Fighting Games General EX Plus α

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5851  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Some solid thinkums by Ultrachen commentary tonight.

Also Canada reviving my interest in Marvel somehow.

People who are worse than Dogura at SFV (per http://rank.shoryuken.com/rankings/cpt): Fuudo, Kazunoko, Xian, Bonchan, Verloren, Itabashi, Oil King, Gachikun, Daigo, GO1, Moke, Phenom, Mago, Mena, Momochi, Sako, MOV, NL, Brolynho, Smug, Infiltration, Xiaohai, Gamerbee etc.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Urien wins a major...

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hmoney001: Second actually, he also won TWFighter; if you're to list the hardest tournaments of the year it goes something like Canada Cup, TWFighter, Chengdu (Dueling Dragons Dojo), EVO and Final Round. Also not just a major but a premier, the term major is pretty immaterial in SFV (and realistically most other games, too; still holds some significance for KoF and maybe UMVC3) since there's 100+ CPT tournaments that could all be given that word.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#5855  Edited By StarvingGamer

Huh Brian Kasugano top 8 winners for a stone tomorrow

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5857  Edited By hassun
Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I reeeally wanna see a Melty Blood Kohaku/Hisui style fighter but with all four ninja turtles.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@hassun: Immeditely seeing that I had thoughts of Ginyu Force vs. TMNT. Looking forward to seeing NetherRealm's take on that kind of character.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind seeing an article on this @pattheflip.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redhotchilimist: From the way they bunch them together in the lineup, I think they probably will - that or you'll pick a fighting style, with each fighting style being a different turtle? Then again, Leonardo is pretty clear about saying "we fight as a team" so, fingers crossed?

Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redhotchilimist: From the way they bunch them together in the lineup, I think they probably will - that or you'll pick a fighting style, with each fighting style being a different turtle? Then again, Leonardo is pretty clear about saying "we fight as a team" so, fingers crossed?

I could live with a button that jumps one of them out and the next one in, but all of them share a life bar, like Pokemon Trainer in Smash.

pattheflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun said:

I wouldn't mind seeing an article on this @pattheflip.

I'm out of the writing game for a minute, but I don't think there's all that much to say.

Fighting games are a great genre for showcasing awesome characters, but they're not great for getting you invested in those characters, because you usually need a narrative to do that, and the bang for buck you get in FG narrative is...not great. I have no idea what it costs to license TMNT or one of the Battletoads, but it seems like a convenient way for an IP holder and a game developer to market their stuff to each others' audiences and test the water for future collaboration without risking putting money on a full-fledged game.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the shit, the MOD community must be stop.

No Caption Provided

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vorsic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt they'll announce it but I want playable Bulma. I hope the cast of that game gets weird for that Dragon Ball game.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RIP Bulma's voice actress =\

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5871  Edited By hassun
Loading Video...

Looks like Sakura is pretty likely for Season 3.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5872  Edited By hassun
hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5873  Edited By hmoney001

These christmas costumes are on point.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Also how many costumes does chun have now?

Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I prefer current Birdie to the one who's in shape, but I'm happy that his three fans can get him without mods. I feel similarly about the classic costumes for Chun-Li, Karin and Balrog. Good on ya, but you did a good job with them for V already. It's not like with Alex or Ibuki, or even Akuma.

The V-triggers look funny, I dunno. Mostly just happy about seeing everyone get new moves. After playing SFV for two years I've seen a lot of the same stuff.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5875  Edited By Ford_Dent

Buff Birdie looks fucking rad.

The secondary V triggers seem pretty badass!

I am very excited for them to announce Sakura, because she's been my main for a while and I have missed her lo these past years.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5876  Edited By hmoney001

Gotenks looks fun and annoying to fight against.

Loading Video...

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waypoint's Evo/Punk/Sonicfox video finally made it to YouTube:

Loading Video...

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If your on xbox , Injustice 2 reg is 60% off, Deluxe and ultimate 50% with gold membership

also if don't have gold it's $1 for a month right now.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5882  Edited By hassun
StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namco Bandai really going for it aren't they.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

America confirmed free at SFV

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5886  Edited By hassun
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

No Caption Provided

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sakura is Akuma now wtf

pompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun said:

Loading Video...

That was the most tekken intro i have ever seen. At least Namco have gotten good with their 3d character models. (whats with Sagats jelly skin?) Wtf is going on at Capcom's art house.

either way, this arcade update looks like it might bring me back or at least install the game again. The arcade trailer and the Sakura reveal made me want to play again, even if i think its butt ugly

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I AM HERE FOR SAKURA (and so glad she is not still running around in a schoolgirl outfit)

SAKURA LOOKS FUCKING RAD, OUT THERE HUSTLIN' AT THE ARCADE WHILE FINDING TIME TO KICK FOOLS IN THE FUCKING FACE

CAPCOM WILL GET SO MUCH MONEY OUT OF ME BECAUSE OF SAKURA

Some kid out of the Dominican Republic winning Capcom Cup is fucking amazing (and with a Birdie no less!) and I wish I'd been able to stay up until 5am to see it happen, but I have to travel today and I needed sleep. Gonna have to go watch the replay later today.

The announcement of the 30th anniversary collection is also pretty rad, because I can get it on the Switch and finally have a portable copy of 3rd Strike and Alpha 3.

I might also buy it on PC or PS4?

Capcom might get a lot of my money, is the thrust of this post.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5891  Edited By hmoney001

Holy crap, S3 characters look awesome.

Now fix Ken's face.

Idol costumes coming for Ibuki and Mika?

Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel really good about Street Fighter at the moment. The Arcade Edition with the new UI, new modes and the new moves for everybody go along way to make the game feel fresh again after two years.

Mena RD won the whole Capcom Cup with Birdie(except against Guile when he tagged in Laura, it still seems like a nightmare matchup). There were tons of amazing matches, and I messed up my sleep schedule trying to follow along.

Then these new characters are announced. I don't like Sakura or Cody very much, and between Sagat, Sakura, Ryu, Akuma and Ken I dunno whether to be pissed that that character type is increasing in numbers or happy that people that only play that type of characters(30% of the playerbase, considering that last statistic) are gonna branch out so I see different shades of hurricane kicks. But most other people really love Sagat, Sakura and/or Cody, so I'm happy for them. I got Blanka, who was on my personal list of old dudes I wanted to see again in the game. And I got the Sakura Alpha 2 stage, which is just wonderful.

And finally, they announced a collection of every notable Street Fighter game that's not a crossover. Stellar stuff, Capcom!

Loading Video...

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hmoney001: You mean the pop idol group SaBuMi?

@redhotchilimist: I mean Akuma, Ryu and Ken play nothing alike in SFV. Sakura certainly looks to be far afield and if Sagat is actually a solid zoner that would immediately distinguish him in a major way. Like if you changed their character models, gave them different names, and adjusted a few of the similar-looking animations but retained their functions, you'd have no idea these characters had the same fighting "style".

Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer said:

@hmoney001: You mean the pop idol group SaBuMi?

@redhotchilimist: I mean Akuma, Ryu and Ken play nothing alike in SFV. Sakura certainly looks to be far afield and if Sagat is actually a solid zoner that would immediately distinguish him in a major way. Like if you changed their character models, gave them different names, and adjusted a few of the similar-looking animations but retained their functions, you'd have no idea these characters had the same fighting "style".

I agree that if you changed all of their models and animations they'd be different, lol. Naturally.

I think it's totally fair of me to be down on the character type. They've differentiated them to a degree, but they're still so similar that it really doesn't spice things up much when I'm meeting 5 Ryus in a row instead of 5 Kens or Akumas. No other character in the series is like this. You don't have rushdown Kolin, zoner Kolin, mixup Kolin, Schoolboy Kolin, Old Sensei Kolin, Pink Joke Kolin, Evil Kolin or whatever. It's the Dragonball issue where half the cast wear the same uniforms and everyone throws energy beams around. Yes, the differences in their design and gameplay are gonna make them be different characters, but ultimately you're looking at a lot of the same stuff, and down in my Bronze ghetto the practical difference isn't very big. You'd all be pissed if we had Blanka, Hotheaded Blanka, Girl Blanka and Evil Blanka and they were all anyone was playing.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Yo, is Sakura now a pop idol with that outfit? That's greaaaaaaaaat. This might be one of the few SF V redesigns that I actually like. Also, pretty into the idea of Cody wearing a suit.

I might end up dipping my toes back in if reception is positive, but I'm not enthused about the prospect of grinding out characters or buying the season passes for full price. I don't imagine the Arcade Edition disk comes with the Season 3 Character Pass, but if it did I'd vaguely consider just getting that.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redhotchilimist: We'll have to agree to disagree I suppose, but personally I wouldn't care if there were 4 different Blanka variants if they were as differentiated as Ryu, Ken and Akuma in SFV to play as and fight against. Those three have about as much in common with each other as they do with Rashid and Necalli.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5897  Edited By StarvingGamer

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

They had Sakura and Blanka running side by side in the trailer. Wonder if it's canonical that they were fellow members of the Hibiki "dojo". Arcade Edition is looking more and more like it's finally going to get me into SFV. As of now the most fighting gaming I do is playing KoF14 with a friend of mine every week or so.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

That could be massive, not sure if people flying in from countries around the world must go through the same process.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll let a smarter person than I express my trepidation