Games that you should go back to...but never do

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Rhaknar

We all own them. We buy them, even enjoy them, but for some reason we stop playing them and never go back... and once in awhile you think "you know, I really should finish that game". Here are mine at the moment:

Star Ocean 4 - Actually only played the tutorial, bought it when i was in my early year rpg mood (when i played and finished eternal sonata and infinite undiscovery, but about a third of last remnant), but then I got bored of jrpgs and never really played it. I keep looking at it in the shelf and thinking that I really should play it (and i dont really have anything new to play atm)

Red Faction Guerilla - I actually tried to play it again recently, but for somer eason, I just cant get into it... and I love open world games. I want to like it, I really do :(

GTA4 - got stuck in some mission, and since you have to replay them from the start, and the game doesnt really play that well to be honest, it just pissed me off and I never finished it. I really want to tho, mainly because I love the characters and voice acting, but having to suffer through the gameplay really puts me off

Valkyria Chronicles - amazing game, that for some reason I stopped playing and never got back to. The long ass missions dont help, since if you fail you need to restart them from the top >_<

Civilization Revolutions - why did I buy this? it was on the cheap side, but still...i tried it, and didnt get into it at all :/

so what are some (all?) of yours currently in your collections?

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Seedofpower

Yeah, I want more people to play Red Faction Guerilla online more. I want those achievements =/ (PC)

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By turbomonkey138

Tales of vesperia for me

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rhaknar
@turbomonkey138 said:
" Tales of vesperia for me "
thats one of those "i need to GET" games, but thats a whole other topic :P
JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By JCGamer

Any game that has stuff you can collect/do on hard more to get more achievements/trophies.  Right now in my cabinet, I have Uncharted, Uncharted 2, Infamous, Batman:  Arkham Asylum, Too Human, and Burnout Paradise.  I keep thinking I'll play those games and 100% them, but probably never will.

Avatar image for suicidal_sniper
Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper

I have to go through Mass Effect again. I had deleted my savegame unknowing they would use it to continue on in the next game... I wouldn't mind playing through it again if I had kept all my gear, but if there were the case I wouldn't need to go through it again, Lol.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By GunstarRed

Valkyria Chronicles also -I am in the last quarter of the game but it just takes soooooooooooo long and theres so much reloading because I don't want anybody on my team to die. Also theres the wonky collision detection of certain weapons which means even more reloading and the slooooooow pace of the story stuff can really drive me insane at times. I hugely enjoy every minute I am playing the game part of it though  but all that planning...and more planning and even more planning  keeps me from playing it.. 

I reaaally want to finish it though.
rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By rjayb89

Oh man, GTAIV most definitely.  I'm replaying it to pick up a few achievements I missed the first time through, but now I'm only realizing how bad the controls feel and how old it is already

MrKart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By MrKart

I have to FORCE myself to get through Mass Effect. I'm not a fan of the gameplay at all, but it's still one of those games that I feel it is my duty to finish. Also need to go back and finish Persona 3 on the PS2, and amazingly enough... Metroid Prime 3. For some reason, I could not get into Corruption at ALL compared to Prime 1 and 2, and I've been idle in a spot about halfway through it since it came out.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Milkman

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. Tried to go back a while ago, thought starting a new game would be a good idea giving me a fresh start, quickly realized that I didn't want to do everything all over again.

Solarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Solarus

I'm usually pretty good at getting back to games to finishing them up, but sometimes I definitely run into this problem. A lot of times it's just to get the rest of the achievements in an easy game that sucked, which is what prevents me from going back, but every now and then I have a game I should genuinely return to, but never do. Right now:

- The Orange Box: Pretty much everything except Portal.
- Bioshock: It's not bad, but I honestly don't find it deserves all the credit it gets. Probably my least favorite Bioware game.
- Mirror's Edge: Great game, but for some reason I only played through once on normal and then stopped... Don't know why.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Scrawnto

Mass Effect, definitely. I ended up uninstalling it to make room for something else, probably Dawn of War II, but I kept the save files.

Assassin's Creed, if only to be up to date when I play AC2. 

Bioshock- I feel really bad for not finishing that. It's supposed to have an amazing story, but I've only played an hour or two into it, partially because games freak me out pretty easily.

I actually am going back to GTA4 after buying it for $7.50 on Steam. 

I'd love to go back to the Baldur's Gat games. I never finished them, and I doubt I ever will, even though I loved them. 

I also need to go back to The World Ends With You to beat the extra story they give you when you beat the game.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By C0V3RT

- Mass Effect (never gave it a fair chance) 
- Oblivion  
- Overlord 
- The Orange Box (anything outside Portal and a little Team Fortress never got played)

fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By fripplebubby

Fable I on the PC. I did very enjoy that game for the part I played, but there's just so much other stuff to do...

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rhaknar
@Solarus said:
" I'm usually pretty good at getting back to games to finishing them up, but sometimes I definitely run into this problem. A lot of times it's just to get the rest of the achievements in an easy game that sucked, which is what prevents me from going back, but every now and then I have a game I should genuinely return to, but never do. Right now:  - The Orange Box: Pretty much everything except Portal. - Bioshock: It's not bad, but I honestly don't find it deserves all the credit it gets. Probably my least favorite Bioware game. - Mirror's Edge: Great game, but for some reason I only played through once on normal and then stopped... Don't know why. "
Bioshock is a 2K game mate, not Bioware :D
Solarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By Solarus

Oh shit, you're right. Why did I think that?... Oh well, I admit defeat. At the same time, I'm happy though, because I love Bioware games, but Bioshock not so much.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By CL60

Dead Space.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Diamond

The way I play games I don't consider owning a game for ~3 years and still not having beat it to be a bad thing, or a matter of 'never' going back to it.  I have yet to finish Eternal Sonata, and I plan to at my own pace.  Sometimes I feel the desire to play it so I do.  I enjoy games more that way.  Basically I wouldn't call not finishing a current gen title avoiding at all.  Maybe you people typically rush through games but I rarely do that.

There are titles I really have avoided finishing for a very long time.  Planescape Torment is a good example.  Some of the Dragon Quest games that are supposed to be good, I've never finished one of them, and I still have my copy of 8.  I never beat GTA3, VC, or SA, there was always some really challenging mission near the end of the game I never beat...

JB16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By JB16

Don't I repeat DONT play Star Ocean 4, unless you want to play a game with the whiniest main character to have ever lived. Hell Edge was so pathetic that I made a blog post about him, and I NEVER blog!!
Wrect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By Wrect

I should really play Team Fortress 2 some more.... but I'm afraid of it now.
CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CptChiken

resident evil 5

riffingt0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By riffingt0n
@Solarus said:
" Oh shit, you're right. Why did I think that?... Oh well, I admit defeat. At the same time, I'm happy though, because I love Bioware games, but Bioshock not so much. "
BIOshock from BIOware?  I'll admit, I'm stumped too ;)

Devil May Cry 4 here - I keep meaning to go back and finish the 2nd difficulty so I can try the Bloody Palace, but never do.  And I have Dead Space to finish, which I know will terrify me, but a friend gave it to me and I'd feel bad if I didn't play it.
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MikkaQ

Oh. God. I have tons and tons of these games. Mostly cus I'll distract myself from a game with another new game every week or so. 

Tales of Vesperia, Resident Evil 5, Bayut Mayn: Arkham Asylum, Red Faction, Fallout 3, the last mission of Gay Tony, pretty much every JRPG ever (except I intend to finish mother 3, dammit!), Ninja Gaiden 2, 50 Cent: Blood In The Sand, Gears of War 2, Mass Effect... and that's off the top of my head.

spacegandhi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 22

#24  Edited By spacegandhi

Oh, how tall has my "stack of shame" become. But the two most flagrant offenses in question are Valkyria Chronicles (Maximilian's Tank) and Yakuza (Ch. 10 boss fight, dude has guns). I keep saying I'll go back to these, but I fear with each passing day my knowledge of "how" to play those games slips away and it becomes even more difficult to beat them. What wretched fate!

solidsnake360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By solidsnake360
@turbomonkey138 said:
Same here. But I'm actually FORCING myself to finish it these past few days, because it IS a good game.
Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Brunchies

I have Dead Space and Chrono Trigger.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#27  Edited By AgentJ

Disgaea. I am stuck on one level and am almost preventing myself from playing any other rpgs until its done.

angelfan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By angelfan91

GTA 4 - I beat it once, I've been trying to get the under 30 hours achievement.  But, when I fail a mission and have to start over I just lose interest.
CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CowMuffins

Beyond Good and Evil. My harddrive crashed and I lost all my save data. Really do not want to play it all again, but I want to finish it at least.

eldiax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By eldiax

The Witcher - I really really like this game, it's awesome. But for some reason I never got back to it. I often find myself thinking I should go back and finish that game.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#31  Edited By armaan8014

GTA IV

SAINTS ROW 2

WORLD IN CONFLICT

DRAKENSANG: THE DARK EYE 

BIOSHOCK

and some others maybe

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By zombie2011
@Rhaknar said:
" @turbomonkey138 said:
thats one of those "i need to GET" games, but thats a whole other topic :P "
I just beat that game after having it for like year. Really good game.
Titl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By Titl

i really need to finish up Dead Space..i have had it for six months, and im only half of the way through,,i would also like to play Mass Effect again but that is mostly to be ready for the sequel..

02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By 02sfraser

Eternal Sonata is there to be finished and Oblivion needs to get done as well. i really want to play them but i just can't :(

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By penguindust

Gears of War 1 and 2.  I don't know why.  They were both fun when I played them, but I've no desire to boot them up again.  While Mass Effect, Fallout, COD and even DOA still earn my attention.  I admit I didn't finish either of them.  Maybe I'll sit down one weekend and blow through the remainder of them...nah, I'll probably play Bioshock instead.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#36  Edited By ZenaxPure

While there are a few I have started and not gone back to finish, I believe the number 1 culprit is Metroid Prime: Hunters. It looks great, plays great, I had plenty of fun with it... but I keep getting stuck when I get about an hour into it where I quit playing for 6 or so months, start it again, and then repeat the same stuff over, get stuck, don't touch for a few months, start over, etc. 

In short I don't think I will ever be able to complete that game even though I want too.

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By Synthballs

Conan for the Xbox 360

Robiin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Robiin

World of Goo - Fortunatley it's not hard to get into again once you decide to do so.

Oblivion - Played like three hours then never touched it again. Don't know why, I put a ton (well, more than 150) of hours into Fallout 3, and this seemed pretty similar..

Knights of the Old Republic - Tried for like 10 minutes, then became addicted to Borderlands. Felt pretty old and dull at the time (this was like two months ago), but I have to give it a chance, Mass Effect & Dragon Age are like the best games evar.

Prototype - I don't really have the urge to finish it, but I had fun the time I played it this summer, so I feel like I should get back to it.

Undesired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Undesired

Brutal Legend - Great game that i somehow never got back to (yet!).

Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40  Edited By Darkstar614

Dead Space - I bought it for PC but the mouse and keyboard controls are so retarded. (mouse accel. that cannot be turned off) I couldn't get 20 minutes in. I plan to play it once I get a decent gamepad for my PC.

Xenosaga episode 2 - Combat system is so bad, but I like the series. Maybe one day I'll suffer through it again.

Tales of Symphonia - I did like 3 playthroughs back-to-back when I first played it. But for whatever reason I can't replay it past 20 minutes now.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By dbz1995

Infamous-I don't even nknow why, just haven't finished it.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Warfare

Assassin's Creed 2