Game Sequels Only you would want

• 168 results
bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@humanity: Dark Sector was actually one of the first 360 games I ever played. It came out when I got the console and I had never played Gears. It wasn't terrible but it didn't hold my attention; and I was wowed by HD graphics at that point. It had a lot of good ideas with the Glaive but it was just sort of clunky and the shooting lacked impact.

Remember Me just has some fundamental problems. You say you're supposed to play it like a music game but...you can't. The problem is that that game wants you to input long combos but it also throws a lot of enemies at you and you constantly need to be dodging so you never have time to finish your combos. You can get off 3-4 hits so if you build the first part of the combo to replenish health or reduce cooldowns then you can get by any encounter by doing the same 3-4 hit combos focused on either of those things (throw a damage one in if you want but the abilities are so overpowered that the cooldown combos are just flat out more effective.) It's a system that seems deep but is actually shallow and boring.

The game has fantastic art and a great world so it's not a bad experience overall, but the actual act of playing it is mediocre.

I wasn't saying that a remaster would be good for either game, I'm saying full on remake where they fix the gameplay issues. I guess a sequel with...different gameplay could work too. But I would love a modern Remember Me with a full open city Neo Paris to explore and more side quests and characters etc... Like Watch_Dogs but interesting.

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 12

@shadypingu: the second one never even made it to Europe and I'm mad, because it is one of my favorite games of all time

Avatar image for white_silhouette
White_Silhouette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I doubt I'm the only one but Trenched/Iron Brigade.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By hatking

Thought of another, Ninja Theory's DMC Devil May Cry 2. The indisputable best Devil May Cry game spent its entire marketing cycle being shat on by disgruntled fanatics who assigned a disproportionate value to white hair. The game had a great critical reception, but that got drowned out by weirdos. Ultimately Ninja Theory went on to do Hellblade, so I can't complain too much, but I would've liked to see more of their neon-gothic level design, and absolutely fuck off incredible boss fights.

RPJeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the Studio that brought you Civilization and XCOM

Comes a new vision of espionage simulation

Sid Meier's Covert Action 2

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Footballer of the Year 4. Complete with all the weird gambling / board game aspects.

ThatPainting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want to see a continuation of the Ogre Battle games (Not Tactics Ogre, though I would take that too). They had such a cool blend of RTS and Tactical RPG elements that I haven't really seen anywhere else.

Oh, and a remake of Faxanadu, that game rips.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Senran Kagura 7even, apparently.

@hatking said:

Thought of another, Ninja Theory's DMC Devil May Cry 2. The indisputable best Devil May Cry game spent its entire marketing cycle being shat on by disgruntled fanatics who assigned a disproportionate value to white hair. The game had a great critical reception, but that got drowned out by weirdos.

Yeah, because nothing incendiary has been said of posted from the developers, especially not Tameem Antoniades, thus the ire was totally unwarranted.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Capcom and Ninja Theory totally read the room.

Avatar image for lapsariangiraff
lapsariangiraff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#59  Edited By lapsariangiraff

@facelessvixen: I mean, I can see how fans of the original Dante would disagree with this powerpoint, but this is a pretty boilerplate pitchdeck/style guide they have in this presentation. They're not saying "man, FUCK OG Dante!" they're saying that the Dante in their adaptation follows these references.

I don't agree with it either, but nothing here is outright angering, if that makes sense. "Incendiary" is a bit far.

EDIT: I'm reminded a bit of a GDC talk I saw about Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, doing an overview of the game's style. Now I think the aesthetic of Mirror's Edge's world is great, so I gave it a listen... only to hear an hour about the character designs, easily the weakest aspect of the look. The dev brought up words like "cool," "attitude," "stylish," right next to concept art of some of the most generic faux-edgy future teens from the game. It was eye-rolling, for sure, and those are the same vibes I get from that DmC presentation, ha.

No Caption Provided

Squadaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to see another Gravity Rush but given yesterday's news about Japan Studio, that's pretty well guaranteed not to happen.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mach Rider. I have a dream that Nintendo would hire Platinum to bring this series back. It would basically be Vanquish on a motor cycle.

Heavy Metal: Geomatrix. A sort of followup to the Capcom Spawn game, this game was less ambitious but in a way that made it better. Kind of an arena brawler/shooter with over-the-top weapons and characters. Sits right next to Power Stone as one of my favorite Dreamcast games.

Wet. The love child of Max Payne, Prince of Persia, and Kill Bill in the middle of it's rebellious, teenage punk phase. A bit more janky than the games it draws influence from, but still a lot of fun. Would love a sequel that polished things up and ditched the QTE boss battles.

Jambo Safari. Basically Crazy Taxi, but you chase down African wildlife in your jeep and hog tie them.

Brutal Legend. I actually enjoyed the RTS parts of this game, but it seems no one else did.

F-Zero. I must be the only person who wants to see a new entry. It's the only logical explanation why Nintendo has gone so long without making a new one. Yep, that must be it.

sandm0rph22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ReCore 2 by another studio

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

mclargepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#65  Edited By mclargepants

@discoriver: Gladius is the answer. I don't know who could do it justice, but I NEED it.

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#66  Edited By redwing42

Jambo Safari is a great arcade machine. They had it at the local Chuck E Cheese, and I would play it whenever my daughter was there for a party. "Yeah, have fun in the ball pit, I'm going to lasso this wildebeast."

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#67  Edited By Mezmero

Since Capcom has been in the habit of resuscitating their IPs I'd echo the mentions of Power Stone and Breath of Fire. But then it's no longer sequels that only I want.

I'll say again Prototype should get another chance. Just give it some production polish, some design tweaks, and drop the dour tone of the narrative and you could have something really cool.

Nuclear Throne is a game that was so close to having it all if it wasn't for Vlambeer's inability to provide quality assurance. In the hands of a studio with more talent and better follow-through a sequel could potentially be one of the best things ever.

With that Vampire the Masquerade game possibly in the can maybe Vampyr could be brought back in some way. Obviously Don't Nod are better known for a more bespoke approach to action games but they had so many interesting ideas in this game it would be a shame to abandon it entirely.

Alias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Naughty Bear

SigFigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Order 1886

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

A Hat in Time.

tfarcevol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadow of Rome

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Half-Life Episodes on the original Xbox, please. SQUEEZE IT ON THERE.

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I don't know, Pandora's Box 2? I don't think that would be a good idea or anything but I would probably buy it.

Lerner2Lerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Death Stranding 2

MisterFrodo17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quantum Break 2. Alan Wake and Control are better games, so I'm not upset at Remedy for pursuing those games instead, and in fact I'm excited for that; Control was amazing. But something about Quantum Break's story really clicked with me, and I'd love to see what they would do with it going forward. (I still think it has a fantastic ending that will sadly never lead to a sequel.)

Ryan3370

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a lords of the realm 4. 2 was one of my favorite games of all time and 3 was hot garbage.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I would looooooove a new Tokyo Mirage Sessions; best combat in the entire SMT franchise, as far as I'm concerned. Give that team a way bigger budget and see what happens, I say. Also, doesn't necessarily need to be connected to Fire Emblem. Any other property would do, really.

I would also be partial to another Sly Cooper game; that fourth one was surprisingly good.

SaucySala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I saw someone else mention Gladius! Loved that game back then!

I'd also love to see a new Vanguard Bandits, Suikoden, Monster Rancher, and Jade Cocoon. That would hit so much nostalgia for me!

HoboZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ctrl+F "tron"

0 found.

Giantbomb, I am dissapoint.

plinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Space Station Silicon Valley is a platforming game where you play as a walking microchip that has the ability to take control of the various robot animals around the space station and use their abilities to solve puzzles or to platform around. I've seen people nowadays describe it as Mario Odyssey's hat ability before it existed and I guess it's pretty similar! The fun part is that they aren't regular animals so they have weird abilities or are just weird overall, like a sheep with a spring instead of legs that bounced really high, or mice with turbo motors and wheels to fly off ramps around the levels. It's a really weird game overall but I loved it as a kid and I never really see anyone talk about it. It was also created by Rockstar North before they were actually picked up by Rockstar when they were called DMA Design. The platforming is weird at times and it was kinda janky overall but it was really cool to play a game with so many different animals you could be. It had a neat art style too, which was a mashup of zoo-like habitats and technology, so you'd have big cliffs made of metal, or wires and plugs starting to show up underneath the patches of grass that the animals fed on.

I don't think anyone is asking for another one of these, but it would be really cool to see cartoony robot animals with weird abilities living in a bunch of half tech, half nature environments with modern graphics. I would actually love to see it stylized like the box art and not made realistic or gritty as well. I like the way old CGI looks and it would be neat to see a modern game with that style. Anyways, that's my little write-up about this weird old N64 game! I would recommend giving it a shot if you can. It's really bizarre and creative and I don't know if anything like it would get made nowadays.

Giant Bomb played it a while back which I wasn't aware of until now! Old Games: Super Nintendo 64 Super Stream! starting at around 49:35.

Sapphira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Binary Domain 2

No Caption Provided

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#83  Edited By beard_of_zeus

Mr. Mosquito 2 aka Ms. Mosquito aka "this is what the first game should have been called because I found out the mosquitos that drink blood are 99% female!" Anyways, I still play through this game like once a year. I think I just want more weird video games.

Lost Kingdoms.

Two games from From Software before the Dark Souls era. All about deck building but using it to battle and fight monsters yourself. Some cards summon monsters, some are weapons, some sit and buff or heal.

Great Gamecube game and something I wish they'd at least port to PC.

Love those games. I feel like there has been a deckbuilding/card game renaissance lately, time to bring this franchise back FromSoft! Especially since most of those games are not in the context of third-person real-time action where you are just tossing out cards and making monsters pop out.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#84  Edited By gtxforza
  • Forza Horizon 5
  • Project Gotham Racing 5
  • MotorStorm 4
  • Midtown Madness 4
  • F-Zero GX 2
  • V-Rally 5
Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#85  Edited By Marino  Staff

Tsumu 2

Who wouldn't want more puzzle games that feature a hamster driving a forklift?

HalfSunkBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@taylorwmartin: I'm 100% with you. I feel like LoD gets overlooked most of the time with PS1 era JRPGs are being talking about, but it was instrumental in getting me back into JRPGs after losing interest in the genre for a while.

I would also say Radiata Stories. It wasn't the most complicated or original of games, but it did a few interesting things with party building and a branching story that at least I hadn't seen a ton of up until that point. I want to say at one point there was a sequel being worked on, but I very well may have made that up.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a Suikoden sequel in the graphic style of the first two (but yes I'm hoping the spiritual successor from the folks that used to work on Suikoden turns out well). I want a sequel to Alan Wake but without combat and just a surreal adventure of an author set to some awesome tunes by Old Gods of Asgard. A modern take and sequel to the Blade Runner point and click adventure game. And a sequel to an old Danish PC game called Blackout.

@csl316:I don't think one could recreate Twisted Metal these days. The magic of those early games were 90s edgy industrial metal-esque 'darkness'. They would either need to make it actually sinister and bordering on serious or it would be campy as all hell and cartoony. I don't have faith in people these days trying to recreate something in today's sensibilities and not completely butcher it.

@facelessvixen: Am I reading that last picture wrong or do they think that Dante is actually fitting in with the Fight Club picture? And not, like, looking very much like all those previous "is not" pictures? Because if that's the case that is utterly hilarious.

dasakamov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A new Bloody Roar game, because those were silly as all get-out, but come on. Boxing-wolf versus wrestling-beetle (and a bajillion other were-beasts)? Hell yes!

NotSoSneakyGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steel Battalion

Imagine a sequel to the Steel Battalion controller. You're going to need 2 drift compatible people to even play the game.

sonatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Custom Robo for the Gamecube. A sequel could lean more into the JRPG framework so that it actually affects the gameplay/systems.

Dappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chain of Command by 2am games. This game was fucking fantastic and ahead of its time, no one has ever really done anything like it since.

or

Motor City Online. It only lasted like a few months but it had a really cool parts and mods system that no one else has been able to do as well

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

MAG 2.

I absolutely loved that first game. I had never really played any of the Battlefields prior to it, so the 256 player count was awesome. The objectives were a blast to follow and play. Even after playing most of the Battlefields since, they haven't recaptured the fun I had with MAG.

computerheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By computerheat

Alpha Centauri. Jagged Alliance 2. Starsiege: Tribes. All of these games got sequels or pseudo-sequels, but... :/

The latter Civ games are good - especially 4 - but I miss how authored AC was. Someone here can probably point out a good 4X that took heavy inspiration from AC (and I would be very happy to read your recommendation!)

The JA2 spinoffs and remakes have been such trash that I'm afraid that the well has been poisoned and the earth salted.

Same for Tribes. None of the new ideas in Tribes 2 were good. The feel was worse and the maps were bad. Then the free-to-play version was even worse. I think this train has sailed, sadly.

House of the Dying Sun. A nice one-hitter to give me my Wing Commander fix. The dev said he won't make a sequel, but maybe someone else will take inspiration.

computerheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By computerheat

Oh. And Allegiance. I am definitely the only person in the world that wants another Allegiance. The world was not ready for an online-only team-based competitive RTS/space dogfighting action game in 2000, but Allegiance was so forward-thinking that the heat death of the universe will be old news by the time its genius is recognized.

theonewhoplays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By theonewhoplays

@squadaloo: I would settle for a GR2 with more things to actually do. The cities felt so wasted in that one.

Oh and I'd like a sequel to Heavenly Sword. Just make sure to shoe-horn in Serkis even if it wouldn't make sense. Or at least re-release it with a better frame rate.

jamesyfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a remake or sequel to Heart of Darkness.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Fox Adventures. I don't particularly like Star Fox games, but I'd play another passable zelda knockoff with cute dinosaurs and Fox McCloud.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cerberus3dog: If Star Fox Adventures morphed into something more like Ratchet and Clank with the option to play as the other team members, that would be pretty sweet.

Cloudleet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Oh man, I've been discussing this with my friends alot!

Tonic Trouble 2. The first was was so charming and delightful for a 12 year old me and I would love to see another one.

Black & White 3. Now, B&W2 was not great, but it was still enjoyable enough that it hurt thinking we were never going to get another one. I'm still holding out hope though.

The Movies 2. Yeah, Lionhead heavy list so far, but man, imagine all the new genres they could add!

Sheep, dog & wolf 2. There was a huge Looney Tunes video-game push in the early 00s, and Sheep, Dog & Wolf was in my opinion the best one. Setting up ACMEtraps, trying to sneak around that damn dog. Also, they should add a Road-Runner versusmode!

Giatroo Man 2. Did you ever play this? It was so good! They remade the first one for PSP with a new song, but it just didn't do it. Get on it right now, please!

Birtrum_Yonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kane & Lynch 3

It's a vr battle royale roguelike immersive dating sim