Final Fantasy 13 confirmed for PC

Agentfred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Agentfred
Edit: Big misunderstanding here, it's being developed on the PC, but not being released on the PC.  I thought this thread was dead, but you all had to go and resurrect it, and make me look bad didn't you?
banksrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By banksrob

good news for pc gamers

Ehden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ehden

That's going to take up a massive chunk of any harddrive...

Txheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Txheat

lol mircosoft got it for the 360 insta Pc port wow.

MrVegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MrVegeta

I can't imagine it being hard to get working on the 360 since its built and functional on PC.

Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Colonel_Cool

It seems like a lot of Japanese developers are turning to the PC now to release games. Being primarily a PC gamer, I haven't played very many JRPG's at all. If this turns out to be a good port then I will definitely check it out.

spragels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By spragels

Good for everyone.

Shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Shade

Now I don't know what to get it for...360 or pc. Probably 360 because there would be less messing around involved.

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By Termite

YES!
Awesomeness, now I can play it

RabbitKarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By RabbitKarrot

This makes the audience much much larger, hoorah!

1oneWON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By 1oneWON

I may have interpreted this wrong but does that quote prove that it's being released for the PC or just coded and designed on PC's which will then be optimized for the 360 and PS3. I'm a little naive to the process of developing games but since the PS3 and 360 are essentially computers I thought all games were technically coded on PCs and then transferred, tested, and such on the console hardware.

Jandurin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jandurin

I approve of this announcement.

Hungry_bunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hungry_bunny

GREAT news. That's probably the format I'm going to use to play it.

Errorsol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Errorsol
1oneWON said:
"I may have interpreted this wrong but does that quote prove that it's being released for the PC or just coded and designed on PC's which will then be optimized for the 360 and PS3. I'm a little naive to the process of developing games but since the PS3 and 360 are essentially computers I thought all games were technically coded on PCs and then transferred, tested, and such on the console hardware.
"
Capcom's Framework engine works in the same way, and they still release their games on PC. So yeah, it could be a sign that FFXIII will come out on PC a few months after the xbox 360/PS3 versions are relased.

sohail12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By sohail12345

Another Big Game Coming To The Pc

caption
caption
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Doesn't surprise me at all. Some (if not all, I can't remember) of the PS1 FF games were ported to PC, it doesn't surprise me that they are going down that route again.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Demilich
Txheat said:
"lol mircosoft got it for the 360 insta Pc port wow.
"
Did you even read it? PC is the original version. 360 and PS3 are the ports.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By duxup
their in-house technology makes multiplatform development a lot easier than before

Clearly they were thinking of going PS3 exclusive with this from the start ;)
Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Axersia
Demilich said:
"Txheat said:
"lol mircosoft got it for the 360 insta Pc port wow.
"
Did you even read it? PC is the original version. 360 and PS3 are the ports."
Yes, Crystal Tools is a PC based engine. Meaning the game is developed on the PC, and then ported to the PS3 and 360.

And I don't feel like reading the OP post, but FFXIII has not been confirmed for PC. The OP probably just misunderstood.
cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cspiffo

Hopefully It works better than the crappy FF VIII port or the even crappier FF VII PC version.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Demilich

Also news flash: This article is old and FFXII is not going to the PC. At least not yet.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

it's not going to pc, that was a mistake
http://kotaku.com/5028961/of-course-final-fantasy-xiii-is-pc-bound
the whole rumor started on nzone, blame them.  And worse is that they just deleted the article.  At least update it and let it hang out for a bit.

read the update

on the upside the pc (as well as 360 and ps3) is getting the Last Remnant as well as Rapture  (mmorpg)

maybe it'll evbentually come, but we already know the roots of this rumor and its debunked

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By Cerza
cspiffo said:
"Hopefully It works better than the crappy FF VIII port or the even crappier FF VII PC version."
Yea that's exactly what I was thinking.
Gunraidan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Gunraidan
SmugDarkLoser said:
"it's not going to pc, that was a mistake
http://kotaku.com/5028961/of-course-final-fantasy-xiii-is-pc-bound
the whole rumor started on nzone, blame them.  And worse is that they just deleted the article.  At least update it and let it hang out for a bit.

read the update

on the upside the pc (as well as 360 and ps3) is getting the Last Remnant as well as Rapture  (mmorpg)

maybe it'll evbentually come, but we already know the roots of this rumor and its debunked"
Oh Boo!
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Yeah, basically the tools are PC based, but the game is still being built for the Playstation 3. This should make porting to the 360 easier, though, since the engine is running on both consoles.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
AndrewGaspar said:
"Yeah, basically the tools are PC based, but the game is still being built for the Playstation 3. This should make porting to the 360 easier, though, since the engine is running on both consoles."
it's actually just as much as a ps3 port as a x360 port since it's an open multiplat development.   If anything it'll just be easier for them for the 360 version because they're using open platform pc tools.  
shouldn't matter to us though.
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By AndrewGaspar
SmugDarkLoser said:
"AndrewGaspar said:
"Yeah, basically the tools are PC based, but the game is still being built for the Playstation 3. This should make porting to the 360 easier, though, since the engine is running on both consoles."
it's actually just as much as a ps3 port as a x360 port.  If anything it'll just be easier for them for the 360 version.
shouldn't matter to us though."
They're basically building the game using tools on the PC, but building it for the PS3 architecture using their Dev kits.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
AndrewGaspar said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"AndrewGaspar said:
it's actually just as much as a ps3 port as a x360 port.  If anything it'll just be easier for them for the 360 version.
shouldn't matter to us though."
They're basically building the game using tools on the PC, but building it for the PS3 architecture using their Dev kits."
and they're doing the same for the 360.

i dont know what you're getting at though.  The crystal toolset apparently works with the 360, pc, and 360.  Therefore it'd work with all the dev kits.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are working on the game ground up for the 360 too? Sorry bro, but thats not what they are doing. It is a 360 port, they haven't even begun working on it yet, obviously it is not being built around the 360 architecture, its just being ported.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Sentry said:
"They are working on the game ground up for the 360 too? Sorry bro, but thats not what they are doing. It is a 360 port, they haven't even begun working on it yet, obviously it is not being built around the 360 architecture, its just being ported."

but they're not doing it like that for either.
It's not a matter of building a game for both consoles or building it for only one, it's the fact that, just like a bazillion other games (bf, dmc, gta, etc.) the game is being built for an open platform and then to the consoles.

Both consoles are getting a port, if you want to call it that, due to the fact that it's being developed on an open platform.

You know those videos we're seeing?  Those aren't on the ps3.  There running on a pc right now.  The only thing that they'd have to change between the two versions is the actual coding, not the textures, models, etc.

Port is moreso saying you're shipping it from one console to another, changing the code so it'll run on the other console, essentilly an effiecient emulator.  It's being built on a general platform so they just do platform specific things (what a port would do) on BOTH. 
Not that hard to understand.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually they are, all games are made on PC, obviously, this is not a PS3 port just because its being developed using a PC. Obviously you don't exactly know how development works lol. Just because a 360 exclusive is being made on PC, does that mean its not utilizing the 360? Or the videos are not running on 360? No, they are. This is the same case.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Sentry said:
"Actually they are, all games are made on PC, obviously, this is not a PS3 port just because its being developed using a PC. Obviously you don't exactly know how development works lol. Just because a 360 exclusive is being made on PC, does that mean its not utilizing the 360? Or the videos are not running on 360? No, they are. This is the same case."

You really should learn what a port is:  Dictionary.com: "Computers. to create a new version of (an application program) to run on a different hardware platform (sometimes fol. by over). "
so in reality they're both ports since they both have to use specific factors for both versions off of a main base (crystal tools).  They're not developing it for the ps3 intitially, it's just an open thing.

so there will be 3 versions- the pc source, the ps3 version, and the 360 version

Doesn't matter though

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*sigh* Ignore my points, very nice. So in reality no PS3, 360, or Wii game is built around their unique architecture at all, according to you. Lol...

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SpecTackle

They're compiled to run on the given hardware, yes. However the fact remains in that it all has to run on a pc in the debugging phase, so SDL does have a valid point.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By pause422

So basically your response was looking up the definition yourself to reply as if you knew exactly what a port is.... right.

Anyway, this is quoted from Square- Motomu Toriyama didn't beat around the bush when Nomura asked him questions about the 360 FFXIII. Starting off, he reconfirmed that, "We haven't changed the direction of the development. We're making the PS3 version first, and then porting to the 360 later."

What they have been saying is, for years, or almost all of their FF titles ever released have been made on PC, then made to use the PS2's architecture from that, this one is going to be the same and made to use the PS3's specifically since that is still their focus, then will be ported to the 360 later on, but the 360 version isn't even close to getting started until the full PS3 game is done...and in North America since they are releasing simultanesouly, everyone has to wait until both versions are done.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
CynageN said:
"They're compiled to run on the given hardware, yes. However the fact remains in that it all has to run on a pc in the debugging phase, so SDL does have a valid point."

thank you, jees