Gamerscore/Trophies - Should They Be like Frequent Flyer Miles?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Like getting 800 MS points for every 10k gamerscore?

Would be pretty sweet - don't ya think?

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Skytylz

that'd be neat but maybe a little less steep, like every 5k for 800.  That means if you bought new and played to completion $300 worth of games, they give you $10.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By ZenaxPure
@Skytylz said:

" that'd be neat but maybe a little less steep, like every 5k for 800.  That means if you bought new and played to completion $300 worth of games, they give you $10. "

I think it sounds cool too but then I remember a lot of people rent a lot of games so most of the time it would never exactly be $300 for $10.
yani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By yani

Problem is that the achievement system is riddled with holes and loads of people edit there scores.  They would have to close up all the problems or monitor gamerscores closely for this system to work.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Seppli

In the light of gamefly, renting places, second hand trade and borrowing games - 800 MS points every 10k Gamerscore can be a lot. Wouldn't mind getting 'Elite' avatars or something either. Doesn't need to be a monetary incentive. Just a little recognition, however that would turn out.

Albeit I'd love to get me some XBLA game every now and then for free. Frenquent Flyer Miles style.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Skytylz
@Zenaxzd: true i guess i didn't think about that, maybe you have to put the game in at least once a month after you first played it or something.

@yani: this would be the biggest problem i bet
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By c1337us
@yani said:
" Problem is that the achievement system is riddled with holes and loads of people edit there scores.  They would have to close up all the problems or monitor gamerscores closely for this system to work. "
I think the idea isn't a terrible one but the reality of gamerscores makes yani correct.
Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

There is actually a program (currently not available to most) that Microsoft is testing in which you are rewarded for how long you have been a member. They give you a small amount of points every so often and for certain things that you do.

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AgentofChaos

Recognition in some form would be nice. It wouldn't be monetary because of all the people who can and do hack achievements.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Video_Game_King

I've always wondered why they don't do that. To answer the problems posed, they could include a feature that monitors how you obtained the achievement; any anomalies would bring forth the wrath of Microsoft execs.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Andorski

It would be awesome, but it would never happen.  People horde over achievements without any incentive (other than having a lot of achievements).  Microsoft has no reason to give any incentive for them.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By iam3green

it would be nice to get something out of them. i can see people hacking into games and getting  a lot of points for things that they didn't even achieve like what u said with 800 points. maybe something else would work out.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Pie

As the bomb squad said on the bombcast people can exploit the system too well through hacking and stuff like that 

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Seppli

If it ain't a monetary incentive, but some kind of bragging rights reward - like elite icons and avatar stuff or even a prefix to your gamertag for online games, there wouldn't be any problems for MS other than getting it out of the gate. Any reward, you'll hold only as dear as the struggle you had obtaining it. Guess that goes for hackers too though. ;D

Certainly would further improve the attachment rate to the respective system. Being somebody (with an epic avatar/icon/prefix).

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pause422

I would maybe care in the least bit about them if it ended up being like that.

Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By Lowbrow

As Jeff mentioned on the podcast this week, there's enough sketchy behavior going on when it comes to gamerscores that MS would be shooting themselves in the foot, essentially giving some of this shit away to people who didn't earn it. The system has too many holes, and this is when a persons gamerscore is ostensibly just a number. Imagine how bad the problem would get if they actually gave people something tangible for having high gamer scores. It would be a fucking debacle.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By jakob187
@Lowbrow: Exactly.  I had thought of this before, then hearing Jeff back that same ideal up felt good. 

It would be AWESOME if we were rewarded in some way for our gamerscores, but as it stands, there's just no way to do it without there being stricter eyes watching over it...and I don't think they care that much about it.
Aljosa15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Aljosa15

I would love that idea. It makes too much sense though, so it won't happen.