Gamers

MsMalloryKnoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By MsMalloryKnoxx

I'm admittedly not a veteran gamer. I only play RE and SH games pretty much and stick to the PS3/2 for the most part. This is also the first gaming community I've ever joined and until RE:ORC I'd never tried online co-op.

Regardless of my lack of knowledge of games overall I love RE and SH. LOVE them and I'm really confused by some of the people I've encountered so far who are suppose to be fans of these games. Lots of them just seem to b***h if the newer games aren't perfect. Why so negative people?

I personally really enjoyed SH:D and I am still enjoying RE:ORC. The hell with over analyzing them to death...I'm just going to continue to enjoy my purchases and hope that more of the other fans will join me.

MsMalloryKnoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By MsMalloryKnoxx

I'm admittedly not a veteran gamer. I only play RE and SH games pretty much and stick to the PS3/2 for the most part. This is also the first gaming community I've ever joined and until RE:ORC I'd never tried online co-op.

Regardless of my lack of knowledge of games overall I love RE and SH. LOVE them and I'm really confused by some of the people I've encountered so far who are suppose to be fans of these games. Lots of them just seem to b***h if the newer games aren't perfect. Why so negative people?

I personally really enjoyed SH:D and I am still enjoying RE:ORC. The hell with over analyzing them to death...I'm just going to continue to enjoy my purchases and hope that more of the other fans will join me.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Still_I_Cry

Don't know, I was never really a fan of RE so I can bitch about RE5 :D

You can say bitch, by the way.

And fuck and shit, and motherfucker.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Jams

What does SH stand for?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

If you're referring to the negativity towards ORC, well... it's not because it's not ''perfect'', it's because it's not even good. It's complete and utter garbage for the most part. As for Downpour, that's actually been getting a lot of good buzz I've noticed. This added delay for the UK release has been brutal. =/

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When you exclusively stick to a couple of franchises, I guess it's easier to ignore a game's faults. Or maybe not even notice them? You should broaden your gaming horizons. Maybe try Dead Space.

destruktive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By destruktive

i would recommend expanding your gaming spectrum a little. You probably have much to catch up to, both newer and older then the PS2 era that'll cater to your interests

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Justin258

Welcome to the hardcore gaming crowd, where even the goddamn name is criticized to hell and back!

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Vorbis

I think a lot of RE fans pine for the days of Survival Horror and hate the direction the series has taken. Hence all the hate.

But they should get over it because it's not coming back.

MsMalloryKnoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MsMalloryKnoxx

@Still_I_Cry: @Still_I_Cry said:

Carry on your bitchin' then : - P

MsMalloryKnoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MsMalloryKnoxx

@Jaytow said:

Resident Evil 5 was a good game but not what I wanted from the series.

@Jams: Silent hill... I assume.

I agree completely about RE5, and yep SH stands for Silent Hill.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@MsMalloryKnoxx said:

@Still_I_Cry: @Still_I_Cry said:

Carry on your bitchin' then : - P

It was racist because many people in Africa are in fact -white- not black.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Lunar_Aura

@believer258 said:

Welcome to the hardcore gaming crowd, where even the goddamn name is criticized to hell and back!

Now there's a revelaiton.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Lunar_Aura said:

@believer258 said:

Now there's a revelaiton.

Nice.

duggshammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By duggshammer

Everyone's a critic. And, when you're talking to a gaming community, that's what you're going to get. Just like if you went to a film forum... you'd see a ton of criticism, even of good movies.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By iam3green

resident evil is alright. i assuming your talking about the newer ones when speaking in general. i liked 4 a lot better than 5. it had a creepiness to it than 5. they are changing the games around to be more action packed. since they want more money from a bigger audience.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By 71Ranchero

We used to buy video games based only on box art and we had a blast with all of them even if they were terrible. Just sayin.

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PixelPrinny

@Atramentous said:

We used to buy video games based only on box art and we had a blast with all of them even if they were terrible. Just sayin.

Because regardless of whether or not we liked them our parents wouldn't buy us another for 6 months anyways.

Disposable income changes peoples tastes and tolerances :P

What was this topic about again? Why'd I come in here? ... I forgot... Oh well.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By 71Ranchero

@PixelPrinny said:

@Atramentous said:

Because regardless of whether or not we liked them our parents wouldn't buy us another for 6 months anyways.

Valid point. I guess not everyone of here has been buying there own games since the 16-bit era. I still find the rampart complaining to be in pretty poor form. After all, every game is fun to at least someone.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By WickedCestus

I'm glad you're having fun. I like fun.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By N7

HOW CAN I ENJOY SOMETHING WHEN THERE ARE PEOPLE - PEOPLE BEING WRONG - ON THE INTERNET!?

MsMalloryKnoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MsMalloryKnoxx

@Abyssfull: I have to disagree about ORC. Everyone's entitled to their opinion including you, but my personal opinion is that I'm still pleased with my purchase regardless of its flaws. I've had the game pre-ordered since August of last year and am honestly just thrilled to have a new RE game after waiting so long since RE5. I'm not saying it's the best of the franchise by any means, but it's different which is nice and a welcome distraction until RE6 comes out.

As for Downpour I've seen good and bad feedback on it. I loved it and think people would enjoy it more if they'd stop expecting it to live up to their very first SH experience.

MsMalloryKnoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MsMalloryKnoxx

@Soapy86 said:

When you exclusively stick to a couple of franchises, I guess it's easier to ignore a game's faults. Or maybe not even notice them? You should broaden your gaming horizons. Maybe try Dead Space.

Very good point and you're probably right about not noticing certain faults since I don't play many games. I've been considering trying some other games so thanks for the tip. :-)

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By SSully

My main gripe with resident evil 5 was that it was a complete pain in the ass to play by yourself. I had a great time with coop, it was shit by yourself

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MsMalloryKnoxx said:

@Abyssfull: I have to disagree about ORC. Everyone's entitled to their opinion including you, but my personal opinion is that I'm still pleased with my purchase regardless of its flaws. I've had the game pre-ordered since August of last year and am honestly just thrilled to have a new RE game after waiting so long since RE5. I'm not saying it's the best of the franchise by any means, but it's different which is nice and a welcome distraction until RE6 comes out.

As for Downpour I've seen good and bad feedback on it. I loved it and think people would enjoy it more if they'd stop expecting it to live up to their very first SH experience.

Don't be so put off by the negativity! Sometimes it can just be some very passionate fans of a franchise such as yourself that want to protect it from evil influences, and unfortunately being polite on the internet doesn't get you far with certain companies.  
I mean, look at Downpour, It didn't score (or sell) very highly at all but I've heard a lot of positive things from SH fans, so maybe all their frustration and complaints since SH3 paid off..
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Example1013

SOMEONE'S BEING AN ENTITLED DICK, I MUST TAKE TIME OUT OF MY DAY TO CORRECT THIS

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

I'd say I'm more of a veteran than casual gamer, but in the end I'll always be a movie buff.

MsMalloryKnoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MsMalloryKnoxx

@destruktive said:

i would recommend expanding your gaming spectrum a little. You probably have much to catch up to, both newer and older then the PS2 era that'll cater to your interests

The original RE and SH are probably my faves so maybe I'll give the classics section on the PS store a look.

MsMalloryKnoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MsMalloryKnoxx

@believer258 said:

Thanks for the welcome and good to know!

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By Sooty

I enjoyed RE, RE, RE3, RE:CV. I did not enjoy the total shift to action in RE4 (somewhat) and RE5 which was just action action and action. It's really that simple.

I don't really like it when a series gets radically changed, they should just make a new series instead. Of course they need to rely on that brand to bring people in so I can see why they don't.

MsMalloryKnoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MsMalloryKnoxx

@Vorbis said:

I think a lot of RE fans pine for the days of Survival Horror and hate the direction the series has taken. Hence all the hate.

But they should get over it because it's not coming back.

That's probably a big part of it. Everything changes though and not accepting it is just setting yourself up to be disappointed.

MsMalloryKnoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MsMalloryKnoxx

@Still_I_Cry: I'll just have to take your word on that...never done any research on the ethical density of any region of Africa.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@MsMalloryKnoxx: Off topic: you can reply to multiple people in one post. And welcome to GB.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#35  Edited By Bollard

@Still_I_Cry said:

And dicktits.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@MsMalloryKnoxx said:

@Still_I_Cry: I'll just have to take your word on that...never done any research on the ethical density of any region of Africa.

I was actually joking, can't tell if you are as well.

But here's the breakdown for South Africa if you are curious : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_South_Africa#Blacks

Whites make up 9.6% of the total population

Black South Africans make up 79.0% of the total population.

The African country with the largest White African population is South Africa

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By StrikeALight

@MsMalloryKnoxx: So, have you played the HD collection? Being a SH fan, I'd assume you have an opinion on it.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By JasonR86

@MsMalloryKnoxx:

What does it matter if people bitch about something you like? People bitch about the NFL, a sport I love. That doesn't stop me from enjoying the sport. It also doesn't blow my mind when people don't like the sport. Another person's likes and dislikes are completely separate from my own and, in most ways, irrelevant to me. Are you worried that there won't be any more SH and RE games because people won't buy them?

MsMalloryKnoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MsMalloryKnoxx

@duggshammer: It's not that I didn't expect to see criticism when I joined the site. I just didn't expect the fans to be so harsh or to focus so much on the negative over the positive. I have at least some gripe about almost every game I've ever played or movie I've ever seen, but that doesn't mean I have to ignore what was good about it and focus only on what irked me.

I was referring to the newest RE's. I definitely liked 4 over 5 and I agree they probably will get more money from more action, but I personally will really miss the puzzles.

I'm glad I am too....Doesn't everyone like fun?

I can't argue there...Sheva is a complete idiot as an AI.

Very valid point! I'll have to keep that in mind from now on.

Good to know...Favorite movie?

The switch to action was a major adjustment for me especially since I'm not much of a gamer other than the 2 franchises I've been talking about, but I guess by the time they switched on me I was too into the story and too into the characters to not roll with the punches and get into the new games as they've came out.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! For the tip and the welcome! I was going nuts with the whole no more than 5 posts or 2 comments in a row trying to respond to people!

I haven't gotten it yet. I came really close to, but I knew buying Downpour and Operation Raccoon City this month were going to break me so I opted to wait until the beginning of April....Plus I have the backwards compatible version of the PS3 and still play my original versions of the SH games whenever the urge strikes me.

It doesn't matter if other people don't like them. Doesn't matter at all to me so long as they keep making them. I was only commenting on the bitching by people who are fans of the 2 franchises. Not that I don't understand someone liking something and still not liking every single aspect of it. I was simply shocked by the extreme negativity I'd seen from some fans. If I wrote down everything I disliked about each of the games from both RE and SH that have ever been made I'm sure I could fill pages, but anytime I bitch about something I'm a fan of I'm also going to give you why I still loved or at least like it.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#40  Edited By Phatmac

Yeah man keep buying mediocre games so that both Capcom and Konami can continue to make mediocre games that fanboys like you can buy! See how it works?

MsMalloryKnoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MsMalloryKnoxx

@Atramentous said:

@PixelPrinny said:

@Atramentous said:

Valid point. I guess not everyone of here has been buying there own games since the 16-bit era. I still find the rampart complaining to be in pretty poor form. After all, every game is fun to at least someone.

I personally never tried an SH or RE game or any PS/PS2 game until I watched my son play RE4 one day and caught my self getting into it. Curiosity got the best of me and I hunted down a copy of RE The director's Cut...fell in love and have been absolutely hooked ever since. Tried the original SH because someone suggested it because I liked RE so much and I was waiting for RE5 to come out. I had the same thing happen when I tried that one and again...hook, line sinker. Maybe that's why I'm so stuck on them. I had maybe 10 games tops throughout my entire childhood. I started being into games so late in life that at this point I truly don't see my tastes and tolerances ever changing at least not where RE and SH are involved.

MsMalloryKnoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MsMalloryKnoxx

@Jaytow said:

I've always been able to ignore the fact that some resident evil games are "bad", they have a charm that really appeals to me so I'll eventually get ORC anyway.

This!!!!

predator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By predator

I'm not a gamer either, unless nethack-el counts. What am I doing here?

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Karl_Boss

People like to bitch about things.....even if a game is nearly perfect people will find something to bitch about.

zerostar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By zerostar

@MsMalloryKnoxx: I agree wholeheartedly - the whole point of gaming is enjoying your time spent in them, IMO.

I'm all about the journey - atmosphere, dialogue, story, overall aesthetics, combat mechanics, etc., all these things contribute or detract from an individuals immersion factor. Some games I play (like MTG on the x360) are just quick shots of fun, but I still feel pretty immersed in that environment even if it's only for a little while.

When SWTOR hit last year, a couple of my workMates who had not previously played MMOs were pretty amped because of the Star Wars tie-in. I was pretty excited too - I mean, BIOWARE + Anything lately has been pretty amazing ;) I was on a little break from World of Warcraft (<< been in since Vanilla...) at the time anyway so I cranked up TOR. Bioware NAILED it - really a well developed game in the Star Wars universe. Here's the thing: I got to lvl 44 and then...just stopped playing. I wasn't really having fun, and after a month or so of not logging in I cancelled my sub. My workmates freaked out on me lol (usual /Fail smacktalk, etc.). The ironic thing was, even now after being gone from the game more than 2 months, they STILL haven't reached anywhere CLOSE to lvl 44 on any of their characters. I basically told them when they do get enough experience with the game, and if they're still engaged and enjoying it THEN we can talk about it - 'til then STFU ;)

I love gaming for the immersion; If I'm having a good experience I don't care what other people think about me and it really doesn't matter. Life is too short to let anyone else determine your affinity ;)

That being said, most gaming communities are built around differing opinions about games. You will find allies and detractors (and trolls >.<) for just about anything you present, so be prepared for some opposition. It's all relative and mostly subjective; just remember, opposition to your viewpoint doesn't mean your viewpoint is not valid.

Enjoy RE and SH!