Games you just gave up on

mathewballard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#101  Edited By mathewballard

Resident Evil 4, Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII. Because I just couldn't get into them.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#102  Edited By Video_Game_King
@bizsumpark182 said:
Because I just couldn't get into them.
*remembers new rule*......Eh, it's close, but I'll let it slide :P.
Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#103  Edited By Whisperkill

Overlord - Just got bored of it...

Castlevania: SotN - I dont like the combat at all

Indigo Prophecy - I asked "Why is this even a game?"
mathewballard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#104  Edited By mathewballard
@Video_Game_King: 

Actually on that last one I meant FFIX. Just, wanted to correct myself there.
bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By bubahula

none, i always read alot about a game before i get so i know i wont regret it later
Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm usually pretty good at grinding through games, but Spider-Man: Web of Shadows was--literally--too badly programmed for me to finish. There's a portion near the end where you're enlisted to help the Kingpin take down the Symbiotes infesting the city, and you have to destroy a number of symbiote pods. I'd find the pods, but every time I began attacking them, they'd disappear. They just vanished. Not a purposeful vanish, either. A vanish like, "hey there's a line of code we forgot to put in to animate the pods after Spider-Man hits them, and because of that the game glitches and they evaporate without giving credit to the player" sort of vanish.  

That's pretty far into the game, so I felt content with the achievements I'd farmed from it and moved on to the next game.
happyfatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#107  Edited By happyfatman

@SJSchmidt93 said:

"Assassin's Creed. I couldn't fucking figure out what to do, and I felt no desire to try to figure out using the internetz."

This, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (GC), and Donkey Kong 64.  That's just off the top of my head.  Also, I've borrowed Halo from my friends many times and I just can't bring myself to keep playing... it just doesn't do anything for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b65f243818c0
deactivated-5b65f243818c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Final Fantasy 9; I was not mentally prepared for the game to go back to 'way-fantasy' after seven and eight....but my older sister played it, and seemed to enjoy it. Maybe one of these days I'll try it again.
Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#109  Edited By Jeffsekai

Far cry 2, and Lost Planet. Although I really wanna go back to both at some times Far Cry 2 more so.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#110  Edited By AlKusanagi

I tried to play a Madden game for the first time since the 16-bit era (I think it was '08) and gave up after I couldn't complete a single pass. When did sports games get so complex? It's just far easier to go play the actual damn sport! I miss being able to play sports with two buttons...

calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#111  Edited By calidan777

GTAIV , that shit just kept dragging on until I just said fuck it.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Absurd

I forgot to mention FF7 on the PC, It had a problem with crashes, which was troubling since I couldn't save anywhere I wanted to.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#113  Edited By Branthog

Assassin's Creed. I have no idea how far I made it before realizing "wait, this isn't even fun and the exploration is pointless since everything is the same and I'm over the climb walls gimmick".

To be fair, though, I quit a lot of games. Or don't even play them in the first place. I have about 400 games at the moment and I have beat less than a couple dozen. I'm a lazy mother fucker!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Branthog:
My friend sells games all the fucking time. I don't know why he even goes through the trouble of buying them in the first place. I've been trying to get him to sign up for Gamefly, since he'd get just as good an idea of what a game's like for a much cheaper expenditure.  

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

THP8 for PSP, holy shit that game is horrible.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Emandudeguyperson:
Yeah, this is a game I couldn't stomach for very long either. I can't imagine how the PSP version plays.
Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#117  Edited By Kiemoe

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. I hate myself, but not enough to play through that garbage.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By toowalrus

Too Human, Lost Planed, Crackdown, Oblivion... There's more I'm sure.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Absurd

I gave up on a lot of MMORPGs as well, WoW was one of them. They all bored me, or I just played the hell out of it and found nothing else to do with it.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By CL60

Far Cry 2, the map pissed me off with a passion. I couldn't even look at it while moving. Always just went off the screen. I would probably play it again if I knew about a mini-map mod.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#121  Edited By Video_Game_King

Should I just change the name of this thread to "Why Far Cry 2 is awful?" :P

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By dethfish

Oh yeah, Baja: Edge of Control was another game I gave up on. I knew it was supposed to be kind of bad but I thought "Off road racing, cool. And 1000 mile races? This is gonna be awesome!" It was shit, and I don't say that about many games.

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#123  Edited By yetiantics

King of Fighters XII (PS3) - Not worth the price and the online sucks. even WITH the patch.
Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Th3_James

Well now....too many to count, I don't have time, or desire to finish most games....if i get into the game, i will finish it. I stopped finishing every game i play, i can't be bothered

innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By innacces14
@Video_Game_King: 

Nah. It's actually interesting to see big name games being gunned down. Which reminds me.... 

...Far Cry 2 (Hahaha!) is a game that just bored me. It seemed like a good idea, but the scope of the game plus the fact that the main story was easy to get off of was just annoying. All in all the package was extremely lukewarm. 

Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 is another cause for one I didn't really dig the pace of the game so I got bored by the second act, and two, I rented the game with a bad feeling in my stomach. Turns out when I reached the middle of that second act my 360 RROD. I know I should give this game another chance, but man. What a bummer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@innacces14:
Vegas is another good fit for this thread. The first one, at least, was juxtaposed against Gears at the time of its release. It even nabbed a few Game of the Year awards if I'm not mistaken.  

I tried it and was immediately disappointed. Poor team AI, clunky mechanics, and a lackluster multiplayer mode will do that, I suppose.
fuzzyponken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#127  Edited By fuzzyponken

Oh I forgot. Every single Final Fantasy game I've played. Or to be more precise: every single JRPG I've ever played. Fucking holy balls those games suck. I don't know why I keep trying to play them, I know they're not for me.

TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#128  Edited By TobyD81

Braid. There are still two puzzle pieces I'm missing and I refuse to use a FAQ. Now and then I put the game back on and frustrate myself for about an hour.

merlinisg0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By merlinisg0d

Far Cry 2....

fuzzyponken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By fuzzyponken
@TobyD81 said:
" Braid. There are still two puzzle pieces I'm missing and I refuse to use a FAQ. Now and then I put the game back on and frustrate myself for about an hour. "
Is one of them the one with the two doors, one key? You'll hate yourself when you figure that out.
AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#131  Edited By AlexB

Half Life 2 episode 2. I don't know why, I really love Half Life games, just for some reason I stopped playing. Got a little bored I suppose.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AlexB said:
"Half Life 2 episode 2. I don't know why, I really love Half Life games, just for some reason I stopped playing. Got a little bored I suppose. "

This is saddening. You need to finish this episode.
subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By subject2change

SMT: Nocturne most recently; too much grinding required. When I get the free time i'll give it another go from the start most likely.

OroYoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By OroYoke

Most recently, FEAR 2.  The game as boring and lost interest in continuing it to the end.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By LiquidPrince
@Video_Game_King:  Maybe you should train more... XD
Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#136  Edited By Hamst3r

1. XII
2. Deus Ex
3. The Experiment

FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By FuzzYLemoN

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat on 360. The last mission is practically impossible.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By NickL

too many to count, so i will go with probably the most suprising one which is mass effect, i played about 4 hours of it, stayed bored as hell the whole time, then quit playing

EnchantedEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#139  Edited By EnchantedEcho
  • Little Big Planet, I just got bored of the story.
  • Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts And Bolts, I really liked the demo but I just couldnt finish it :|
imMykul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By imMykul

Far cry 2, fable 2, forza motorsport 2, Burnout Paradise. All because I got bored eventually and just haven't gotten back into 'em. I still plan to someday, but we'll see how that goes..

Rapture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Rapture

Zeno Clash, for some reason i just dont like the game

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By eroticfishcake

Far Cry 2 (surprised?), Crysis (there was a bug in the last boss so I couldn't kill him), STALKER (kept crashing, even with the expansion pack), GTA IV (just didn't like it) and many more. Though not too much.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

Metroid for the NES, it's so fucking hard! 
Super Mario Bros. 2 
The Legend of Zelda 2: Links Adventure (I can never get into this one like I could with the first Zelda, I never get very far before I lose interest.)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (it's funny because I love this game but can never seem to finish it because I get distracted and stop playing it about halfway through) 
Killzone 2 campaign 
Motorstorm 
GTA 3 (see Symphony of the Night) 
Kid Icarus (I always try to pick this up but get bored within minutes of playing the first level) 
Unreal Tournament 3  
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (though I did finish this, I did it only out of respect for the franchise, as it bored me to tears. Definitely the weakest Zelda besides the one on the Phillips CDi.)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SathingtonWaltz:
Isn't Super Mario Bros. 2 the one that's notorious ungenerous to the player? The "Lost Levels" or something? Or are you talking about the one that changes radically from the formula of the first game?
falco_eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By falco_eagle

Viewtiful Joe 2 I could never get past that Tank boss

SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
@Sir_Ragnarok:  I'm referring to the fake one were you throw turnips at enemies. For this game, Nintendo took another japanese Famicom game called "Doki Doki Panic", slapped in some Super Mario Bros. sprites, and called it "Super Mario Bros. 2". The "Lost Levels" is the true SMB 2, but Nintendo of Japan never released it in the USA because it was deemed by them to be "too difficult for Amercian audiences". So seeing that they had to release some form of Mario sequel in the USA, they took an already existing game, and put Mario in the title. The game is actually quite good though, and if you think of it as Doki Doki Panic instead of a Mario game, it's easier to enjoy.
jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#147  Edited By jacksukeru
  1. Valkyrie Profile 2, Every boss battle was thougher than the next and to many characters I just couldn't leave alone. I wanted to level up everybody to realese them and just ended up exhausting myself. 
  2. Dragon Quest 8, Finished this really though boss battle (dhoulmagus) then kept going for a bit, then stopped, then didn't turn it back on. Seeing as I no longer have a PS2 for my Memory Card probably won't ever finish it. Unless I...
  3. Metal Gear Portable, a few missions in and I have no idea what to do, everyone keeps running out of stamina and I can't get it back fast enough. 
  4. Metal Gear Acid, Dude that game got hard after the first few missions. 
  5. Advance Wars: Dual Strike, same as above, I'm currently considering getting back into it though.
  6. GTA IV, Game wasn't very fun to me, my friend started playing it when he was over one time. Once he passed me I had even less motivation to get back into it. Finally, I settled for just watching him play the entire game, though he ended up making a few choices I wouldn't have. Overall though I have no regrets. 
  7. Dark Chronicle, After finishing the main quest at chapter 7 there was another dungeon, I was feeling pretty done with the game at that point though. Curiously, I returned to the game more than half a year later, invigorated and ended up finishing it. It was worth it, if only for the peace of mind it gave me.
Thanks to the VC, I was recently finally able to put the lid on one of my favourite games of my childhood, Castlevania 3. 
Finishing that game after so many years was an indescribable feeling.
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
@RockmanBionics: Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse is probably my absolute favorite game on my NES right next to The Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Bros. 3. It gives me chills every time I start the game up and here the title music. Fantastic game indeed! 
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#149  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Oblivion. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't get into it, and gave up after about 3 or 4 hours of playing it.

Demo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Demo

Dead Space. I couldn't stand the clunkiness of the controls.