Features/Series You'd Want

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

This question may have been raised before in other threads?

I think GB has been doing a great job of content during this Lockdown, but that doesn't mean we can't dream of other video series that might be cool and who we'd like to see on those.

The only reason I'm posting this is because of a historical Giant Bomb video that popped up on the feed today.

So my suggestion is:

Leisure Suit Labby - it seems pretty self explanatory. Abby playing through the Leisure Suit Larry series of games.

Tbh this is probably a terrible idea because of the terrible content of those games and I'll admit that my picking of Abby for this series was mainly because her name worked best at integrating into the Leisure Suit Larry titles. But Abby has also shown through Nancy Drew a good track record of playing through one 'series' of games.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

A 4 player run of Divinity Original Sin 2 involving Vinny has great potential for wild happenings. I wouldn't even need to see the whole game really, I'd imagine there'd be enough great content even if they just made it a little bit into Act 2.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imhungry said:

A 4 player run of Divinity Original Sin 2 involving Vinny has great potential for wild happenings. I wouldn't even need to see the whole game really, I'd imagine there'd be enough great content even if they just made it a little bit into Act 2.

Hell yea DiVinnyty Original Sin 2 is something I'd be 100% on board for

Bonbonetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 1

I need more Civilization or some other long-run strategy game playthrough, or some city-builder: Anno (any), Age of Wonders 3, Endless Space 2, Europa Universalis IV, Tropico 6, Sudden Strike 4, ... there are so many good ones to choose from. I know they don't like strategy games, but surely there must be something from the myriad of strategy games around?

I really miss Kerbal Space Program. That should have been an annual thing. Just do that.

Any sports game. Maybe there's some NHL or FIFA game they liked, that they could play through a season of? It could be anything though: UFC, Baseball, tennis, cricket, golf, ... anything really.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I came here to ask for a JRPG feature (only if someone on staff has a genuine interest in them) but the Vinny lead, co-op Divinity idea is just sublime and I would watch that in a heartbeat.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I’d love to see Alex play through Fight Night Champion’s story mode for some bizarre reason.

Similarly, I have no basis for why I want to see Jeff (or anyone on this planet) play Future Cop LAPD, but I do have that desire deep in the pit of my being.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

A podcast/video based feature where Alex, Rorie and any other member of the giantbomb talk about movies and other topics. Given the current situation, they can talk about streaming premiere instead of cinema... doesn't really matter. No need to refer to it related to screened (rip), but I really liked that podcast and miss their opinions on recent movies.

A coop WRPG where each control a different party member sounds like a great idea as well...

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MerxWorx01

I'd really like to see more Deep Rock Galactic. It's out now as released as 1.0. I've been playing it for the past few weeks solo and its pretty good.

Some more Deep Bomb Galactic with any combination of GB staff would be cool.

warpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see Vinny play all Transformers games ever made. 1 game per episode, no need to finish the games, most of them are pretty bad anyway. (I only ever finished the PS2 one, but have fond memories of the C64 game)

yyninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By yyninja

If I dreams come true... a new endurance run of Persona 5 Royal or maybe of the Phoenix Wright series.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm watching Brad at the minute and I WANT THIS IDEA STOLEN:

Shoe 'em up. Brad tackling various shmups.

ZiegfredZSM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ZiegfredZSM

Giantbomb Rewind

Different veteran giantbomb staff playing past games from the sites games of the year list with Abby and Jan

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#13  Edited By liquiddragon

East Vs. West content a la Rocket League

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Rorie playing more space sims would be fun, and I'd love for someone on the staff to play through the Genesis-era Shadowrun.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Some co-op action games. Like the GTFO or Remnant streams, but through a full campaign.

Streets of Rage 4 and Dragon's Crown was fun to watch, but it'd be nice to do a series in multiplayer. Or watching Abby play RE is fun, but some online RE 5 could be even funner. GB skews towards single player playthroughs but there's a ton of potential with co-op.

Squadaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's kind of a lame answer but expanding Brad and Vinny play Astroneer into a sort of "Brad and Vinny Conquer the Universe" series with them setting some goal for Satisfactory, Factorio, and maybe Kerbal Space Program and all of those similar games would be super entertaining.

Honestly though, the lockdown has produced a lot of stuff I'm eager to watch on a weekly basis right now between Alex's Trucking, Brad and Vinny in Astroneer, the Hot Spot, and Minecraft.

MisterHighGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to see them play obscure Japanese exclusives. Like Drihoo on the og xbox or metal slug 3d on ps2

CyrusRaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jan continuing to fall down the Soulsbourn hole Sekiro, or the DS games.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Christoffer

I don't know how busy Drew is in times like these but it would be really fun if they could drag him back for some flight sim or iRacing streams.

And I love to see Jan take on some of the other Souls games. I haven't watched a lot of the Bloodborne streams because I still hope to play through it myself one day and I don't want it to be spoiled. Getting a console for just one game still feels wrong.

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Abby doing a RE7 playthrough, I’d also be game for an Original Sin 2 co-op session.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need more Civilization or some other long-run strategy game playthrough, or some city-builder: Anno (any), Age of Wonders 3, Endless Space 2, Europa Universalis IV, Tropico 6, Sudden Strike 4, ... there are so many good ones to choose from. I know they don't like strategy games, but surely there must be something from the myriad of strategy games around?

I really miss Kerbal Space Program. That should have been an annual thing. Just do that.

Any sports game. Maybe there's some NHL or FIFA game they liked, that they could play through a season of? It could be anything though: UFC, Baseball, tennis, cricket, golf, ... anything really.

A Vinny Total War series would be fantastic - or a Beastcrew (Maybe Warhammer: Total War Beastmen) brains trust playing something like that - but I think that would be a pipe dream sadly. I've enjoyed Alex's Civ videos

Bonbonetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By Bonbonetti

@imhungry: Man, Divinity Original Sin 2 with Vinny at the lead sounds super fun.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Total War-ie, where Rorie plays through Total War games.

Probably would have been more entertaining when Dan was still around, to get a bunch of dumb history questions.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably would have been more entertaining when Dan was still around, to get a bunch of dumb history questions.

I love Dan

But given that he didn't even know about the outcome of the Vietnam War, and with my job as a history teacher I think that would've infuriated me to no end

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

There isn't a specific show I'd like them to do, but it would be cool to see more weird crew combos while they're all working from home. I'd love to see Abby and Brad do something, or Alex and Jan, or Ben and Vinny. The possibilities are endless finite!

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By emprpngn

I'll echo the others who've recommended something like Divinity: Original Sin 2 or a strategy/city building game with Vinny at the controls. Pretty much anything with fairly intricate systems and the potential for things to go terribly awry would be amazing.

CitizenErased

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really miss UPF, mostly as a weekly wrap-up and also because they're not locked into playing or talking about anything specific. So I'd love something where one/all of them are playing a game or two and just shooting the shit.

Some board game streams (using tabletop simulator) would be freaking rad.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, some kind of GB Rewind where the staff go back and play games from either past GOTY lists or maybe just ones they didn't get around to playing when they came out.

Also, while I think they've done a really good with content over this quarantine/lockdown period I'd prefer streams with 2 or more people over solo streams. I think the back-and-forth is a major reason for the popularity of Quick Looks and I also find the solo streams compete with all the other streamers I follow on Twitch.

rahulricky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@citizenerased: yeah agreed, while I'm really appreciative of how the team has managed to put out so much content under difficult circumstances, I would prefer fewer streams with multiple people rather than lots of solo streams.

snaketelegraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to see East Coast playing through the rest of the Capcom "5" since they did Resi 4.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@therealturk said:

Brilliant.

maurice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More seasons/games for "This is the Run". In honor of Dan the supporting role(s) to Vinny could be a rotating chair with different guests on a per game basis. With online co-op games it would be cool to bring in members of the West Coast.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Divinity original sin 2 run with four people and Vinny at the helm has the potential for amazing highjinks. One of my all time favorite games.