Games Games Games!

kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By kilzombie

Hey all, just a bit of an update on everything, I'm going to be talking a bit about E3(yes I know you've heard enough already, but I'd just like to mention some games that I'm interested in) and some of the games I've been playing lately.
So, about E3, well you've probably seen all the impressions and opinions everywhere, and you can just skip over to the next part of my blog if you can't be bothered to read through this. First off, I think Natal has mad potential, I might consider getting an Xbox again once it ships, still skeptical though, as it could be a total disaster too. I was not really impressed by Alan Wake, yeah sure the graphics are crazy, but the weird shadow monsters made it feel like "Generic Survival Horror Shooter X" I even watched the gameplay demo again to reassure myself, it did not impress me. Splinter Cell on the other hand looked really good, it has some very good visual style, it's definitely piqued my interest. Though the Metal Gear announcement was suprising, I wasn't as shocked as I was last year, I guess their attempt to bring down the whole internet with a bombshell announcement  didn't exactly work this time around.
Now since I had to stay up until 2 am to watch the Microsoft and EA conferences, I decided to stick around and watch the Ubisoft conference aswell, and we all know how that went, it was so boring, and the only thing that kept me from shutting off my computer, was the slight hope that they'd show off something cool, like I Am Alive, or Beyond Good & Evil 2, but did they show those games off? NO they just showed us the same Splinter Cell demo as the MS one, and then a CG trailer for Assassin's Creed 2. I was sorely disappointed, they could've announced some awesome games at that conference, but instead, they just went on and on about shit I dont really care about.
I did like Sony's conference, as they showed off some games that I was really interested in, and announced some new games that I really liked the idea of. I bet you've all seen the uncharted 2 gameplay footage, it's awesome right? Yes it is. So was the God Of War 3 demo, earlier today I watched that scene where Kratos rips the guy's head off and the one thing running through my mind at that point was "DAMN THAT IS AWESOME!" and no, I do not think that they've gone too far with the gore, it's God Of War, not God Of Daisies! I can't wait to get my hands on this game next year.
As for the Uncharted 2 Beta, I snagged a code from a gametrailers contest, I got so exited when I saw my inbox XD. I downloaded it and played a few matches of Coop and Comptetitive multiplayer, and both were really fun! Though I wonder how some players managed to get ahold of the gatling gun and grenade launchers, as I've never managed to get them. If you wan't to play some coop, just add me and in the message just say that you're from Giantbomb. My PSN is Kilzombie21.
I also really liked ModNation Racers, like LBP, this seems to have endless potential, though I'm wondering if its a PSN release, or a Disc release, either way I'm probably going to end up buying it at some point.
The Assassin's Creed 2 demo was so badass, nothing(well, maybe except Kratos) beats jabbing two guys in the neck with your hidden blades! It looks as if they've fixed all the issues with the first game, and added more on top of that, I can't wait to get my hands on it this holiday, as I did enjoy the first game, even though it was flawed. As for the Motion controler they showed off, I liked the tech demos they showed, it also has some mad potential, though I think the controller looks like a hybrid sex toy microphone, I think that they should definitely redesign the controller, or at least make it seem less bulky. I was disappointed that they didn't show Heavy Rain at the conference, though watching the newly released gameplay, the framerate seems a bit choppy, though I'm sure that'd be fixed once the game ships. The new trailer looked awesome though. I can't wait to see more. I think that's it for E3 for me.

Now onto the games I've been playing.
I managed to accidentally save over my evil infamous save with my end game good guy save, so I had to start a new save all over again. Doesn't really matter though, I'm almost upto the point where I was before I fucked up my save. Also, since my old Uncharted:DF save was the one without trophies, I wanted to play through the game again, on hard difficulty, and I'm trying to get all the treasures too. I'm planning on getting 100% on that game during the summer. I'm also planning on playing through GTA 4(or atleast try to play through it) once I get it back from my friend. I'm also supposed to go get Red Faction, and a new PSN card this weekend, I can't wait to get my hands on the Big Surf Island pack coming out on thursday. I just hope they price it right. I also got all the trophies in Flower today, I managed to get the last 3 at the same time, which were "Dream"(Find all the secret flowers) "Nature"(bloom 10,000 flowers)  and "Urban"(Completely awaken the city). It's a shame there wasn't a platinum trophy for the game. I'm in the process of patching Killzone2, and Bioshock-yeah i never got around to patching it, I want to play through it again soon. Anyways I think that's it for now, thanks for reading!

kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kilzombie

Hey all, just a bit of an update on everything, I'm going to be talking a bit about E3(yes I know you've heard enough already, but I'd just like to mention some games that I'm interested in) and some of the games I've been playing lately.
So, about E3, well you've probably seen all the impressions and opinions everywhere, and you can just skip over to the next part of my blog if you can't be bothered to read through this. First off, I think Natal has mad potential, I might consider getting an Xbox again once it ships, still skeptical though, as it could be a total disaster too. I was not really impressed by Alan Wake, yeah sure the graphics are crazy, but the weird shadow monsters made it feel like "Generic Survival Horror Shooter X" I even watched the gameplay demo again to reassure myself, it did not impress me. Splinter Cell on the other hand looked really good, it has some very good visual style, it's definitely piqued my interest. Though the Metal Gear announcement was suprising, I wasn't as shocked as I was last year, I guess their attempt to bring down the whole internet with a bombshell announcement  didn't exactly work this time around.
Now since I had to stay up until 2 am to watch the Microsoft and EA conferences, I decided to stick around and watch the Ubisoft conference aswell, and we all know how that went, it was so boring, and the only thing that kept me from shutting off my computer, was the slight hope that they'd show off something cool, like I Am Alive, or Beyond Good & Evil 2, but did they show those games off? NO they just showed us the same Splinter Cell demo as the MS one, and then a CG trailer for Assassin's Creed 2. I was sorely disappointed, they could've announced some awesome games at that conference, but instead, they just went on and on about shit I dont really care about.
I did like Sony's conference, as they showed off some games that I was really interested in, and announced some new games that I really liked the idea of. I bet you've all seen the uncharted 2 gameplay footage, it's awesome right? Yes it is. So was the God Of War 3 demo, earlier today I watched that scene where Kratos rips the guy's head off and the one thing running through my mind at that point was "DAMN THAT IS AWESOME!" and no, I do not think that they've gone too far with the gore, it's God Of War, not God Of Daisies! I can't wait to get my hands on this game next year.
As for the Uncharted 2 Beta, I snagged a code from a gametrailers contest, I got so exited when I saw my inbox XD. I downloaded it and played a few matches of Coop and Comptetitive multiplayer, and both were really fun! Though I wonder how some players managed to get ahold of the gatling gun and grenade launchers, as I've never managed to get them. If you wan't to play some coop, just add me and in the message just say that you're from Giantbomb. My PSN is Kilzombie21.
I also really liked ModNation Racers, like LBP, this seems to have endless potential, though I'm wondering if its a PSN release, or a Disc release, either way I'm probably going to end up buying it at some point.
The Assassin's Creed 2 demo was so badass, nothing(well, maybe except Kratos) beats jabbing two guys in the neck with your hidden blades! It looks as if they've fixed all the issues with the first game, and added more on top of that, I can't wait to get my hands on it this holiday, as I did enjoy the first game, even though it was flawed. As for the Motion controler they showed off, I liked the tech demos they showed, it also has some mad potential, though I think the controller looks like a hybrid sex toy microphone, I think that they should definitely redesign the controller, or at least make it seem less bulky. I was disappointed that they didn't show Heavy Rain at the conference, though watching the newly released gameplay, the framerate seems a bit choppy, though I'm sure that'd be fixed once the game ships. The new trailer looked awesome though. I can't wait to see more. I think that's it for E3 for me.

Now onto the games I've been playing.
I managed to accidentally save over my evil infamous save with my end game good guy save, so I had to start a new save all over again. Doesn't really matter though, I'm almost upto the point where I was before I fucked up my save. Also, since my old Uncharted:DF save was the one without trophies, I wanted to play through the game again, on hard difficulty, and I'm trying to get all the treasures too. I'm planning on getting 100% on that game during the summer. I'm also planning on playing through GTA 4(or atleast try to play through it) once I get it back from my friend. I'm also supposed to go get Red Faction, and a new PSN card this weekend, I can't wait to get my hands on the Big Surf Island pack coming out on thursday. I just hope they price it right. I also got all the trophies in Flower today, I managed to get the last 3 at the same time, which were "Dream"(Find all the secret flowers) "Nature"(bloom 10,000 flowers)  and "Urban"(Completely awaken the city). It's a shame there wasn't a platinum trophy for the game. I'm in the process of patching Killzone2, and Bioshock-yeah i never got around to patching it, I want to play through it again soon. Anyways I think that's it for now, thanks for reading!

temperedvortex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By temperedvortex

I totally agree with everything you said about E3 except for Alan Wake, I was totally impressed by it.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By fugie7

alan wake looked alright.