Franchise Rebirth On PS4

• 67 results
JaredA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I would love to see a new Crash Bandicoot game!

Huey2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Seriously, Legend of Dragoon is one of the worst rpg's of all time. Fuck that game. I'd totally be down for a new CTR, Jet Moto, or Bushido Blade though.

WHAT?!?!

Loading Video...

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By casper_

bushido blade for sure. maybe rival schools or some other long forgotten capcom fighting game of that era.

even though its not PS related i want another seaman game.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#55  Edited By jacksukeru

I'd love a new Ape Escape that plays like the numbered titles, but I feel that it has even less of a chance of being made and making it than something like Sly 4 did.

Maximo Ghosts to Glory. It was a favorite PS2 game back in the early 2000's but after 1 sequel, it disappeared. It was challenging but a lot of fun. Keeping the cartoony-look but adding next-gen quality, it could make for an entertaining downloadable. Or, if a developer was really serious, take it to the next level and add ARPG elements to flesh out the gameplay and depth.

There was a sequel to Army of Zin in development but it was canned after lower than expected sales of 2. It was a damn bummer because I love both of those games. If you haven't seen them, there were a few design documents, if you could call them that, released since the cancelation and they all pointed to the third game being potentially amazing.

A Videogame-ass Videogame!
A Videogame-ass Videogame!
@mordukai said:

not much of a franchise rebirth but I really want the Ratchet & Clank games to be back on track. The last two games, while being ok in their own right, just didn't do it for me.

As far as 3rd then I really want a new Legacy of Kain game but I know it's not going to happen because the people at Eidos are more busy trying to convince us that this time Tomb Raider will be cool and awesome..."Trust Us."

I liked the last Ratchet & Clank game as much as I have ever liked one of those games, I just feel like the franchise has nowhere left to really go. As for Legacy of Kain there was mention on Twitter some time ago that SquareEnix had registered a domain called "War for Nosgoth", but who knows if or how that will ever materialize.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By mellotronrules

@pr1mus said:

Oh i thought we were talking just Sony IPs.

In that case Parasite Eve! As long as they don't turn it into a boring cover based shooter.

oh man- parasite eve was awesome! i'd love to see another good one of those.

also parappa. but i have no faith in their ability to pull it off.

edit: another FF tactics!

edit 2: while we're at it, how about a FF game that hangs in the same crowd as 7, 8, and 9! i don't even know if that's possible, but i'd love to have another confident and competent FF.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By hippie_genocide

@Huey2k2 Where's Andrew Vestal when I need him.

@JackSukeru I actually didn't like the first Maximo but Army of Zin was rad.

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By BlatantNinja23

@dxbecks said:

Crash fucking Bandicoot. Make it happen Sony/Naughty Dog! Activision

Fixed that for you

no worries, they're already making a new skylanders game.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Crash is going to be a PS4 exclusive skylander.

@herbiebug said:

Panzer Dragoon! I'm very sad nobody seems to want to make rail shooters anymore. :(

Project Draco/Crimson Dragon is supposed to be it's spiritual successor, but who knows what's actually going on with that game. Wouldn't be shocked if it got pushed to the next xbox because they want to use the newer kinect instead.

Anyways.... Dino Crisis

parkinson4566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Timesplitters!

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@hippie_genocide: yYou'll hear no complaints from me. I know the first Maximo was clunky and difficult in such a oldschool way that you'd have to be kind of crazy to get into it. I still really like it, because some design changes, such as losing a lot of upgrades when you died and having to manage limited shield durability, sets the first game apart enough for me to appreciate them both for different reasons.

I do think Maximo 2 is the superior game of the two, but find Maximo 1 very charming.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ape Escape!

rentacop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More 2d platformers. There are plenty to choose from and almost all of them I enjoy.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

War Of The Monsters

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rentacop said:

More 2d platformers. There are plenty to choose from and almost all of them I enjoy.

This! More innovative 2D game play, fewer action movie crossovers. I feel like in the industry's attempts to garner itself some artistic street cred, it's forgetting its roots and leaving a lot of the fun behind.

I would love to see an even more batshit insane Bangai-O. Imagine how many missiles and explosions 8 cores and 8 gigs of ram could handle!

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jacksukeru: That was really interesting about the proposed Maximo III game. In some sense, I guess something like Darksiders is a the spiritual successor to a Maximo game, but I find it lacks the "fun". I don't mean Darksiders isn't fun to play, I just mean it follows a darker, grittier road than Maximo. I believe there is still room for whimsy in gaming, and a Maximo adventure could steal a few cues from the wayward Fable franchise for Sony.

On a side note, hell yeah, Dark Cloud III.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

@dxbecks said:

Crash fucking Bandicoot. Make it happen Sony/Naughty Dog! Activision

Fixed that for you

no worries, they're already making a new skylanders game.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Crash is going to be a PS4 exclusive skylander.

@herbiebug said:

Panzer Dragoon! I'm very sad nobody seems to want to make rail shooters anymore. :(

Project Draco/Crimson Dragon is supposed to be it's spiritual successor, but who knows what's actually going on with that game. Wouldn't be shocked if it got pushed to the next xbox because they want to use the newer kinect instead.

Anyways.... Dino Crisis

Stop breaking my heart.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

No Caption Provided

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Breath of Fire. We need solid examples of modern Jrpgs and most of the good ones from the last several years have come with major caveats. Not that I have any faith in Capcom to solve any of those problems, but I'd like more companies to take the chance, increasing the genre's opportunities for a breakthrough. Plus I'd love it. You can turn into a DRAGON in those games you guys!