Games you are most proud to own and will never get rid of--whether worth a lot or worth nothing!

• 83 results
EvilCalvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I luckily found this on the shelf behind the pick up window at Toys R Us back when it came out. They hadn't put out the descriptor card on the game wall and I just happened to see it. I enjoy playing it still!! Worth a pretty penny too. It looks like it will continue to be valuable being as the source code went missing.

No Caption Provided

As far as a game worth nothing...I LOVED "One" on the PS1. It played like a 3D (more like 2.5D) Contra should have played. The graphics are a little rough today but it played well and was fun. Sometimes frustrating but I think it is a forgotten, underrated game. Will keep it forever!

No Caption Provided

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

The funny thing is I ended up buying the GC version on a whim. I had gone into the store initially looking to buy a Wii with Twilight Princess but they were sold out of both. I said "screw it" and picked up the GC version. Turns out it's the better playing version anyway and now a collector's item. I'm never going to sell it, though.

EvilCalvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darth_navster: I did the same thing. I think I had to preorder it on GC as it was a smaller print run (and I think came out a few weeks after the WII version). I still have that too.

EvilCalvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: I played the demo. Pretty fun. I think it was a "pseudo sequel" to the "Strike" series by EA

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Even though the game is shit...

Loading Video...

Also goes for my Duke3D box.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a PS1 copy of Final Fantasy 7 with a manual signed by Nobuo Uematsu.

vasta_narada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I own the entire .hack series of games and the first Boktai game. They have a special place in my heart, partly because they're rad games, but also because the first four .hack games I got as a lot on eBay by proxy bid thanks to a friend who isn't with us anymore.

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal Warriors on Super Famicom

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I have a mint import copy of Genso Suikoden I & II for the PSP that I still own despite not having a PSP anymore. No real reason to get rid of it, so it makes a nice little collectible.

I also still have a bunch of my old Apple II games from childhood, including Wasteland with the paragraph book and everything.

MoonlightMoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 15

Baroque on the Wii, for weird sentimental reasons.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By Zevvion

@darth_navster: I did the same thing. I think I had to preorder it on GC as it was a smaller print run (and I think came out a few weeks after the WII version). I still have that too.

Leave the story for what it is. The real fun is in its Skirmish mode. It was a third person MOBA style game. And it was fucking fantastic.

EvilCalvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EvilCalvin

@gundogan: It wasn't THAT bad. That's still a huge collectors edition though!

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though I hate the game with a passion, Superman 64 is still fun to have.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@darth_navster: Me too man.

I still got mine in the original shrink wrap. Am debating leaving it that way.

I think I probably will since I bought the WiiU version and play to finally finish it there (back in the day I started the Wii version because I figured that was the "better" version and eventually accidentally erased my save about 75 hours in. Got discouraged and didn't restart)

Bonsai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcin: Same here, though mine's the snes version.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

PC version of Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus. The big box and all. It's not in great shape, but still.

Also, not a game, but I own a copy of the Limited Edition Oddworld art book.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somewhere I have a copy of Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes for Gamecube.

Cerebus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Final Fantasy six, Chrono Trigger and Earth Bound.....Zombie ate my neighbors.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

Probably my original copy of Metal Gear Solid 2 and The Document of Metal Gear Solid 2.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My copy of Misadventures of Tron Bonne. It`s a game i have a lot of nostalgia for.

I have a PS1 copy of Final Fantasy 7 with a manual signed by Nobuo Uematsu.

That`s awesome! Nobou Uematsu is such and amazing composer.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#22  Edited By sgtsphynx  Moderator

Lunar 2 collectors edition

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My black-disc Chrono Cross. I bought it used as a kid with a crack in the case and part of a damn EB Games sticker on it so I've always thought about swapping in a new jewel case but eh.

TanookiSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TanookiSuit

MGS3 Subsistance Limited Edition, also a copy of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night black label, SNES Chrono Trigger to name a few. Honestly I just kind of don't sell games/trade-in period?

No Caption Provided

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I regret selling my Halo 2 Steelbook, it had a documentary DVD that was very enjoyable. I don't like Halo anymore but it was a nice package.

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still keeping my box set of European Shenmue 2 with a CD-R boot disc squeezed into it, as well as my green VMU with Dreamcast saves. I'll keep telling myself I'm going to get a Dreamcast and replay that game until I die of old age.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By TheHT

Not that I'm necessarily proud to own em, but I wouldn't want to get rid of em. They're not amazing games or anything, but something about 'em I always found charming in that B-tier bargain bin sort of way.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Besides like my all time favorite games? Well it would probably be this:

No Caption Provided

During my peak post-Persona 3/Persona 4 world, I had a fever for more Persona so much I bought a copy of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment from eBay for probably way too much money (Hey, it seemed like that was the going rate). I believe this was before the re-release of Persona 1 and Persona 2, and maybe even Atlus's later games like Persona 3 Portable and Catherine. I got maybe 60-70% through the game before getting lost on some boat and losing interest. Since then my backwards compatible PS3 that I was playing all of my PS1 and PS2 games on died, and that save I believe is lost. (I should probably dig around my PS+ account and see if a copy is still lurking around)

Since Persona didn't really make it big (relatively speaking) until Persona 4 came out, a lot of the early Shin Megami Tensei and Persona games seem harder to come by, which makes this probably the rarest game I own. It's also a good artifact of what I was doing before I got distracted with P3P, P4G, news of Persona 5, and all of those damn Persona 4 spin-off games.

Other noteworthy mentions might be some of the limited edition copies of games I have, like MGS4, Persona 4 Golden, and my recently imported special edition of Persona 5.

joey2683

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have the original Final Fantasy and Ninja Gaiden for NES in box with instrcutions, etc. I also have the Japanese version of Goldeneye for N64. Mario 25th anniversary collection or whatever it was called unopened for the Wii, along with Skyward Sword w/ gold wii remote unopened. Original FF7 and Castlevania Symphony of the night (non greatest hits) versions. Pretty happy with all these and memories associated with them.

wlleiotl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i have vib-ribbon on ps1, wish id known how rare it was

EvilCalvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#@theht: I always liked Nightmare Creatures. Since it was an early PS1 game the 3D visuals were a bit rough (as were many 3D games of the time), but it was cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Underrated my favorite Silent Hill game I got the PS2 version graphically it's pretty bad but the snowy atmosphere is so good I would love a HD version on PC using fox engine.

No Caption Provided
duke_of_the_bump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm proud of the games I've made :) They're not technical masterpieces or anything, but I think they show some creativity and there are a few good ideas in there.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mirado

I don't think I'm really "proud" to own any games that I have. There's a bunch that are bad that I've kept because I get some joy out of them, and there's a few I would never sell because of how much fun I've had with them, but I can't come up with a game that I'm actually proud to have owned.

I've got a tiny figure of Mecha Zangief that's signed by Yoshinori Ono, which is kinda cool.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Wind Waker / Ocarina of Time double-pack on the Gamecube. And IK+ on the PSOne.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Wait a minute some people get rid of games?

O.o

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BoOzak

Wait I can get £100 for GC versions of WW & TP? If I wasnt so lazy I might take advantage of that. To answer the OP if it were worth a thousand or so I would do, especially if there were remasters that are arguably better versions and i'm hanging onto them just for the sake of nostalgia.

EDIT: I took it as a question when it wasnt, my bad!

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

It turns out my copies of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Radiantly Dawn are worth a pretty penny now used. Those are probably the most "valuable" games I have lying around.

Wandrecanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phoenix778m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neverwinter nights 2 and all the expansions! Also ton of community downloaded mods.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

One was super fun at the time.

My Valkyrie Profile 2 Artifact Box is pretty great, I say.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

Ehh, not really. There are games I don't get rid of because I know I'll want to play them later, but it has nothing to do with pride. If I think I won't want to play them anymore, I'll sell em.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ZolRoyce  Online

@jec03: Shattered Memories is a great Silent Hill game as far as I'm concerned, I know some people were pretty down on it, but I thought it was super clever and well done. Good pick!

@theht: Yesssssss! Nightmare Creatures is/was great, played it so much when I was younger, creeped me the hell out. Still have my original copy too. Haven't played it in forever, but man, good memories. Nice choice!

Anywhooways.
I have no problem getting rid of physical games as long as there are ways to re-get them digitally or in some newer format. Therefore most of the physical games that I own, I own more on the basis of the only way I CAN play it, is to own in in said way. And less, I could never ever ever get rid of it.
That being said I basically have two answers.

ActRaiser: I don't have the physical SNES version anymore because I can just play it on the Wii/Wii U but I would never get rid of the ability to play it. If for some reason the next Nintendo console follows its pretty great route of backwards compatibility and every game I own is playable on the next console EXPECT for ActRaiser, if for some reason it didn't work. I would hold onto the Wii U for the one game only.

Left 4 Dead: I can't even begin to fathom how many hours me and my friends dumped into the 360 version of this game, this really is one of the few physical games I can't get rid of, I don't have a 360 anymore, my friends don't have or don't really use theirs, and I own the game on PC and dumped about as much time into the PC version as the 360 version. But the game box is like a photograph of memories at this point, it needs to be on a shelf always.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okami for ps2. It's still my favorite game.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I don't have much in terms of physical games, but I do cherish my physical copy of Lemmings.

Also, my digital copies of Cryostasis :P

mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Bought an import copy from a boutique at double the price of a standard new release. Still one of my all time favorite adventure games.

Bleshoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xenogears, Xenosaga I, II & III , Xenoblade Chronicles, and Xenoblade Chronicles X. I love me some Xeno games.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Megaman Legends 2

TehFedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TehFedro

I wouldn't say proud but I do own the Metroid Prime Trilogy collectors edition. I remember hearing about it because I played Prime 3 and was wondering about the previous Primes. Didn't even realize it was a limited thing until my friend told me way later and I guess I got extremely lucky buying it. I wouldn't sell it either way.

I am very happy to own Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario RPG and Paper Mario 2 which are some of my favourite games. Though my SMRPG cart's battery is too old and doesn't save games anymore, at least not for long. I wouldn't give those games up for any reason.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

No Caption Provided

European version of the DS version of Devil Survivor 2. I've not even finished the game but I have my name in the instruction manual since I was one of the people who supported the game for a EU release. They needed 2000 people to sign up to buy the game before they could commit to a EU release and I was one of them. It's the only game I have my name in so that is why it is special.