Favorite Premium Series?

AngryHobo321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As we all look to see what the future holds for the site it seems the perfect time to look to the past. There has been a ton of premium content over the years and I've watched a paltry sum of the total videos. So I come to you all to ask what your favorite series has been over the years?

For me, it's gotta be Metal Gear Scanlon. I loved the interplay between Dan and Drew, love MGS, and that series began right when I first moved into the dorms for my freshman year of college. Getting to tune in regularly when I was living somewhere new for the first time was very comforting.

Now that all the old guard is gone (besides Jeff) I am happy there is so much content available for me to remember times gone by. Share your favorite here and maybe we all can be reminded of something we missed out on.

tylambert86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Demo Derby followed by Metal Gear Scalon. Mass Alex is also really great.

AngryHobo321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tylambert86: I was about to jump into Mass Alex as my next series. Definitely a better choice than buying the remastered trilogy.

KiltedYaksman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KiltedYaksman

Steal My Sunshine and Mario Party Party easily. Love me some Vinnyvania Also.

jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 jacksmedulla  Online

My favorite will always be vinnyvania. It's basically comfort food for me. I love the castlevania aesthetic, and paired with vinny's humor and enthusiasm for the series, it always kept me entertained.

Avatar image for davesavedtheday
davesavedtheday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...Burgle My Bananas tbh

Carboot_Soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Carboot_Soul

Project BEAST, Steal my Sunshine and (not sure it has a fancy title) Shenmue. Got to admit barely started Metal Gear Scanlon, seems like this is the time to pick it up again.

remmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beast in the East (Shenmue/Yakuza) and Breaking Brad: Demon Souls

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Mario Party Party, Vinnyvanis, and 13 Deadly Sims

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Metal Gear Scanlan, Mass Alex, Project BEAST. But VinnyVania was the reason I originally signed up for premium.

Avatar image for deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f
deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoy Game tapes. Having the crew take a look back at historical press conferences and other old B roll with the knowledge and perspectives that they have now is super neat. Shame they don't do them that often.

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal Gear Scanlan, Mass Alex, Project BEAST. But VinnyVania was the reason I originally signed up for premium.

Also, Breaking Brad: The Lost Levels was great to experience live, but I don't know that it is something I would recommend going back to.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By slyspider

Betting the Farmville! IDK why but that series stuck with me and I still think about how dumb it was years later. I actually don't even think it was premium but still.

Jokes aside, probably the Mario Party stuff. I'm rewatching it now after all the news came out. I've heard enough about Metal Gear Scanlan that I need to watch that next.

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the run and Goldeneye for me.

AzureGale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The premium Old Games shows, Jeff Gerstmann's Pro Skater, and UPF. The last one especially, as it just felt cathartic to see it start up at the end of a work week and watch some guys play some video games.

croznad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crime Crew playing GTA V followed by Steal My Sunshine and Exquisite Corps

Francium34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

For east coast, I really enjoyed Blue Bombin', because it just ends up people not paying much attention to the end and just chatting random stuff.

For west coast, 3AM Boys had such chaotic energy. I wasn't always paying full attention, and rarely could make the live show unfortunately, but every Wednesday morning it shows up in my podcast feed, I think "yeah, I can use a bit of that in my life right now"

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Metal Gear Scanlon

This is the Run

Steal My Sunshine

Homeslice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Random PC Game

Metal Gear Scanlon

Demo Derby

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By bybeach

Mostly not on order:

Metal Gear Scanlon-Metal Gear through IV

Vinny-vania

Very much both Shemmue and Yakuza )

Crime Crew!

Random PC game/Load out last Save.

This is the Run, especially the John Carpenter inspired first one.

The Breaking Brad's, most of them

And even though I didn't want to, I developed an enjoyment for the Steal my Sunshine series.

Also I assume Abby's Sims series was premium. I did not watch it consistently, but I was impressed at times where it went.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beast in the East was pure joy. Got a little rough when Dan got frustrated with it but thankfully that passed.

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 12

Burgle My Bananas is the reason I'm still here today.

baker1nr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steal my Sunshine is what got me to sign up for premium, but I have a soft spot for Garfield with Gertsman, loved Ben’s terrible jokes and the unholy fight stick which I absolutely should not have googled after they described it.

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Game Tapes, Mario Party Party, Breaking Brad, Vinnyvania, Shenmue, Demo Derby...so many to pick from

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

For east coast, I really enjoyed Blue Bombin', because it just ends up people not paying much attention to the end and just chatting random stuff.

Blue Bombin' has so many great banter moments.

mousepounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal Gear Scanlon 1 is what got me to finally spring for premium so it is #1 for me.

Steal My Sunshine I hate to love and love to hate.

Shenmue because they had the balls to just leave for 20 minutes and let the recording continue.

theuprightman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

13 Deadly Sims is fantastic and a reasonably short watch.

gornogorno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal Gear Scalon was the reason I bought premium.

But after that I discovered so many great series here that I love, that it's difficulct to choose.

Vinnyvania is definatly up there, at the top of the list

MrGreenMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mario Party Party and Burgle My Bananas. Both for similar an very different reasons. Mario Party series was like an endurance test and Dan was the evil villain. Really made for a fun watch. As for Burgle my Bananas. At first I was not sure how far they would get into the game before they just gave up, and slowly it just went into this weird surreal space of where nothing made any sense and was absolutely chaotic.

That and Demo Derby and Game Tapes are true classic, I do hope they continue onto the future of whatever GB will be.

Avatar image for littledansonman
LittleDansonMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GB East premium features were nothing but bangers from the time Austin joined up until the end (RIP).

Project BEAST, Shenmue Endurance Run, Beast in the East, 13 Deadly Sims, Exquisite Corps, Steal My Sunshine, Crime Crew, Burgle My Bananas, and probably others I'm forgetting. But yea you can probably just go through every East feature in chronological order and have a pretty good time.

roars5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By roars5000

Metal Gear Scanlon; Burgle My Bananas; Vinnyvania; and Mario Party. Not sure if Breaking Brad was premium or not, but that show was a classic.

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Demo Derby is the number one with a bullet.

The rest is not ordered:
Crime Crew
13 Deadly Sims
Game Tapes
This is the Run
Mario Party Party
Jeff Gerstmann's Pro Skater

taiterfry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal Gear Scanlon was tops for me. I would never play those games, but watching Drew and Dan was top-notch entertainment, and hard to beat. Other than that, the West Coast crew's best was probably Mario Party Party, and Blue Bombin' was the East Coast's best stuff. So much good content to choose from.

StanleyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of my favorites is the entire run of Game Room quicklooks Jeff did for the lifespan of that service. Right a long with Jeff, I was pretty psyched about the idea of GR, and then I realized (about on pace with Jeff) that Krome clearly had no plans with Game Room beyond releasing it, trickling out the very basic roster of games they licensed, and then just put it pasture. It sucks too because it was an amazing idea to create an online social space arcade (I would still love to see this idea executed). Anyway, that entire year-and-a-half or so of quick looks is among my favorites.