• 126 results
Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jay444111

You know. Those games were you just fucking hate them for whatever reason while most of the gaming world loves them...

Actually, I fully admit to making this topic to rant about one game... so yeah... here goes.

FUCK PROFESSOR LAYTON!!!

I got the curious village game after hearing about how awesome this game series is... well, that is a fucking lie and don't let anyone else feed you lies. These puzzles are not fun in this game, they require in-fucking-sane leaps in logic that only the mentally deranged are capable of. The puzzles are one go only and if you fail you have to restart with a lower score... which in itself for a puzzle game with some of the most horribly designed puzzles I have ever seen is UNFORGIVABLE... Seriously people... what the fuck!? I am about 20 puzzles in and a good 18 of them I had to search online just so I can fucking advance!!! WHY? Just... why!? I feel like I am doing nothing and it makes me feel like shit since this game not only has massive leaps in logic when it comes to puzzles, but it also tells you things in ways that can fuck you up easily and punishes you for actually trying to figure it out!!!

Fuck this game... fuck it to hell and damnation... I hope level five gets it's head out of it's ass and either goes down or makes a good fucking GAME for once instead of puzzle bullshit!!! Just! What the fuck man!? Just... WHAT THE FUCK!?

My other game is Prince of Persia 08 edition... Seriously, if you don't know why this game is horrible then let me tell you.

Massive world filled with nothing but collectables and one hit kill enemies. Bosses that use QTE events only and so fast that not even The Flash could get it right. No dying at all, instead just a stupid animation. HORRIBLE combat mechanics due to bullshit design. Horrible ending and with how bad this game was to people there most likely will never be a sequel to this piece of trash... and to be quite honest. I welcome that.

What games do you hate but the gaming world seems to love.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

*grabs popcorn*

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By musubi

Mass Effect , Skyrim... not bad games mind you just boooooooring.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Rafaelfc

Starcraft 2 (actually that extends to any RTS. they're just not my kind of game)

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

Halo

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#6  Edited By pyromagnestir

I don't hate Resident Evil 4, but I do hate what it turned the RE games into.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By The_Nubster

@Jay444111: I wasn't aware that PoP '08 was "loved."

Witzig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Witzig

Never really like Mass Effect 2 or the Gears of War franchise.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Animasta

all those games you like? I hate them. all of them.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jay444111

@The_Nubster said:

It is loved by the casual crowd of gamers actually... which makes sense on why it is so fucking terrible that it legitimately is capable of boiling the skin off of you in terms of sheer disgusting gameplay and design.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CaLe

Halo.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NTM

@Demoskinos said:

Skyrim... not a bad game mind you, just boooooooring.

I agree. Although, in some respects, it's also kind of a bad. I can see why people like it, but to me, I don't enjoy it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I agree that Prof L's puzzles were ridiculous, but I didn't hate the game.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Clonedzero

resident evil 5. its a bad game. it controls really poorly, the story is stupid, the characters are stupid, the enemies are stupid, its not scary at all for all its claims of being a horror game. its just a BAD GAME. i dont understand how anyone can think its a good game. its terrible. like in every way. it even looks weird, chris redfield looks so just WEIRD. like he looks like more of an inhuman monster than half the crap you have to kill.

my sister bought it for me for xmas awhile back so i felt obligated to play it. bud damn...

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pyromagnestir

@Jay444111 said:

@The_Nubster said:

It is loved by the casual crowd of gamers actually... which makes sense on why it is so fucking terrible that it legitimately is capable of boiling the skin off of you in terms of sheer disgusting gameplay and design.

eh. I liked it quite a bit. (shrugs)

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16  Edited By Little_Socrates
TheKramer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheKramer89

...will this same topic be created?

To answer the question, MW2 and beyond. A rather obvious answer, but true nonetheless.Shit's gettin' old...

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Justin258
in-fucking-sane leaps in logic that only the mentally deranged are capable of.

So... shouldn't it be a cakewalk for you?

I kid, I kid.

Uncharted. I don't downright hate it but I hardly feel like it deserves even a third of the praise it gets.@Jay444111 said:

@The_Nubster said:

I'm hardly casual and I remember liking PoP '08 a whole lot. It's not a bad game at all, it's just not what the Sands of Time crowd was expecting.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By wjb

I just got done with the Witcher 2 and I was pretty disappointed with it.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By The_Nubster

@believer258 said:@The_Nubster said:

I'm hardly casual and I remember liking PoP '08 a whole lot. It's not a bad game at all, it's just not what the Sands of Time crowd was expecting.

I only played about halfway through and I just assumed that the rest of the game was collect orbs and then do a very simple boss fight, so I stopped. I had always heard that people thought it's a well-designed game, but kind of lacking in execution, which I would agree with. I'm sad they never did anything to evolve it in terms of doing a couple of sequels, though, because the core of it was very fun. The platforming was absolutely sensational.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By huntad

Zelda (except Wind Waker)

gamerzach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By gamerzach

Fifa and NHL series, Halo series and The Elder Scrolls series i thought skyrim was okay and i know that many people love and think morrowind is the best game ever i had it on xbox and were never really that fond of it

Metalhead980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Metalhead980

Uncharted 3... An overhyped 8 hour failure of a campaign. I swear I felt cheated. Never resold a game on Ebay so fast lol. Damn MW3 campaign was longer...

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Barrock

This thread has been made thirty-five times now hasn't it?

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

I'm with ya on PoP, it was sooooooooooo boring, and the visuals were kinda neat for about half a second until you got bored of the super drab, unpopulated environments. Rented it one weekend and got bored to death pretty early in. Played enough to know it wasn't going to get more interesting, and stopped.

Infamous. The original. I hate the control scheme in that game, and I had a piss poor experience in which it didn't notify me when it decided to put me onto Hard Mode. I knew that auto balance moment was coming, because I had played up to that point before a good while before that, but the time I went to beat the game, it never popped anything up, just stuck me on hard. Which especially with a "good" character was fucking annoying or fucking boring, never in the middle, never terribly interesting. I hated the visuals (people today still say that was a nice looking game, which is horseshit. The fidelity was shitty, the art style was generic and boring, and the framerate was unstable and often awful. The moral choices were super basic and simple and black and white and never really interesting, just a way to decide which power set you got. A lot of annoying characters (although not as fucking awful as the evil lady from inFamous 2, god), and enemies that are constantly present, on all sides, and are a bit tricky to pick out sometimes, especially if you're below them.

Mass Effect 2, mostly just because it ruined Mass Effect for me. I hated pretty much everything but the storylines for characters, which I kinda hated because they were the shitty replacement for a proper plot in the game itself. If the game had had as good of a plot as all of the characters in that game did, it'd be one of my favorite games just like ME1 was, but instead the mainplot was just barely existent, and flew in the face of everything my shep believed in. I hated working for the illusive man, and I hated all of the removal of the RPG mechanics and the dumbing down of the combat. It's a great game, I just can't stand it. Major props for the PC porting of the engine (only the engine though because the controls on PC are borederline insulting), which ran buuuuuuutery smooth and looked pretty damn good even on my mediocre machine.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@TheKramer89 said:

...will this same topic be created?

To answer the question, MW2 and beyond. A rather obvious answer, but true nonetheless.Shit's gettin' old...

I love this post so much.

EDIT: Fuck you, Professor Layton is the SHIT. God, I'm so excited for the new one.

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By ProfessorK

Wet, I have a friend that loooooooooves that fucking game.

jmfinamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jmfinamore

@Clonedzero said:

resident evil 5. its a bad game. it controls really poorly, the story is stupid, the characters are stupid, the enemies are stupid, its not scary at all for all its claims of being a horror game. its just a BAD GAME. i dont understand how anyone can think its a good game. its terrible. like in every way. it even looks weird, chris redfield looks so just WEIRD. like he looks like more of an inhuman monster than half the crap you have to kill.

my sister bought it for me for xmas awhile back so i felt obligated to play it. bud damn...

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I played a few hours of coop with a friend and couldn't believe the game was as well received as it was. The controls were just so bad for a modern shooter, it was absurd. Then add everything else you mentioned on top of that. I just don't get how it's so praised.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29  Edited By Justin258

@The_Nubster said:

@believer258 said:@The_Nubster said:

I only played about halfway through and I just assumed that the rest of the game was collect orbs and then do a very simple boss fight, so I stopped. I had always heard that people thought it's a well-designed game, but kind of lacking in execution, which I would agree with. I'm sad they never did anything to evolve it in terms of doing a couple of sequels, though, because the core of it was very fun. The platforming was absolutely sensational.

I guess that's true. I didn't mind that I spent the entire game collecting orbs because the underlying mechanics worked so well and it was so fucking gorgeous. It's a bit like Just Cause 2 in that its foundation is solid enough to pull it through some really underdeveloped objectives and design.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Deusx

I love video games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f0017840c01a
deactivated-5f0017840c01a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gears of War... all of them.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AngelN7

@Deusx said:

I love video games.

All of the videogames , but I hate the people who love the hate games other people love.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DeF

@Little_Socrates said:

The Ocarina of Time. Also, didn't like The Witcher 2, though I at least can respect that as a quality game that didn't jive with me.

And you wanna tell us now that you can't respect Ocarina the same way at least?

For me it's the God of War series. They games play fine but I just can't deal with the story, the characters, the juvenile sex mini-games, the pointless exaggerated violence that is supposed to be motivated by what happened to Kratos and how the gameplay doesn't seem to evolve with its sequels.

And [Prototype] - a friend of mine loves that game but I tried to play it and hated every second of it. It's just plain bad to me.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate all games that others love because that is cool.  So I hate all games.  

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Hate is too strong a word but I'd rather watch paint dry than play a Final Fantasy game.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Chop

I actually dislike most of the games mentioned so far.

Fuck video games...apparently?

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Joeyoe31

The god of war series. L.A. Noire, Ghost Trick, and Uncharted 3 just to name a few.

Hadoken101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Hadoken101

On the Topic of PoP '08, I feel that how much one likes it is in direct correlation with how much they like the interaction between the two characters. The gameplay itself is nothing particularly amazing (a solid platformer with some duels sprinkled in) but the dialog between the Prince and Elika is one of the reasons why I really loved the game.

Alkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Alkaiser

I personally don't enjoy first person games or shooter-style games in general. I'm guessing its some kind of Darwinism shit to breed me out of existence.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#40  Edited By NoobSauceG7

Grand Theft Auto 4, it isn't that I hate this game it is just that I dislike it the most out of all of Rockstars games and I feel like many other people love this game the most out of the Rockstar games.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#41  Edited By Little_Socrates

@DeF said:

@Little_Socrates said:

The Ocarina of Time. Also, didn't like The Witcher 2, though I at least can respect that as a quality game that didn't jive with me.

And you wanna tell us now that you can't respect Ocarina the same way at least?

For me it's the God of War series. They games play fine but I just can't deal with the story, the characters, the juvenile sex mini-games, the pointless exaggerated violence that is supposed to be motivated by what happened to Kratos and how the gameplay doesn't seem to evolve with its sequels.

And [Prototype] - a friend of mine loves that game but I tried to play it and hated every second of it. It's just plain bad to me.

Nah, I don't. Ocarina of Time isn't very good. Historically very important, I have a lot of nostalgia for it, and the Spirit Temple and Ganon's Castle are actually pretty good. The rest of Ocarina is kind of awful, though, and I'm saddened that games journalists haven't been more critical of the game. Puzzles ping-pong between too easy and insane leaps of logic, combat barely exists, the story barely exists compared to its contemporaries (and some of its predecessors) and the open world has always felt barren to me. What's left to praise? I've played through it again over the last year, and I don't think it's a very good game. And I'd argue it has been less influential than the three other major games of 1998, Half-Life, Metal Gear Solid, and StarCraft.

While I enjoyed the first God of War (largely for having one of the better Zelda-inspired dungeons around in Pandora's Temple,) the second game felt wrong, and I never ended up finishing the third despite being wowed by the spectacle. And Prototype was better when it was named Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and released in 2005.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#42  Edited By Giantstalker

Fez, Journey, Braid, any high-concept indie game really

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By FreakAche

I don't know. Skate I guess? Maybe Starcraft?

Yorkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Yorkin

I never liked Ocarina of Time. Even when it was first released. I was pumped for it though, as I liked the previous Zelda games, and loved how Mario made the transition to 3D on the N64, so I couldn't wait for the new 3D Zelda game. But then I played it, and was extremely disappointed.

I've tried to play it two more times in the years since it's release, but never finished it because it's just so bad. I've replayed Link to the Past a couple times since then and still love it, and I enjoyed Wind Waker and Skyward Sword. I just hate Ocarina of Time and don't think it deserves the praise it gets.

Also Burnout Paradise. Loved previous Burnout games, but after playing for a really long time, I never got to the point where I could navigate through that stupid city to the finish line at high speed. Always had to pause to look at the map multiple times during races, and that sucked.

And lastly, the Mass Effect series. I played the first one all the way through, and got about 3/4 of the way through the second. I love story driven RPGs, love third person shooters, but I think the Mass Effect franchise is and always has been a dud.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#45  Edited By Sooperspy
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#46  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Little_Socrates said:

I'm saddened that games journalists haven't been more critical of the game.

Yea, I do, too (that whole "Link actually has motivation against grabbing the Master Sword"), but I still found it to be pretty cool.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#47  Edited By ThePickle

Fable 2 and Saints Row 1 and 2.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#48  Edited By Aegon

This thread has been made so many times.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By NMC2008

Brutal Legend

Crackdown 2

Dark Sector

Final Fantasy XI

Rock Band (GH Fanboy here, just fanboy business)

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (not so much hate as not liked very much, and think Pandora Tomorrow was much more fun, single player only, didn't care for Spies vs Mercs at all)

Street Fighter 4 (I am no good at it but have no interest to get good either)

Ico ( not so much hate as just not enjoying the game, hate is a pretty strong word/emotion)

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#50  Edited By jacksukeru

@Animasta said:

all those games you like? I hate them. all of them.

Wh-why you fiend! I love those games you know!