Fighting Game Scrub Thread

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By soldierg654342

I've caught the fighting game bug again after I found out a few of my coworkers are also into them and started playing them again. Problem is, I'm the only one buying them for our meetups so I've gotten a lot of them recently and I don't have anyone to regularly play them with (I gave up on randoms a long time ago). I looked around and I couldn't find a similar thread like this, so I though I would start one. If you have some fighting games you want to play that you aren't very good at, post them here and hopefully you can find some people around here to play with. Or, if this thread already exists, then point me in that direction.

Steam/PSN: RomeoBravoDelta

Ultra Street Fighter IV (PSN)
Street Fighter III: Third Strike - Online Edition (PSN)
Skullgirls (PSN/Steam)
JoJo's Bizarre Aventure HD (PSN)
JoJo's Bizzare Adventure: All-Star Battle (PSN)
King of Fighters XIII (PSN/Steam)
Injustice: Gods Among Us (Steam)
Dead or Alive 5: Ultimate (PSN)
DiceKick (Steam)

Also, while I'm not a scrub in them, I also have these available
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown (PSN)
Mortal Kombat 9 (PSN)

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Fredchuckdave

I'm always down for KoF XIII on PSN, Valgresas. Though busy with random PS4 stuff presently so send me a PM on giant bomb if you want to play. I'm good at the core concepts of fighting games (though usually too lazy to practice combos etc.) and actually good at MK/Injustice; but I shouldn't be too oppressive at anything else.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: I'm re-downloading KoF XIII on PSN now, actually. I had it from PS+ but deleted it for some reason.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@soldierg654342: Sent you a friend request; lately I've been playing 2 random characters and a character I'm good with against the hardest comp, which is pretty enjoyable (always trying to go for an OCB with a new character and failing) so I can do that for a bit if you want.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierg654342 I'm mostly a Street Fighter player, but I think I have all those you posted, except for JoJo's, and Injustice is PS4 version. PSN - TheNewBlack Steam- Hippiegenocide

I'm kind of out of practice on everything, so it'd be cool to go a few rounds again with someone that wouldn't get completely bored by my ineptitude.

HeyGuys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HeyGuys

I'm pretty terrible as well, how are randoms so damn good anyway, but I can't help but love them.

I think I've got all of those other than Dead or Alive and Divekick. The PSN is: boringname123

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not strictly on-topic but I just wanted to give a shout-out to local scenes. I've been solidly into FG's for a long-ass time but recently made the decision to leave the community behind because it was encroaching on the other hobbies I wanted to pursue and my motivation had been waning already for about a year now as well as some more personal reasons I won't go into. So as the local community here began to slowly break apart or focus its energies solely on Ultra SF4 (a game I don't play, I'm a Third Strike, ST and Vampire Savior player, I would've played KOF 13 if it had had an offline community here, though, that game is incredible) it seemed like a good time to duck out and open up my (rapidly diminishing, these days) free time to all the Kickstarter games I backed in 2012 that are just starting to leak out, like Wasteland 2, and just videogames in general, it's been a good solid couple of years since I devoted any real time to them.

But I can say this about the fighting game community, no matter what its reputation is online. Offline, it's one of the friendliest, most welcoming, and most energetic communities I've ever been a part of and it's given me a lot of lifelong friends and some of the best memories of my early/mid 20's.

Rambling aside, I'm saying do what you can to nurture that small offline community you have, even if it's only 2-3 people meeting up twice a month or something. If you do, it'll grow and before you know it you'll have large local tournaments like we've enjoyed here for the last 2 years, and have more people from surrounding scenes travelling out. You won't regret it, honestly, I'll cherish some of the memories the FGC has given me until my dying days, I've never found any other community to be so welcoming and so accepting offline, particularly when paired with it's generally boisterous and over-the-top attitude, it's a very strange combination.

Don't make the mistake of withdrawing from offline play because online is more convenient (not that I'm saying you are, just saying don't fall into that trap down the line)

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By soldierg654342

@heyguys& @hippie_genocide: Friend requests sent. I'm looking forward to getting some games in.

@the_a_drain said:

Don't make the mistake of withdrawing from offline play because online is more convenient (not that I'm saying you are, just saying don't fall into that trap down the line)

I used to travel and compete for MK9, but I stopped being able to afford it both money and time-wise. My goal is to go to the CEOs next year (we're in Florida) with at least on of the other guys (he's more serious than the other). We're only competition ready in VF5:FS, but we are working on getting ready in something else. I'm so glad to have people to play offline with again. I gave up on randoms for a reason.