zachariahus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By zachariahus

Yes Yes YES!
I saw this on the Ask Me Anything that was posted earlier this week, they said it won't be in for the Beta, but alluded that in may be in the full game?
What do you guys think? Is it actually being controlled by a player, or is it just a cut-scene or something? From the looks of it, this is legit. I for one would be stoked to get first person driving in the full game. Maybe that would even mean first person in other vehicles, like the banshee or ghost? Plus, Bungie mentioned before that they wanted to create incentive for players who just like to drive people around, this, paired with the race gametype could be pretty nuts.

Would you use this? Would you rather use 3rd person? Or are you more of shootin' dudes kinda guy, and you could care less?

Avatar image for white_silhouette
White_Silhouette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By White_Silhouette

I dive in cab on all racers so I would like to see this as an option. A mongoose would be an interesting one to drive.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Pie

That was cutscene you know? 
I still think it would be awesome though! Just highly unlikely 

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By mikemcn

I love the first person Humvees and ATVs in Battlefield, so I imagine the warthog could be awesome. Its more fun when you get to see your view bounce all around with every crazy jump and bump.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Pie

How would the controls work?

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Oriental_Jams
@Pie said:

" That was cutscene you know? I still think it would be awesome though! Just highly unlikely  "

There's a health bar at the top, so surely it's in-game?

Edit: On closer inspection it looks like the character is in the passenger seat.
Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Burns098356GX

Not that I play much of Halo, but the controls for driving those things is so weird and the way you steer it would make it nearly impossible from a first person perspective.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By ShaneDev

It looked more like he was in the passenger seat which means they could be bring back the first person view for the passenger. 
The video looked pre rendered though just to look cool.

zachariahus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zachariahus

Also, sorry for posting this in general discussion, I was trying to post in the Halo: Reach forums. But I am noob fail. Could someone let me know how to move it or post in a specific forum for the future? I was looking around the site, and found out it might be a bug, but I am not sure.... 

Back to the topic at hand. I am now having second thoughts if this is multiplayer or single... but the UI is definitely in place, and in previous games that would fade away during cutscenes and in-game transitions and such, so I still think this is a LIVE view of someone inside the hog. However, like

@Oriental_Jams

said:

" @Pie said:

" That was cutscene you know? I still think it would be awesome though! Just highly unlikely  "

There's a health bar at the top, so surely it's in-game?  Edit: On closer inspection it looks like the character is in the passenger seat. "
They could be in the passenger seat. Either way, I don't want to get overhyped for this and then not have it in the game, but damn I think it would be sooo cool. First person Mongoose 'till death do us part.

EDIT- On closer inspection. There is no score or game type, or locatiom or anything in the lower portion of the screen, so my guess is that this is either single-player and/or a transition from cut scene to game-play. meh.
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MikkaQ

Hmm first person driving in video games is kinda stupid.. it's not really realistic at all, because you have no peripheral vision, while in real life you have a much greater awareness of your surroundings. 

stephengotlost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By stephengotlost

Could be in singleplayer.
Also, the controls would be tooled so that the vehicle controlled like a conventional one.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Azteck

Could be a fun mechanic, but I hate driving vehicles in 1st person view. It's just way too difficult for me.

voodooterror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By voodooterror

pov cutscene with the way the hog controlls i think it wouldnt work with a cab veiw

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By MasturbatingBear

For now I prefer 3rd person. I love the feeling of getting in a warthog alone and driving off while my teammates get pissed and shoot at me for not bringing a gunner,to them rendering this completely useless, and then going on insane splatter sprees. I feel that the way the vehicles drive are fine for the game and I like them the way they were in Halo 3.

DarkGamerOO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By DarkGamerOO7

Yeah they need to bring the first person back for the passenger seat (not the driver), it is impossible to aim in the third person.