Final Fantasy VII new info !

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By AuthenticM

Final Fantasy VII will be getting a “new” version of the classic game from the massive franchise and it will be exclusive (for now at least) to the PLAYSTATION 3. It is unclear whether a new version will be a simple remake or an extension to the original like Crisis Core, and if it will be a Blu-ray release, or on the PSN. Something else which won’t be exclusive is the original FF7 which will be coming to the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade by the end of the year.

Both of this info will be officially announced at either Square Enix’s August conference in Japan, or the Tokyo Game Show.

If they put VII on PSN and XBLM, it needs to have a fracking new translation by Alexander O. Smith !!

Source: http://playstationlifestyle.net/2008/07/22/the-final-fantasy-info/
suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By suneku

damn I hope this is true

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By I_smell
AuthenticM said:
"the original FF7 which will be coming to the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade by the end of the year."
Don't be bloody stupid.
Meliv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Meliv

When I saw the title of the thread I have to admit I thought,
'Dude. . . that game is already out'

Valkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#5  Edited By Valkyr

I can't remember but i think that i read an interview which said SE wanted to develop a FF VII remake but the mandatory condition was gathering the most part of the old FF VII team and i think it is impossible with Sakaguchi in Mistwalker

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AuthenticM

They would like to have most of the original team, yes; but Sakaguchi is expandable. They can very well craft a remake without him.

TheKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By TheKing

I'll believe it when I see it. But here's to hope!

TimeWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By TimeWaffle

i highly doubt it will be a straight up re-make

evilhomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By evilhomer

even if they did anounce something at that august conference it would still be years away from seeing release here in the states.  not even gonna worry about this one until something official comes out.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By BoG
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
BoG said:
"Hey guys, this discussion would be right at home on the Final Fantasy VII page

"
yes and please put RUMOR on the topic.
Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Megalon

I'm sure plenty of people would buy it whether it's a remake or something else. IMO they're crazy for waiting this long, but since nothing is official yet I won't start holding my breath just yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-63aed1f3cc082
deactivated-63aed1f3cc082

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't want a remake.  For me, half the fun is playing in the era it came from.  It's like a time capsule.  Well, except for Barret.  The poor dude was typecast in a stereotype, which is borderline racist, though I'm sure their intentions were good at the time.  Other than that, I love the original.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By I_smell

Looking at their other Final Fantasy remakes, I bet it would be a straight-up remake.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Karmum

Keep this off the XBLA zone, FF7 does not belong on the 360. If this is true, I hope its on the PSN, then on the PSP.

Why_So_Serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Why_So_Serious
AuthenticM said:
"Final Fantasy VII will be getting a “new” version of the classic game from the massive franchise and it will be exclusive (for now at least) to the PLAYSTATION 3. It is unclear whether a new version will be a simple remake or an extension to the original like Crisis Core, and if it will be a Blu-ray release, or on the PSN. Something else which won’t be exclusive is the original FF7 which will be coming to the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade by the end of the year.

Both of this info will be officially announced at either Square Enix’s August conference in Japan, or the Tokyo Game Show.

If they put VII on PSN and XBLM, it needs to have a fracking new translation by Alexander O. Smith !!

Source: http://playstationlifestyle.net/2008/07/22/the-final-fantasy-info/
"
I hope it comes to XBLA. I have always wanted to play this game but can't find it anywhere. I don't use ebay so... anyways this looks really cool. Too bad the FF7 remake is only for PS3.