Game Store Employees

NewBornThreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NewBornThreat

Well I figure I am not the only one on the site who works at a game store. I live in Canada and have been working at EB Games for over a year now and have lots of crap to let off my chest. If there are any others here, come out and vent or just speak your mind. Best Buy folk are welcome and others along those lines, but if you rep the Wal-Mart.......STAY AWAY! 

Also. I have hosted and edited podcasts on other sites, which I care much less about now than this site (followed the founding fathers from their past!) and am wondering if there are any other game store employees out there that want to start up a community show where we can share our "inside knowledge" with the "normies" of Giant Bomb. Feel free to send friend requests if intrigued.

If you people want to hate, trust me, in most cases I'm right there with you! Although a good debate is always appreciated...as long as it is civil.

VIVA LA BOMBALUTION!

*NewBornThreat said:
"I am saying, if you work at a game store, or a store which has a large gaming section, come out and talk about it over here. Or! If you have pet peeves/issues/good things to say about any particular store and want to chat up with an employee/forum goers........do that here too!"
Foil_Charizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Foil_Charizard

I would love to work at a GameStop but nobody around me is hiring =(

Avatar image for deactivated-5e12c8fcf3f2c
deactivated-5e12c8fcf3f2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so what are you trying to say exactly?

cann3dheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By cann3dheat

I work at Gamestop and it's all pretty ridiculous. People complain about us pushing pre-orders and all that, but what they have to realize is that's retail. Get used to it.

NewBornThreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NewBornThreat

I am saying, if you work at a game store, or a store which has a large gaming section, come out and talk about it over here. Or! If you have pet peeves/issues/good things to say about any particular store and want to chat up with an employee/forum goers........do that here too!

AndrewGPM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By AndrewGPM

All the game store employees are pretty cool around my parts. They always ask for me to buy extra stuff but the are forced to do that so I don't hold it against them. "I don't want scratch protection!" lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xeros606 said:
"so what are you trying to say exactly?
"

Seriously?
NewBornThreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NewBornThreat

I will go ahead and paste my extra blurb for those of you too lazy to scroll down a bit and read.

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By VACkillers

man talk about my dream job lol...

TreyoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By TreyoftheDead

I actually just applied at the local Gamestop.

Sadly, when I went in to follow-up on my application today the manager told me he wants to hire someone else, but they aren't giving him  enough hours. Dx