Edited By Scotto

Yeah, this kid can eat shit. Especially in the case of XBOX Live, where even if he did the whole thing online, he still needed to buy several chunks of Microsoft Points where the dollar/euro price is clearly fucking listed, along with how many points it gets you.

I get how spending the points themselves can feel like it isn't real money (though still entirely your fault - take some responsibility for fucks sakes), but buying the points brings up your CC number, along with clearly delineated prices, and it confirms the purchase.

This is just some kid trying to get out of trouble, by blaming Microsoft. And shame on his dad for buying it hook, line, and sinker. Although maybe that's the kind of intelligence we should expect from the parent of a kid who bought full XBOX games over the XBLM, yet "didn't realize they cost money".

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By SmilingPig

Give the kid a medal, he is clearly smarter than his dad.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By NTM

This is why if you're a parent, and not a gamer, you don't use your own money on things like this so naive little kids don't get into this.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By iam3green

well pretty stupid of both of them i think. ok, nice to let your son play xbox live, but look at credit card statements.

tell your kid not to let you spend your credit card without them asking. i ask my parents if i could buy something every time i wanted to buy something online. consoles never needed credit card when i was 12.

Divina_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Divina_Rex

What on earth did he buy?

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#122  Edited By ChadMasterFlash
@PrivateIronTFU said:

I love Daily Mail photos.

No Caption Provided

The people always look like they want to scream, "Can you see how this evil corporation screwed us over? Feel sorry for us!" But I don't, because you're idiots.

Kid looks like Beans from Even Stevens with a fro.  

Also it's kind of hard to not notice that kind of money just disappearing even if its over a 6 month span. 
buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#123  Edited By buft

Like the xbox dude said , parental controls are on kids accounts if you leave your kid with the adult account expect to get shafted, kids dont care about the real world.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Do something stupid.

2. Blame Microsoft for your own stupidity

3. Complain to media outlets.

4. ???

5. Profit?

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#125  Edited By egg

Is Microsoft to blame? I don't know but one thing is for certain: that father has a son. For that, he has no one to blame but himself!

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#126  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@TrafalgarLaw said:

Wow the coorporate apologists in this topic. Disgusting.

There are parental control options on the Xbox that prevent kids from buying things.

The father could have used pre-paid cards for Xbox Live instead of entering his card details on the machine.

He also could have checked his bank statements like most responsible people do.

They ask you several times to confirm your order when purchasing content and the Xbox makes it VERY clear that you're charging the card. There is not a chance the kid didn't know this, it's a very obvious attempt by the kid and/or family to appear like victims.

Clairabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#127  Edited By Clairabel

I don't believe for a second the kid didn't believe he was spending real money, unless he's a complete idiot. When I was 12, although quite a while before Xbox Live, I knew that buying a game = cost money. As for the father, it's clear he probably feels like a tool, hence passing the blame on.