Forza Horizon 5 might take place in Mexico

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Hello there fans of open-world driving games!

I've heard rumors were saying Forza Horizon 5 is going to take place in Mexico so what are your thoughts on this? https://www.gtplanet.net/forza-horizon-5-rumors-mexico-20210504/

The landscape-wise may remind me of the Fast & Furious 4 movie where it took place in.

No Caption Provided

I hope this game's map will be even bigger than the previous 4 Forza Horizon installments.

lKennedyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I just want more Forza Horizon. Put it on the fucken moon i don't care give me the cars what got the anime tiddies on them and let me slang 'em round some bullshit while some millenials effuse about how lit everything is.

That said. let's just maybe ease off some of this battlepass/seasonal objectives/multiplayer shenanigans from 4 and just let me drive, man.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By imhungry

This could be good unlike Fast & Furious 4, which is a terrible movie.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gtxforza

@imhungry said:

This could be good unlike Fast & Furious 4, which is a terrible movie.

Fast & Furious 4's plot could have done a lot better, well I prefer newer Fast and Furious movies even more.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Not that I dislike Mexico, but I was hoping for Japan.

Dappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laaame, shoulda been Japan.

navster15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having never been to Mexico, but if it’s anything like the weather in Southern California, I can’t imagine we will see the same focus on seasons that Forza Horizon 4 offered. But whatevs, just give me more of that Horizon. Om nom nom.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

I found the map in the last Horizon to be boring. Mexico does sound like more variety in the locale, sign me up.

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By avantegardener

If I was a betting man, something that is the antithesis UK seems likely, Mexico might fit the bill. I don't mind really, just give me that sweet dopamine hit that is the 1st 5mins of any of Forza Horizon game.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gtxforza

@facelessvixen: @dappa:

Yeah, the majority of Forza Horizon fans were expecting the next game to take place in Japan too.

hughj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The dirt road, off-road, and AWD+supercar modifcation aspect of FH4 is way too prominent as it is (to the point of the game being broken, imo) so I hope where ever they put it has a lot of twisty mountain and canyon paved roads to drive. Mexico isn't the first place I'd think of as a driving road destination for exotic cars, but obviously they have creative freedom to make it work.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mexico is fine. It's really more about implementation than the location they choose. They made Scotland a lot of fun and I don't really think of that as a great exotic place with amazing driving.

I'm glad it's not Japan because I'd like them to get used to the Series X tech first so they can really nail it. A Forza Horizon Japan is a game I could see myself playing for the rest of my life so I want it to be as close to perfect as possible. Mexico has a lot of great fun terrain and I'm sure they'll do weather stuff with mountainous regions and the like, and of course there can be a fantastic party atmosphere in many part of Mexico, which has a lot of resort areas.

It seems like a fun choice but as I said it's all about execution.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I don'tcare where it's set, just no more Legos or Hot Wheels or whatever. Chase more real car licensing.

goosemunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want pedestrians. I'm so sick of modern open-world driving games with empty ghost town. Feels so creepy and lifeless, especially with all other aspects of the presentation getting more realistic. I don't care if there's no collision and clip right through them. Even Midtown Madness back in 1999 had pedestrians that jump out of the way. We have the technology.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsocrates: I agree that Mexico will be a good location for Forza Horizon 5's setting.

I would love to virtually drive 4x4 pick-up trucks on deserts, mountains, and forests.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sparky_buzzsaw: There's definitely going to be some kind of wild DLC of some sort. Maybe not Lego or Hot Wheels since they've done those, but something fantasy oriented. Personally I like that they do that because it's nice to have some really arcadey crazy environments to drive in instead of just more of the main game.

What I really want is a Beetle Adventure Racing type scenario with a bunch of cool tracks with shortcuts and crazy situations. I miss those kinds of arcade games. They do a TON of car licensing anyway so I don't think that this impairs that at all. They sell lots and lots of car packs, the expansions are about additional maps to race on.

@goosemunch: Forza Horizon itself has animals that you can't hit with your car so they have the underlying tech IN THE VERY SERIES you're talking about.

On the other hand, and the reason I think they won't do it, there's a lot of processing power required for real pedestrians and a lot of work to make their behavior both realistic and integrated with the game. We're more likely to see people eating at outdoor cafes behind invincible barriers or the like because having pedestrians in the streets and also impossible to hit with your car is a ton of work. Plus the brands that they license from don't even want the hint of the idea that their cars could be used to run people down. So it's just easier from every perspective not to do it.

Carboot_Soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Japan has been rumoured since FH3. It seems like a great choice with the drift scene and visually very varied. The other reason is like FH3 (Australia) and FH4 (UK) they also drive on the left side of the road. I'm not a developer but must be a pain to switch the game engine to work around the other way?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By gtxforza

@carboot_soul said:

I think Japan has been rumoured since FH3. It seems like a great choice with the drift scene and visually very varied. The other reason is like FH3 (Australia) and FH4 (UK) they also drive on the left side of the road. I'm not a developer but must be a pain to switch the game engine to work around the other way?

It will be awesome for the Forza Horizon series to set in Japan, plus I would love to listen to Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune's Trance and Initial D's Eurobeat music while racing or drifting.

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not that I dislike Mexico, but I was hoping for Japan.

Yes, I concur.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By gtxforza

Even if Forza Horizon 5 takes place in Mexico, I'm still going to listen to these kind of custom soundtracks while playing it:

Loading Video...

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome. Like other have said, I do hope they make one set in Japan, but cannot deny Mexico is a great choice.

And please give me at least one race where I drive through/jump over an Aztec temple.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome. Like other have said, I do hope they make one set in Japan, but cannot deny Mexico is a great choice.

And please give me at least one race where I drive through/jump over an Aztec temple.

True! and Forza Horizon 6 is better to take place in Japan so it can make its fans happy!

Also, I would love to put this song as part of my custom soundtrack playlist for Forza Horizon 5:

Loading Video...

I remembered this soundtrack was featured in Test Drive 6 and MotorStorm Monument Valley.

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don'tcare where it's set, just no more Legos or Hot Wheels or whatever. Chase more real car licensing.

While I guess I can see why the include these things, I have to agree with you, especially with Hot Wheels.

Also, I would like the DLC location, whatever it is, to be more meaningful. Fortune Island was nice for getting an easy 10 mil worth of credits, but was too small while trying to have the variety of the main location. The location needs to be bigger or more focused.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sparky_buzzsaw said:

While I guess I can see why the include these things, I have to agree with you, especially with Hot Wheels.

Also, I would like the DLC location, whatever it is, to be more meaningful. Fortune Island was nice for getting an easy 10 mil worth of credits, but was too small while trying to have the variety of the main location. The location needs to be bigger or more focused.

What I can say about Hot Wheels and Lego expansion? both are designed for nostalgic purposes since a lot of car lovers enjoyed playing Hot Wheels and Lego toys during their childhood.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sparky_buzzsaw: Aww come'on, the Hot Wheels DLC is the reason I got into this series in the first place :). You don't ever see outlandish track design paired with sim-cade handling, but now that I've experienced it I want more.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sparky_buzzsaw: Aww come'on, the Hot Wheels DLC is the reason I got into this series in the first place :). You don't ever see outlandish track design paired with sim-cade handling, but now that I've experienced it I want more.

To me, sparky_buzzsaw doesn't seem to like any sort of licensed toy brands on realistic-looking car games in general so there is no need to hate on him.