• 157 results
#1 Edited by Splodge (2754 posts) -

Gamespot will be streaming the game awards tonight here : http://www.gamespot.com/articles/watch-the-game-awards-las-vegas-live-show-here/1100-6423962/

So, how many of yall actually going to watch it? I probably will out of sheer curiosity. And there is always the off chance that Fallout 4 will get announced....

The big question though... Will we see a last minute upset in the trending gamer category?

#2 Edited by Nightriff (7193 posts) -

You should post it as a link :)

I will watch it if I can but who knows. I work nights so I sleep during the day and by the time I wake up I forget about a lot of things like watching Game Award shows. I would like to see it but it isn't a priority.

#3 Posted by hammondoftexas (1239 posts) -

I am going to watch it solely for a potential Fallout 4 announcement

#4 Edited by Corevi (6796 posts) -

I'll watch it but I won't be happy about it.

#5 Edited by Nightriff (7193 posts) -

@hammondoftexas: Now is there even a rumor of that or is the internet just getting its hopes up...again?

#6 Posted by Corevi (6796 posts) -
#7 Posted by Splodge (2754 posts) -

@Nightriff unfortunately cant do links on the tablet. Its just a text box and a button :(

#8 Edited by hammondoftexas (1239 posts) -

@nightriff said:

@hammondoftexas: Now is there even a rumor of that or is the internet just getting its hopes up...again?

There are several reasons why people are getting their hopes up for a Fallout 4 announcement.

1. Bethesda announced Skyrim at the 2010 Spike VGAs, which was hosted by Geoff Keighley.

2. The Games Awards, which is essentially the new version of the VGAs, is confirmed to have Bethesda there is one form or another.

3. Bethesda is working on something and has yet to announce it, so it's a prime opportunity to do so.

#9 Posted by Nightriff (7193 posts) -
#10 Posted by paulmako (1958 posts) -

It would mean staying awake until 02:00 in the morning just for it to start. I am kind of interested to see what it is, to see how streaming works on Steam, to see how insane the nominations are.

Were any fans actually asking for an awards show?

The idea that Fallout 4 may get a trailer will probably have me watching the whole thing and then regretting it.

#11 Edited by forteexe21 (2024 posts) -

Itll be at 5am here so ill try to. Hopefully GB chat will be up.

#12 Posted by BeyondStrange (241 posts) -

Yeah, sadly, Betheseda already announced they wont be showing anything. Microsoft announced that too,I think.

As much as some huge announcements be great, I think Jeff is right. Those big announcements happened because it was on tv. I mean, look at last year. It was associated with Spike TV, but was just streamed, so the biggest announcements were (No Man's Sky (while super cool, not the same thing as announcing Skyrim), a few Tell Tale games, and that.... Cranky King was a playable dude.

#13 Posted by Ford_Dent (880 posts) -

Deep down in my heart I want to believe Bethesda was just lying and will still announce Fallout 4, but I know I'm a fool. I'll just check the news tomorrow morning and see what, if anything, happened.

#14 Posted by Redbullet685 (6480 posts) -

@beyondstrange: If they come out and say they aren't announcing anything then it'll make it an even bigger surprise when they actually do show up with Fallout 4.

#15 Edited by Tits_Matador (605 posts) -

Has Giant Bomb said if they're going to one of their talking over it things? Because that is the only reason I would be interested.

#16 Posted by Splodge (2754 posts) -

Has Giant Bomb said if they're going to one of their talking over it things? Because that is the only reason I would be interested.

Well it would have to be on after UPF, so I don't know if they are gonna hang around the office on a friday evening to watch it.

#17 Posted by BabyChooChoo (7091 posts) -

Meh, I might watch it just to see what gets revealed. I couldn't give a fuck about the actual awards.

#18 Posted by ZolRoyce (1589 posts) -

Does anybody know when it starts like, hours wise from this post? All Gamespot says is 6 PST, and I do not know that at all, 10 hours, 11 hours maybe?

#19 Posted by L1GHTN1N (1995 posts) -

I've watched this train wreck for the past 3 years, why stop now?

#20 Edited by kewlsnake (197 posts) -

I'm kindof excited about it. I'm more interested in the organisation of it than the actual content. Will there be hiphop?!

Unfortunately it takes place around 3 am in Europe.

#21 Posted by Corevi (6796 posts) -
@zolroyce said:

Does anybody know when it starts like, hours wise from this post? All Gamespot says is 6 PST, and I do not know that at all, 10 hours, 11 hours maybe?

10 hours and 50 minutes from when you posted that.

#22 Posted by Splodge (2754 posts) -

@zolroyce said:

12 hours and 42 mins!

#23 Posted by Corevi (6796 posts) -
@splodge said:

@zolroyce said:

12 hours and 42 mins!

6 PST is 9 EST, not 11.

#24 Posted by afabs515 (2005 posts) -

I'm going to be making fake twitter/facebook accounts all day and stuffing the ballot box. You can't beat 100% (unless it's a GB poll)

#25 Posted by ZolRoyce (1589 posts) -

@corevi: @splodge: Awesome, thanks duders, sounds like I'll be able to catch it no matter which one of you is right haha.

#26 Posted by SomberOwl (925 posts) -

@l1ghtn1n said:

I've watched this train wreck for the past 3 years, why stop now?

Same here. But they have re-branded this thing and seem like they want to do right. Maybe it wont be a complete cringe fest this year?.

#27 Edited by L1GHTN1N (1995 posts) -

@somberowl: I'm pretty sure last year they did and said the same thing. I like Keighley and keep hoping it's at least bearable but I'm not delusional about it.

#28 Posted by Splodge (2754 posts) -

@corevi said:
@splodge said:

@zolroyce said:

12 hours and 42 mins!

6 PST is 9 EST, not 11.

Heh sorry I mean GMT dunno why I even got involved.

#29 Posted by whitegreyblack (1950 posts) -

Nah. I will, however, await the super-cut of the best/worst of it.

#30 Posted by ZolRoyce (1589 posts) -

Here is the link to where the Steam feed will be/a mini sale for it. Steam.

#31 Posted by hassun (9924 posts) -
Loading Video...

#32 Posted by Monkeyman04 (2792 posts) -

Don't think I'll watch this. Gotta watch the PAC-12 championship game that starts at the same time.

#33 Posted by Splodge (2754 posts) -

@hassun: Heh jeff got the rollercoaster nod I see.

#34 Edited by thatdutchguy (1301 posts) -

@hassun: That's awesome ! Keighley is a cool dude.

#35 Posted by mosespippy (4751 posts) -

@splodge said:

@corevi said:
@splodge said:

@zolroyce said:

12 hours and 42 mins!

6 PST is 9 EST, not 11.

Heh sorry I mean GMT dunno why I even got involved.

For future reference, you can now just type (time) (time zone) to (other time zone) into google and it'll provide the conversion for you. Example: I'd type 6 PST to NST in and get 10:30 Newfoundland Standard Time.

#36 Posted by TheHT (15814 posts) -
#37 Posted by ZolRoyce (1589 posts) -

@mosespippy: Oh wow I just did that, it completely works, thanks for that. Man, Google is just packed full of neat little things it can do.

#38 Posted by FLStyle (6606 posts) -
Loading Video...

#39 Edited by Splodge (2754 posts) -
#40 Posted by TruthTellah (9821 posts) -

I'm going to watch it, and I can only hope it is as much of a trainwreck as it feels like it may be.

#41 Posted by KirillOrlov (346 posts) -

Watching it with my wife tonight and making a drinking game out of it. I figure it's the only sane way to watch it.

#42 Posted by whitegreyblack (1950 posts) -

@theht: The 90's "fake silver" font treatment is quite.... fetching, isn't it?

#43 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (5578 posts) -

If it's anything like last years show I'm pretty sure the awards given out probably won't be much of a surprise, every trailer announced I can eventually watch on one of the major video gaming sites or youtube, and every awkward conversation / outtake will be cut into a 15-20 minute super cut video.

Short answer: nah, there's still some shit in the Hinterlands that need to be taken care of.

No Caption Provided

#44 Posted by kubqo (485 posts) -

If i undestand it correctly, it will start in less that 4 hours? 3 am CET? i might stay up if thats the case, or i might not because i will only get angry about the winners.

#45 Posted by Wolfgame (1168 posts) -

Watching it with my wife tonight and making a drinking game out of it. I figure it's the only sane way to watch it.

!!! come back safe.

#46 Posted by KirillOrlov (346 posts) -
#47 Posted by FrostyRyan (2909 posts) -

Hey guys, the website says I can stream this through PSN but how? I'm downloaded the Live Events Viewer app on my PS4. Is that it?

#48 Posted by mosespippy (4751 posts) -

@frostyryan: Yes, I believe that's it. It's more likely to be that than Playstation Home.

#49 Posted by Trenox (78 posts) -

Man just announce Fallout 4 already. Its by far the my most anticipated game at this point. Even more so than HL3 (which will most likely never happen).

#50 Edited by pickassoreborn (764 posts) -
No Caption Provided

One ugly logo.