Favourite game to be EVIL in when you had the choice?

bartholomew999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By bartholomew999

I'm playing through inFAMOUS right now and loving it.  As usual I'm starting out playing it good, and on my second playthrough I'll dally with badness.

But it struck me what was the best game to play bad in when you had the moral choice options? So GTA would not apply here.

For me, it was the original Fable on my PC.  Damn I loved it as my character's horns gradually grew out of his head.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

I probably have to say Fable 2. It was cool how your character changed (i.e. the horns, their skin turning gray and gross) and it was actually fun being evil in that game because of the things (like quests) corresponding to evilness in that game.

tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By tmthomsen

I enjoyed going along the renegade path in Mass Effect.

Kalisynth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Kalisynth

fable 2, fun to see bad things happen to the villagers then have them say "OH I LOVE YOU!!" cause of my awesomeness.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By kush

I don't really enjoy playing as evil in any game, but I didn't mind playing as evil in Fable 2. Though I have to say that a game like Bioshock was impossible to play as evil for me...I don't know why, but I just couldn't bring myself to harvest the little sisters, even after numerous "good" playthroughs.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By lord_canti

Animal crossing.......beat tom nook with a shovel......i am playing that for the rong reasons. to be honist ive never played evil its not in my nature im too much of a goody 2 shoes

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Feanor
@Kush: I feel the same way, I just cannot bring myself to playing evil in a game that requires moral choice.

On the other hand, I guess I like being evil in Warhammer Online the most.  Destruction is just so much more fun to play.
calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By calf_exercises

Like alot of other people I dont usually play as evil but i must say watching the people of megaton meet their doom was totally awesome.

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Feanor
calf_exercises said:
Like alot of other people I dont usually play as evil but i must say watching the people of megaton ... [more]
lol, well evil or not its always fun to watch an A-bomb go off in a video game.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kush
@Feanor: I think it's probably because most games that feature some kind of morality system usually have a deep story that the player can't help but get into...I know that in these types of games I usually feel like I'm actually the main character and I have to act the way I would in real life.
Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Feanor
@Kush:  I agree, and I do the same exact thing when It comes to games that have moral choices.  I've tried to be an evil character in fallout a few times, but after a few hours I get to the point were I cannot live with my in game character.  I begin to despise him as if he were a Super Mutant or Raider.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kush
@Feanor: I agree and I think the reason being evil in Fable 2 doesn't bother me as most other games is because of the game's over-the-top personality and overall ridiculous nature. It's hard to take that game seriously, not that there's anything wrong with it.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_A_Drain

Baldurs Gate I reckon.

Dovey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Dovey

Black and White: There was no greater feeling of being evil than to sacrifice people to give you greater power.

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Feanor
@Kush:  I think for me, what it really comes down to is the killing innocent npc's, and denying good npc's help if they need it.  Fable is so out there, that when you kill someone, it just feels like you dropped an anvil on Elmur Fudds head.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By natetodamax
calf_exercises said:
Like alot of other people I dont usually play as evil but i must say watching the people of megaton ... [more]
Totally
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kush
@Feanor: It wouldn't surprise me if you were given the option to drop an anvil on someone's head in future DLC :P ...possible E3 announcement confirmed? I think so!
Time_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By Time_Lord

probaly the orgial fabl devil horns that were awsome although being evil in infamous looks like fun and that i am pickig up this week

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Endogene
Princess debut, you can be incredibly delightfully cruel in that game.
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Systech

I don't think that there has ever been a game that I wasn't enjoying myself more playing as a good character. I will always take the evil path afterwards, but being good feels much more rewarding to me.

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheGremp

I'm a very evil person in every game I play.

On the Tattered Spire quest in Fable 2, when it's all like "Feed the prisoners, or let them starve." I just flipped them off and "Vulgar thrust"ed until they died.  Yeah.

WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

I almost always play evil first, guess I like variety when I can get it, as most games force you to play as good.

I always loved playing evil in the KotOR games, forcing Zaalbar kill Mission was just.... evil.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By c1337us

I never find myself playing evil very much in any game with a morality base. I toyed with it a bit in Fable 2 and Black & White a little. KotOR was another one. 

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Feanor
@WitchHunter_Z: Kotor was a game that I felt I had to play evil.  I mean whats a Star Wars game without Force Lightning?
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By atejas

Civilization, doy. Nothing like plunging the world into nuclear Armageddon.

Bonus points if Gandhi's your leader.

TheTerrifyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheTerrifyer

Dungeon Keeper

Also, the best game ever created that nobody played.

ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ShadowKiller

I don't usually be evil but like Kush said, after a little while I started to despise my Fallout 3 character so then I created a new good character.

Steven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Steven

Wow, I do pretty much the same as everyone else.  It's pretty surprising, I'd (for some reason) expect it to be the other way.  Damn "gamer" stereotypes...

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#29  Edited By Jeust

Yap. There was only a game where i loved to be the bad guy.

The Knights of the Old Republic... The bad ending was so egotistical that i couldn't pass out.

Huge spoiler for Kotor ahead *************************************************************************************************

Bastilla says something like this, near the end...

- Come to the dark side, and we'll rule the galaxy. 

You say:

- How do i know you won't betray me?

And she goes:

- I need not deny my passions anymore. i love you. Malak is weak... Together we can rule the galaxy, as master and pupil.

And in the end...

- The republic is finished... On the run... bla bla bla

(...)

"All hail Lord Revan!!! All hail Lord Revan!!!"

(...)

And an awesome clip of a sith massive fleet gliding to battle...

:')

************************************************************************************************************************************

It paid off to be the bad guy...

In the rest of the games, i generally act as i am. A goody two shoes. Can't help it...

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By penguindust

Most games don't actually portray "evil" as much as they give the player the option of being a selfish dickwad and calling it evil.  Most of the time the choices are help or not help, steal or not steal, etc...which aren't really what I'd classify as evil.  There is one situation however which made me feel scummy for an hour after I played through the scene, though.  In KOTOR...
well, there are spoilers galore ahead, so I'll just link this video I found on YouTube.  The original poster of the video agrees with me.  "That's just so gloriously messed up"

For fun, almost sadistic glee, I enjoyed the over the top chaos you could inflict in Crackdown too, although again, not really "evil."

BR4DL3I9H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31  Edited By BR4DL3I9H

What about overlord? It was quite entertaining being evil in that game, but there again it was really a choice between the degree of evil you wanted to be, rather than good verses evil. I am going to have to say Knights of the Old republic for choices.