kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kermoosh

"movie of a game" , sorry for not being specific beforehand

i personally would love to see a Half Life movie, where it either follows Gordon Freeman or the rebels

and naturally being a fanboy, i would love to see a halo movie, despite its lack of storyline

"movie of a game" , sorry for not being specific beforehand

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By Atlas

Wait, so is that Favourite game movie (movie of a game) rather than Favourite movie game (game of a movie)? I'm so confused.

They really shouldn't make a Half-Life movie. Sure, they could find an awesome way to use the setting and the fiction, but there's too many ways for it to go wrong. Would you actually make Gordon Freeman a character, with dialogue and personality? Hell no. But that's what a movie studio would want to do; that or take so many liberties with the story that it's barely recognisable as Half-Life.

Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By Heartagram

The title of the post sounds like you want to know your favorite movie game... 

Nevertheless i would love to see another Silent Hill movie and i think the Bioshock film could be interesting if done right.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64
@kermoosh: I don't get the question.  Please be more specific.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Dude, your post and your topic are two totally different things.

I'm not so sure what game I'd like to see made into a movie, but Goldeneye is my favorite game based on a movie.

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kermoosh
@Atlas said:
" Wait, so is that Favourite game movie (movie of a game) rather than Favourite movie game (game of a movie)? I'm so confused.  They really shouldn't make a Half-Life movie. Sure, they could find an awesome way to use the setting and the fiction, but there's too many ways for it to go wrong. Would you actually make Gordon Freeman a character, with dialogue and personality? Hell no. But that's what a movie studio would want to do; that or take so many liberties with the story that it's barely recognisable as Half-Life. "
first, i meant movie of a game
second, your right about gordon being a mute, but i think it might be good following the rebels and their battles without Gordon
Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By Heartagram
@kermoosh: The Main problem with a Halo movie is that they would want to show Master Chief's face and that is a horrible idea.  

I'm sure it is inevitable but I am not looking forward to it.
kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kermoosh
@Heartagram said:
" @kermoosh: The Main problem with a Halo movie is that they would want to show Master Chief's face and that is a horrible idea.   I'm sure it is inevitable but I am not looking forward to it. "
i hope they dont show his face, that would ruin it

and also what i said about a half life movie, it would be cool if the movie followed the marines and not the chief
Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Kyreo

Okay I know, I'll answer both Movie Game and Game Movie. 

Movie Game = Bourne Conspiracy 
Game Movie = Assassins Creed the Movie (if they make it)

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kermoosh
@Kyreo said:
" Okay I know, I'll answer both Movie Game and Game Movie.  Movie Game = Bourne Conspiracy Game Movie = Assassins Creed the Movie (if they make it) "
i'd love to see an assassins creed movie, it would be cool to see how they portray the past and present
GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By GunstarRed

I don't think it's a good name for a movie but  one set in the Panzer Dragoon universe would be cool... I love that whole Fantasy with a dash of sci-fi-ishness design they have to everything. 

Although you might end up with krull with dragons if youre not careful.
Avatar image for thelawnwrangler
TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By TheLawnWrangler

EDIT: oops... uhh... well below the ----, I stated favorite game movies haha. So here are my favorite movie games: 

Peter Jackson's King Kong: I didn't mind this so much... I enjoyed it kind of 
SAW: see Peter Jackson's King Kong 
Ghostbusters: see Peter Jackson's King Kong 

-------
I did not mind Silent Hill or Doom for some reason 

and agreed, 

@Heartagram:

I'd love to see a Bioshock movie... or a movie based on the universe of Bioshock. and Sam Jackson needs to be Andrew Ryan 

"would you kindly SHUT, THE FUCK, UP"
"I HAVE HAD IT. I'M TIRED OF THESE MOTHER FUCKING SPLICAH'S IN THIS MOTHA FUCKING UNDERGROUND UTOPIA LIKE CITY BUILT AROUND THE ASPECT OF LAISSEZ-FAIRE AND TO ESCAPE THE WORLD ON LAND THAT IS A LITTLE TOO OVERBEARING FOR THE CITIZENS DOWN HERE."

I'm dumb like this, sorry lol 
raidingkvatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By raidingkvatch

I would actually really like to see a Metal Gear movie franchise, with the first film being based on the events of the first two Metal Gears so it would act as an introduction to the world and an origin for Snake, whereas if they made a movie of Metal Gear Solid I feel it work better as a stand-alone thriller, rather than part of a franchise, in which case they'd have to cut a lot of the Metal Gear madness out of it, because it would be too difficult introduce an unfamiliar audience to the Metal Gear world and tell that story.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#14  Edited By AgentJ

I'd enjoy a Fallout movie, but I can't say I've seen a movie based on a game that I liked.

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kermoosh
@nofx4208 said:
" EDIT: oops... uhh... well below the ----, I stated favorite game movies haha. So here are my favorite movie games: 

Peter Jackson's King Kong: I didn't mind this so much... I enjoyed it kind of 
SAW: see Peter Jackson's King Kong 
Ghostbusters: see Peter Jackson's King Kong 

-------
I did not mind Silent Hill or Doom for some reason 

and agreed, 

@Heartagram:

I'd love to see a Bioshock movie... or a movie based on the universe of Bioshock. and Sam Jackson needs to be Andrew Ryan  "would you kindly SHUT, THE FUCK, UP""I HAVE HAD IT. I'M TIRED OF THESE MOTHER FUCKING SPLICAH'S IN THIS MOTHA FUCKING UNDERGROUND UTOPIA LIKE CITY BUILT AROUND THE ASPECT OF LAISSEZ-FAIRE AND TO ESCAPE THE WORLD ON LAND THAT IS A LITTLE TOO OVERBEARING FOR THE CITIZENS DOWN HERE." I'm dumb like this, sorry lol  "
lol, i skipped over when you mentioned Sam Jackson, but when i read the andrew ryan quote i crapped my pants

well done dude
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@Kyreo said:

" Okay I know, I'll answer both Movie Game and Game Movie.  Movie Game = Bourne Conspiracy Game Movie = Assassins Creed the Movie (if they make it) "

They have that short film leading up to the events of Assassin's Creed 2.
psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#17  Edited By psykhophear

I don't understand your question. You mean video game movies that have already exist or ones that you would like to see being made? Well, judging by the responses, I would think you mean which games I would like to see being turned into a movie. 

Hmm, let's see...Grim Fandango would be a great idea. Make it claymation style like Nightmare Before Christmas or Corpse Bride. That would be awesome! If only the rumors about Tim Burton making that movie were true but nah, maybe it's for the best because I'm not a big fan of some of Tim Burton's films. 

My other suggestions would be Quake, Half-Life, reboot of Resident Evil (The Milla Jovovich trilogy sucks anus), Silent Hill sequel, Mortal Kombat sequel and Metroid. It'll be great but it' won't be a satisfaction guarantee completely. Why does Hollywood like to screw up with these video games? They don't treat them with respect. It's all about the money.

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kermoosh
@TheMustacheHero: i watched that, it wasn't as good as the half life short film but my eyes were stuck to the screen like glue when watching it, seeing a real life assassin
kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kermoosh
@Psykhophear: i loved the first mortal kombat movie but heard the second one was terrible, but a new one could work
teeknuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By teeknuts

The best movie based on a video game is, without any doubt, Street Fighter .

Quick, change the channel!
 Quick, change the channel!
In terms of potential video game movies, I think Assassin's Creed does have real potential. If Neil Blomkamp ever actually does a Halo movie I think it could be great as well.
Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

Bible Black. . . . . . . That would make for one hell of a TANG episode.=)

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By emkeighcameron

TANG kind of ruined every single one of the possibilities for me. I don't think I actually saw ANY of the movies covered by TANG, and after watching all the TANG episodes, I know for sure that I don't want to.

alsnuts2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By alsnuts2

Wow i was all excited to post "True Lies" on the SNES but I guess thats not what this thread is about.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By mordukai

Hollywood should leave the gaming movies behind. No matter how good their intentions are they just end up whoring the game all together. 

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By penguindust

There are a few movies based on games that are less painful than the majority, but I can't say a single one would be considered at the same level of quality as an action movie not based off a game property.  The first Mortal Kombat and first Lara Croft: Tomb Raider are not horribly bad, so I can watch them and enjoy them for what they are, but I'd rather watch their inspirational material (Asian HK cinema & Indy movies) or play the games.  

The thing is, movies are too finite for games with strong story elements.  A two hour block is all you have to work with to introduce the characters, set up the conflict and push through the plot to a conclusion.  Would you want to see everything that happens in Half-Life, Dragon Age, or SMT: Persona 4 reduced to a standard theatrical running time?  I would much rather someone (HBO or straight to DVD) turned a really good game into a limited series.  Under those circumstances, I'd love to see a Fallout 3 series.  

Bioshock is the only property that comes to mind that seems to have enough story to support a movie but not so much that lots of plot development would be sacrificed for time.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@kermoosh said:
" "movie of a game" , sorry for not being specific beforehand  i personally would love to see a Half Life movie, where it either follows Gordon Freeman or the rebels  and naturally being a fanboy, i would love to see a halo movie, despite its lack of storyline   "movie of a game" , sorry for not being specific beforehand "
They have some animation movies of Halo coming out that look interesting.

I think Star Trek Online could be turned into a movie.

waitaminnit...
kgould01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#28  Edited By kgould01

i would love to see a metal gear solid movie or a gears of war movie.
Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Bombs_Away
@AgentJ said:
" I'd enjoy a Fallout movie, but I can't say I've seen a movie based on a game that I liked. "
Supposedly, the Fallout 3 guys were inspired by the book, The Road which has recently come out as a film. It's pretty good too.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#30  Edited By AgentJ
@Bombs_Away said:
" @AgentJ said:
" I'd enjoy a Fallout movie, but I can't say I've seen a movie based on a game that I liked. "
Supposedly, the Fallout 3 guys were inspired by the book, The Road which has recently come out as a film. It's pretty good too. "
That's absolutely right, and The Road was a fantastic book. Have you only seen the movie? 
Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Bombs_Away
@AgentJ: Yeah only the film so far, I'm interested in getting the book sometime soon. I heard they stuck to the plot pretty rigidly so it should be a good read.