Loading Video...

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#6155 riostarwind  Moderator

I really like the look of this new Samurai Showdown compared to what they did with KOF XIV. The slight use of cel shading goes a long way to make a game look more vibrant and colorful.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yeah it kind of makes me wish they'd do another refresh of KOF XIV's visuals, to be honest.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6159  Edited By hassun
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

So will there be a Giant Bomb Dojo with the new Street Fighter V update?

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6161  Edited By SaFt

@smtdante89: We have one up and running over in the GB Fighting Games General EX Plus α discord server. It's named GiantbombFGC.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#6162  Edited By ESREVER
hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6164  Edited By hassun

Japanese version:

Loading Video...

English version:

Loading Video...

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry for the double post but it's not like someone else was going to post it here.

Loading Video...

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

CPT finals time wooooooo can't wait for more Cammy buffs

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super happy to see 2 Dhalsims and a Sakura in the top 5 of the Last Chance Qualifier. It's nice when underrepresented characters (and the folks that play them) get a chance to shine.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#6168  Edited By ArbitraryWater
Loading Video...

So, uh, the first character for Season 4 is going to be Eviler Evil Ryu, huh? Sure?

I guess this is my chance to check in and ask how people are feeling about Street Fighter V these days, because when I see stuff like this and the recent ad hubub it doesn't make me want to jump back in. Somehow, Dragon Ball Fighterz and UNIST are the most excited I've been about fighting games in years, despite me being more than complete trash at anime stuff.

fnrslvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arbitrarywater: I'm not excited by SFV in the slightest, but I don't think Kage is a misstep. Hell I can just about guarantee you that there is a frothing horde of casuals who have been begging Capcom for Evil Ryu ever since before SFV's announcement, who are collectively losing their shit right now. A certain kind of fan just can't live without the *mouthbreathing* EDGY variant of the main character. Probably the same kind of person who buys all of those recent 3D Sonic games. Kage pretty much guarantees that Season 4 will sell, regardless of whatever other characters Capcom have planned.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arbitrarywater: I've been spending a lot of time in SFV recently, as I continue my endless dance with the game - I am getting more comfortable (finally, maybe) with the way Sakura works in this game. That or she's gotten some significant buffs recently? Who knows. The point is, I am still having fun with this game around 200 hours in. Also I bought Cammy's Jill Valentine outfit because pants for Cammy (I also bought Sakura's holiday outfit because goth Sakura). Season 4's character pass might be the first one I skip, as I've less than zero interest in last-second-Halloween-costume Ryu (credit to Jeff Gerstmann for the apt description). Maybe when they announce the other characters I'll reconsider, but I didn't like playing as Evil Ryu in USFIV and I didn't like playing against Evil Ryu, so this is a cause of negative excitement for me.

Speaking of anime fighters though... you know what's good? Melty Blood is good. I played around with that some over the weekend and now I've got to find some people willing to play that with me.

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arbitrarywater: I had a similar reaction to the announcement, but I never cared about Evil Ryu and I have not played SFV since the first few days of Arcade Edition. I was hoping that watching the high-level play at Capcom Cup might encourage me to fire up the game again. The matches were fun, but I do not feel compelled to launch the game again. We will see if the rest of the season 4 cast changes my mind.

You mentioned UNIST. I got the PS3 game through PS+ and have toyed with it a little bit. Is the PS4 update good? I saw that game was part of the sale and was considering a purchase.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like Eviler Ryu. Shitos are lame in the first place but Evil Ryu has always taken the cake, and this time there's not even the story justification of Ryu going berserk, 'cause Ryu solved it in the main story mode. Instead it's.... Ryu's lost killing intent, shaped like a shadow man? It's some Venom bullshit. But I don't blame Capcom for this one. I blame the fans that voted him into 13th place on last year's popularity poll, and refuse to give a character a shot unless they've got a hadoken, a shoryuken and a tatsumaki kick. Those actual 30% of people on CFN that only play the shotos. This is on you. At least I think Kage has some wacky combo stuff that seems fun. Dude walks like a top tier. But yeah for me this is a character I'm not gonna buy unless the eventual season 4 season pass includes him.

They kinda blew the announcement. Presumably 'cause they spent so much time on musical acts or whatever, the patch that contained Kage was done before the tournement was. So we could just look at him there on character select during top 8.

What was absolutely hype was the fighting itself. I cheered for Itazan all the way, and he rocked. Pity he lost at the last possible moment.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They must really wan daigo to play shotos again.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#6175  Edited By FLStyle
@extonay said:

When I go and beg the mods to set up chat for us this weekend, I'm assuming we all want bgcallisto and nycfurby for Fri/Sat yeah?

What's happening this weekend?

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought illuminati chat moved to discord...

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@arbitrarywater: I think SFV as a game is only getting better. Kage is an incredibly fun character to play. He definitely comes the closest to capturing the feel of SFIV within the SFV engine and also for all the complaints that he's "just another shoto" if you actually play him you'd see he has a lot more in common with USFIV Dan's unique gameplan. The ad stuff was completely harmless since you could just turn it all off, and clearly was Capcom experimenting since it was only ever planned for two weeks and has since left the game. And by and large the season 4 balance changes seem fantastic, outside of some questionable buffs to Bison and slight nerfs to Ken. It's hard to know what to expect from 2019 with all signs pointing to a shift to f2p and no clear messaging on what to expect in terms of character DLC and monetization, but as far as the sheer play of it and the place the competitive scene seems to be at right now, I couldn't be more excited. Maybe FANG and Alex will both win a major in 2019!

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Capcom can fuck right off for getting rid of the weekly 2500FM challenge mission! That was the one reason I had been logging into the game for the last couple of years, just to do that mission so I could get a costume piece every week.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

F2p SFV beckons...

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Kano in the background of the bar...

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Yooooooooo 3 of my favourite 5 fighting game tournaments with that kool kustom MK tournament stage

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided