Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#101  Edited By Ben_H
@Marino said:

Mafia on PS2

The console port of that game was such a mess. It's such a shame too because the PC version was a masterpiece.
PokeIkzai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By PokeIkzai

I'd imagine its some PSP game running off the UMD.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#103  Edited By tourgen

the City of Heroes game client, sometime around early next year.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#104  Edited By rjayb89

The downloadable version of Mass Effect 2 on the PS3. Holy fuck, those load times are fucking terrible. Especially after playing the 360 and PC versions.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By Jrinswand

League of Legends.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By RE_Player1

Duke Nukem Forever on PS3.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#107  Edited By GunstarRed

I remember Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness taking an insane amount of time to load between levels and deaths. I know you said consoles only, but Fate of Atlantis and Beneath A Steel Sky on the Amiga took about a week and a half to load up.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#108  Edited By Vextroid

Uncharted 2 felt like it had seem egregious load times. Dunno why they didn't make you install it to the hard drive like other PS3 games.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Spoonman671

No mention of Modnation Racers?  I used to exercise during loads, and I ended up getting into pretty good shape.

NeoZeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#110  Edited By NeoZeon

Honestly I think Darksiders 2 can be absurd with how it loads. Rather than streaming it as you play, like some games try to do, it will just load as you come to/open a door. It isn't necessarily long, but damn is it jarring.

Happens when you're riding your horse sometimes too. Craziness.

skittles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#111  Edited By skittles

My most recent experience with poor loading times came from playing Spec Ops : The Line on PS3, which was a damn shame. That game is frustrating enough without having to wait forever for it to reload if you happen to die. It's also a shame because it discourages you from doing ridiculous charges at the enemy that have a 1% chance of succeeding - which is how I play most shooters, most of the time.

Morrowind on the original Xbox was woeful too.

It's a bit of a shame Mark of the Ninja is a bit slow to load as well, but that's a fantastic game, and it only has to load the level once, so it's ok.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#112  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

They might not be the longest, but the first thing that jumps to mind when I think of annoying load times is Batman Forever on the SNES. It's the only game to my knowledge on the SNES with load times. Truly an awful game top to bottom, and the load times only serve to extend the time you waste playing it. Skip to around 2:05 in this video to see a sample load time:

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Zelyre

Anything on the PSP. The load times were jarring when you were used to a Nintendo portable.

I loved playing Zaxxan on my Tandy TR80 as a kid. Cept it loaded off a cassette tape. Between that and the 5.25" drive, I'm not sure which was slower.

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#114  Edited By musclerider

@Catarrhal said:

I've heard about Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) for the XBOX 360; I haven't played it, but I've seen this video, and it's difficult to imagine worse load times than that. The video in question consists of approximately twenty seconds of game play interspersed between a cumulative four minutes of loading time. That's an incredible ratio!

I was going to say this.

PhilipDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By PhilipDuck

I recall Duke Nukem: Forever had some pretty special loading times to go along with its pretty special gameplay...

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#116  Edited By rachelepithet

Skyrim PS3. Has to be the all time worst due to the sheer number of loads. Meaning even if the load is only 40 seconds, in order to fast travel to the thieves guild to cash in a quest for instance, you have a loading time to get outside the church, immediately followed by a load to get inside the underground, then a load to get to the ragged flagon. Double that, when late in the game, your invincible and invisible, but doing basic thieving missions to finish the quest line. There, the actual act "the gameplay" is a mere ten second walk around some assholes house to plant a stolen ruby in their kitchen. Yet going there, and then back to the thieves guild quest giver, thru fast travel, takes like five minutes.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Akeldama

@SPACETURTLE said:

I know you said no PC titles, but STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl and Clear Sky both have TERRIBLE loading times no matter what hardware you got. Even with the latest of PC hardware that loading screen would take you a good ten minutes to load. So I think this qualifies. :P

What are you talking about? Are you trying to run the game on a notebook or something?

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#118  Edited By daiphyer

Skyrim got really bad the more you played it, same with Oblivion.

The Witcher 2: 360 Edition had some really frequent, long loading times.

Far Cry 2 as well. But fuck it, wasn't going to drive around with those stupid enemy respawns every minute.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Sploder

I remember Terminator Salvation had a lot of loading for what was a four hour game.

Jackhole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#120  Edited By Jackhole

@Akeldama said:

@SPACETURTLE said:

I know you said no PC titles, but STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl and Clear Sky both have TERRIBLE loading times no matter what hardware you got. Even with the latest of PC hardware that loading screen would take you a good ten minutes to load. So I think this qualifies. :P

What are you talking about? Are you trying to run the game on a notebook or something?

That comment was made over two years ago.

aleryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#121  Edited By aleryn

Morrowind on the Xbox. I remember load times ranging somewhere between 2-5 minutes. Not the longest ever by a longshot but it killed my interest in the game within a month or two. Picked up the PC version and wondered what the hell happend to the console port.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#122  Edited By musubi

Sonic 2006 obviously.....

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#123  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

Legacy of Kain on PS1 was notoriously bad. 

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#124  Edited By buft

NBA jam on the PS1

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#125  Edited By JasonR86
ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By ProfessorEss

Modnation Racers is the first thing that comes to mind.

Edit: @JasonR86: lol, typed this from the first page before seeing your video.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#127  Edited By viking_funeral

@Flaime said:

The Mass Effect games has some pretty long loading times.

Oh, god. Especially the first one with the elevators. Those stupid rides actually made me feel like I was waiting uncomfortably in an elevator, which made every load seem so much longer than it actually was.

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Ducksworth

If you're looking for SNES games with load times, I believe Street Fighter Alpha 2 has them, although they weren't quite as long as the ones in the video you posted.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#129  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

Skyrim on the PS3 is still pretty bad, even after all the patches, and despite the lack of DLC. Load times in the 30 second to 2 minute range are pretty much the norm, but it's not rare to have the wait be much longer. While it wasn't too bad in-game, MAG on PS3 had the ridiculous startup thing of 4 consecutive loading screens, followed by the login screen with another loading screen, before you could start playing. Most games on PS1 and PS2 had pretty terrible loading times as well, I guess to me the PS2 ports of Half-life and Deus Ex (from PC) do stick out the most, as they had divided the game levels into smaller chunks to fit in the PS2's memory, resulting in at least 3 times as many loading screens as the PC versions, but each was also much slower than on PC. For example, in Deus Ex, the starting area on Liberty Island is divided into 3 maps (separated by loading screens) on PC - outdoors, UNATCO base and Statue of Liberty interior, on PS2 the outdoor area is divided into 4 maps, and the Statue interior is divided in two, and instead of 10-15 seconds of load times (on a 2001 PC, they are near instant nowadays), each load time on PS2 is in the range of 30-60 seconds.

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By fenixrevolution

I remember the Smackdown vs Raw games on the PSP had ridiculously long load times.