caption
lvl10Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By lvl10Wizard

I sold my PS2 to get a 360 and the last game I played on PS2 was FFXII so I'm pleased I can continue the series on my current console.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Yeah, and I don't know why anyone wouldn't be. The more people who get to play a great game like this the better.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

doesn't matter to me, i hate the final fantasy series since 7 and really it shouldn't matter if the game is comming to more then one system.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Meowayne

I don't really care, because Final Fantasy has nothing to do with quality anymore, only with high production values, which I could care less about. I really don't understand how people can actually look forward to this.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks

The more people that play the better, it's coming to 360 because it's the prime console in the west, it would be stupid for SE not to release it on 360. The age of multi format release is upon us, Sony more than anyone else needs to get use to it.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By brukaoru

Sony and Microsoft still have exclusives that will sell their systems. This generation is having more and more multi-platform games. Games have become expensive to produce and the amount of sales needed to generate profit are quite large. From a business perspective, it's a bit silly to rely on one console for sales when the game could work just as well on another console.

Tanuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tanuki
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By BoG

Next time, please use the Final Fantasy XIII forum for this discussion.

Anyways, I am a bit angry, but not for the reasons most people are. I don't feel I've betrayed by anyone, as this isn't any form of betrayal. Had it switched platforms and gone 360 exclusive, that would be betrayal, this is just making a popular game more widely available. What disappoints me is the fact that now the game will not utilize the full specifications of the Playstation 3. Had it been exclusive, similar to MGS3, much more disc space is available for the game. Now, they'll likely be cutting back the content. Either that, or the game will be on multiple discs. Yes, it is a devastating blow for Sony to no longer have that top tier exclusive.
Also, I have this thought in the back of my head- If Microsoft had gotten this sooner, and FFXII went multi-platform, nobody would care, because all of you lack good taste.

lvl10Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lvl10Wizard
BoG said:
"Next time, please use the Final Fantasy XIII forum for this discussion.

Anyways, I am a bit angry, but not for the reasons most people are. I don't feel I've betrayed by anyone, as this isn't any form of betrayal. Had it switched platforms and gone 360 exclusive, that would be betrayal, this is just making a popular game more widely available. What disappoints me is the fact that now the game will not utilize the full specifications of the Playstation 3. Had it been exclusive, similar to MGS3, much more disc space is available for the game. Now, they'll likely be cutting back the content. Either that, or the game will be on multiple discs. Yes, it is a devastating blow for Sony to no longer have that top tier exclusive.
Also, I have this thought in the back of my head- If Microsoft had gotten this sooner, and FFXII went multi-platform, nobody would care, because all of you lack good taste."
I don't understand your argument about good taste perhaps you could elucidate?
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
BoG said:

Also, I have this thought in the back of my head- If Microsoft had gotten this sooner, and FFXII went multi-platform, nobody would care, because all of you lack good taste."
I doubt square will cut back on content. They've said that they're making it for PS3 and then porting it over to 360, so I will imagine that they'll make the game that they want to make and then worry about porting issues later. And I doubt it would be a big deal putting it on multiple disks on 360. Most 360 JRPG's are on multiple disks.
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BoG

lvl10wizard, I don't think people would have cared because it seems XII wasn't as popular as previous FF titles, despite how great it was. The best FF game of last generation, and that's the truth.

lvl10Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lvl10Wizard
Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Kazona

I haven't cared about an FF game since 8 so it really doesn't matter to me.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DoctorTran

Doesn't matter to me either way.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16  Edited By Cube

I don't like Final Fantasy at all, can't seem to get into it.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By wefwefasdf
Cube said:
"I don't like Final Fantasy at all, can't seem to get into it.

"
Did you ever play VII?
keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By keyhunter

I'm happy that FF13 is gonna move units for Microsoft and make them money. I'm sad that another weaksauce JRPG is coming to the 360. We get it, JRPG's are derivative and not fun. Shut up already.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BoG
lvl10Wizard said:
"

I see. Yes I really enjoyed XII, it was far superior to X. I enjoyed the Gambit System and not having to go into a battle screen upon each encounter.  Let's hope that XIII innovates.

"
I'm sure it will, as that historically, all Final Fantasy games have innovated in at least one respect. Each title has changed the way characters are developed, and each time, it has been something either we haven't seen before (junctions in FFVIII, sphere grid in X) or making something old a lot better (jobs in V) so I'm sure XIII won't disappoint.
Also, keyhunter, JRPGs can be a lot of fun. The derivative ones tend to go mostly unnoticed, and the games that people like do something all their own.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
BoG said:

I highly doubt the ps3 version is going to be cut back in any form, let alone that its what how far done on the ps3? Its been proven time and time again that the 360 is as powerful if not more so then the ps3, multiple disks is all thats needed and using them will mean no cut backs on the ps3 version or the 360 version. Rage another game thats gonna use multiplediscs has been proven to be on match with the ps3 version the developer i cannot name off the top of my head admitted he was exadgerating.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By crunchUK

i don't really care... but system wars was epic win that day

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Aurelito

Sure that i'm glad about it, this series and MGs were the only japanese games that i loved, then I couldn't play MGs 4. at least now, i can get this one.
But they must put Regenerative health in the game to sell on this platform at overseas.