Gamepass needs to mimic Apple Arcade with no microXs incl DLC

Avatar image for sometingbanuble
sometingbanuble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

Gamepass almost has the perfect model for delivering games. Since I don’t play games on my phone even the $5 subscription fee for Apple Arcade is too rich for my blood since I’ve never seen a mobile game other than 3s that I’ve ever liked (and I own it. Forever?). Gamepass games are still able to turn on the faucet that milks money from people having a good time. If only Gamepass could turn the corner on this and I could just enjoy all those games to their fullest. They’ve dabled a little with Gears 5 dlc being free. One more step. We unclosed the Vita and Ps3 store. Let’s do the same with what we really need from Gamepass.

Avatar image for ralphmoustaccio
RalphMoustaccio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is a great idea, if you want to either a) pay significantly more for GamePass, or b) have significantly fewer games available on it. Publishers definitely want to maintain the additional revenue streams from those sources, so if it's included, you'll have to pay for it somehow.

aiomon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I mean... It's already an insanely good deal. I think it's totally fine for them to charge for optional DLC. Like Gamepass = buying the game, and you buy the DLC like anyone else who already owns it.

I'd rather it be $15 a month with paid DLC (that I usually never care about) vs like $20 with DLC included.

CrimsonJester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By CrimsonJester

That is like being given an amazing meal for an insanely cheap price and then expecting them to through in dessert as well.

Avatar image for sometingbanuble
sometingbanuble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

serryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's in our interest as consumers to get the most for our money, so I get where you're coming from; however, I'm happy with Gamepass the way it is.

Like others have said, I think Gamepass is already an incredible value--even when largely limited to base content. I put around 10 hours into Monster Hunter: World before bouncing off. Having the Iceborne expansion included in my subscription wouldn't have changed my experience, and I'd have been happy to pay for that content if I had completed the base game for "free".

Even with Microsoft writing very big checks, I don't think we'd see new 3rd-party AAA titles like MLB The Show 21 coming to Gamepass if publishers were expected to give up that revenue.

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I have to join the bandwagon and say Game Pass is still an awesome value even without all DLC being included. It's worth mentioning that Game Pass subscribers get a flat discount (10-15% I think) on all DLC associated with games available on the service.

Kingloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

a) No they shouldn't.

b) It's impossible anyway.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By splodge

I dont know why you created another account senorsuck2suck but regardless of who you are posting as, like... what are you actually asking? Should gamepass give away the games full time for free? Are you asking a question? Or is this a statement, what do you mean by :

"..Gamepass games are still able to turn on the faucet that milks money from people having a good time. If only Gamepass could turn the corner on this and I could just enjoy all those games to their fullest."

Sorry if I am missing the point, I am genuinely confused

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is going on here? Are we getting multiple accounts of the same user, or are there very similar users just cropping up around these parts?

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghost_cat: Its the same guy. Exact same syntax. Exact same semi coherent questions/statements about far fetched ideas(?) that barely make any sense when actually read out loud. And, almost the exact same post length, punctuation, and formatting of the post. Put them side by side and its all the same thing. My guess is he caught got trolling in the last big post, saying he was just in his "local blockbuster" or whatever it was, and just made another account to continue the troll. All this is completely off topic though but I find it hard not to comment on this prolific and consistent incoherence, its almost impressive in a way.

MrGreenMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've bought a handful of game because of Gamepass. A good amount of games on there go for sale often and for real cheap, plus you get a discount as well being a member.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ThePanzini

Apple Arcade is Apple encouraging a different kind of user because a lot of the app store has been a race to the bottom, MS and traditional gaming doesn't really have this problem.

I also feel a lot of folks have a poor understanding of what people are actually playing on Game Pass.

Top 10 most played games on GP.

GTAV, Minecraft, MLB, FH4, NBA 2K21, TC Siege, Sea of Theives, FIFA 20, Madden 21 and Outriders.

The reason GP is a big as it is has been due to titles with mtx because they are really popular, if not for mtx these games might not be in the service at all.

swthompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I must be alone in thinking $15 a month is WAAAAAY too much for Game Pass, a service where you don't get to keep the games and where most of the library is old or...undesirable.

Like, I enjoy the service (thanks to the discounts), but it's totally not worth that much to me. So someone coming up with an alternative way to make it actually worth the cost isn't ridiculous.

Bleichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@swthompson: €15 is too much for a library of 600+ games, some of them brand new like outriders and a bunch of modern critically acclaimed games as well as classics?