Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I kept notes when I was actively reviewing games, but I haven't done that since about 2012. Kind of wish I did, as I tend to remember things better if I've written them down but /shrug/.

Xdeser2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Xdeser2

I've been doing a rp heavy playthrough of skyrim and using the Take Notes Mod and its honestly been really cool so far. Alongside other stuff that makes you need to eat/sleep, disabling fast travel, and frostfall/campfire to make weather matter, its been making me slow down and reflect on what I've done through my characters eyes and its been a really rewarding way to play (though I'm still mostly starting out in it)

JamesBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keeping a journal helps with my comprehension and memory. I do it with pretty much everything - including day-to-day life. I've been logging my game time for the past ~10 years, but only started reviewing stuff in late 2018. I don't review every game: if I'm replaying something or if it has little-to-no mechanical depth, then I won't bother.

Everybody should do it; it's a good discipline that curbs autopiloting.

spncrbghmn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jamesbomb: goodness it totally does curb autopiloting which like, sometimes is exactly what you need but as an undergrad student getting into game dev, journaling super helps me articulate my takes on things in a way where i can take away points to integrate in my own work

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

You know, I should probably do this now that I'm flipping between five different launchers. It used to be easier to see what I was doing when it was all Steam!

BMO_Philips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spncrbghmn: This is a cool and good idea. I'm going to give it a whirl, thanks for sharing!

spncrbghmn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: oh i totally imagine!! i remember hearing ben hanson talk about it on an episode of the game informer show forever ago and thought, hey! i should do this

spncrbghmn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By spncrbghmn
mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xdeser2: that is a great idea for a mod, thanks for posting it!