Games you just gave up on

Railer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By Railer

There has been a few games I've started out on, but suddenly just stopped playing cause i lost interest.

- Assassins Creed
- Kameo
- Oblivion

That's the ones i remember from recent times.

cantona222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By cantona222

Far Cry 2
[PROTOTYPE]
Prince of Persia

but I'll come back to them some time NOT-soon :P

Travis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#153  Edited By Travis

Prototype got fucking impossible towards the end.. 
kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#154  Edited By kagato
I gave up on Sonic Unleashed, i normally have a high threshold for pain when it comes to bad games but it was just unplayable!  It actually angered me to play it so i had to send it back to the rental place.
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By c1337us

Too many to remember and for various reasons. Its been a while since I didn't make it all the way through to the end of a game though as I can't think which one it was.

ElectricHaggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#156  Edited By ElectricHaggis

Resistance 1 and 2, Alone in the Dark, Sonic Unleashed.  Those are the most recent ones I can think of.

Noted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#157  Edited By Noted

Stalker
Red Faction Guerilla
Burnout Paradise 

Yawn.... :|

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#158  Edited By Video_Game_King
@LiquidPrince: 

That's the thing, though; no matter how much I train, no matter how good the fused demons, no matter how great the strategy, the game always finds some way to screw me over. Hell, I've had the game freeze on me several times. It's a legitimate copy, no other games have done this for me, and I've read about other people experiencing these problems. Wait, I should save all this for later.
Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#159  Edited By Nate

Bully - Still mean to finish it some day, but it's been like a year and a half and I still haven't.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#161  Edited By Karmum

Far Cry 2 and Star Ocean: The Last Hope. The latter being very, very boring.

SAMCRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By SAMCRO
  • GTA IV - i started playing the story but its was just boring. Then I started playing it again just to run around and kill but that got boring
  • Assasins Creed - Same as GTA IV
  • Mercanaries 2 - just didnt like the game
SpudBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By SpudBud

Prototype
Farcry 2
GRAW 2 

I'm probably forgetting some.

Avatar image for 21stcenturyjesus
21stCenturyJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

most recently, inFamous and Resistance 2. Resistance 2 becuase I got about halfway through and didnt find anything special or interesting about it, and thus couldnt find the will to continue. As for inFamous, once i got to the second city and realised the next twi thirds of the game were going to be exactly like the first, I gave up. Also, there was not a single likeable character in that entire game.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#165  Edited By Jeust
@AlKusanagi said:
" I tried to play a Madden game for the first time since the 16-bit era (I think it was '08) and gave up after I couldn't complete a single pass. When did sports games get so complex? It's just far easier to go play the actual damn sport! I miss being able to play sports with two buttons... "
I agree... And that applies to PES and FIFA too. 

I just prefer getting on the field, to actually playing them.
Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#166  Edited By Ghostiet

Neverwinter Nights. Fuck, that game was so dull and boring, and the character motivations made me hit my desk repeatedly.

Also, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic almost hit the list thanks to the most annoying NPCs ever (Bastila. Fucking. Shan) and awful dialogue, but I still managed to end it. Shit, it's impossible that later those guys gonna make Mass Effect.

Avatar image for 21stcenturyjesus
21stCenturyJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Claude said:
"GTA IV was the biggest game I gave up on. I just could not stand doing a mission over after I failed it. . "

This was also my biggest problem with GTA 4, but i pushed through it and ended up really enjoyng that game. especially some of the final missions.
deFacto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By deFacto

I'm only 16 so I never got to play Chrono Trigger on an SNES. The battle system was just too frustrating to manage quickly on an emulator so i kind of gave up. Although abig part of that might be that I had gotten Bioshock in the middle of playing that game, so maybe ill go back later.

dancingphlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#169  Edited By dancingphlower

Diddy Kong Racing. I hated that game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The last year it's been Killzone 2 and Silent Hill: Homecoming.

Homecoming just didn't give me the SIlent Hill feel I wanted, so a few hours in without anything really gripping me, I said fuck it. I ain't even doing this shit for points
I really tried to get into Killzone 2. I mean, I got it a week early and remember writing a first impression thread here which was full of optimism.
But I never really got the feel for the controls. I get what they were doing and I thought it was clever and more realistic with the weight, but homey don't wanna play that way.
The narrative and single player campaign seldom elicited anything else from me than "Wooo, that's pretty" to "FUCK YOU RICO AND THE REST OF THE TEAM!" And I'm not a big fan team based shooters, so the multiplayer wasn't even able to spice things up.

I have way too huge of a backlog of games I want to play or other games I want to replay than to not enjoy myself with games I have.

irishjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#171  Edited By irishjohn

Test Drive Unlimited.  I don't know, it just got old very suddenly and I couldn't face playing it anymore.

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By gearhead

Too Human, got really boring, especially the parts where you traversed in the main city for plot progression.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#173  Edited By Snipzor

Neverwinter Nights, boring as hell, but I get why a lot of people find it fun. But at the same time I can't get over how damn boring it is.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#174  Edited By papercut

Wanted: Weapons of fate 

boOoooooring 

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By eric_buck

There's a couple. Marval Ultimate: Alliance, StarWars: Force Unleashed.....

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Daryl

Perfect Dark Zero - horrible controls, horrible missions, horrible lack of checkpoints.

NintenDood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By NintenDood

-Okami : Played the first few hours, and it seemed pretty much the same as any Zelda game (plus, the combat is terrible), so I just put it aside.
- Assasin's Creed : I DO NOT LIKE HIGHLY REPETITIVE GAMES.
I have a ton of games that I do like, it's just tough to find time to finish them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NintenDood said:
" -Okami : Played the first few hours, and it seemed pretty much the same as any Zelda game (plus, the combat is terrible), so I just put it aside. "
Oh yeah, I've been meaning to get back to that one.
It's the one I liked the most of the games I just stopped playing this year. I'm a huge fan of Zelda games and the game is gorgeous.  
Not a huge fan of the combat either though.
Jownac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Jownac

Assassin's Creed, Virtua Tennis 2009 and the last Turok game. 

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@FuzzYLemoN said:
" Battlefield 2: Modern Combat on 360. The last mission is practically impossible. "
That whole single player campaign is impossible!
jangofett88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By jangofett88

Test Drive Unlimited. I throw it in once in a while though, but it just moves too slow especially compared to games like Burnout Paradise.

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat. When I got to the helicopter level that was practically broken, I said, "Okay, well I'm not touching this game anymore."

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#182  Edited By ch13696
@Jeust said:
" @ch13696 said:
" Star Wars The Force Unleashed. Dude, like, are you fuckin kidding me. I'm trying to get the trophy for beating it on Sith Lord difficulty and it's fuckin hard. To the point where it's near impossible. 2 hits and your dead. I mean it's a cool idea but Lucas Arts should have spent more time with it. That should have been a game that's done by the God of War team. "
hummm but isn't that the highest setting of difficulty?  That one is made to last... :p "
I understand where your coming from. The hardest difficulty is meant to be well...hard. But with the amount of glitches in this game I can literally say that I am disappointed. Ill give one example. When fighting and AT-ST. Anytime your on the ground and it knocks you down when it stomps you have to wait for your character to get up. During that time it will shoot you with a blaster bolt and then you die. Anytime I get knocked down I try to find some way to get up faster and get back into the fight, but there's no way. The only way to beat it is to stay 20 feet away from it or stay off the ground.
Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#183  Edited By Tuggah

DeadRising (changed accounts and never really wanted to re-start)
Destroy All Humans: Path To Furon (just got bored)
Bioshock (lost interest)
skate. (couldn't do any flip tricks besides Kickflip and heelflip)
Gears Of War (story lost my interest)

BiG_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#184  Edited By BiG_Weasel
  • Ghosts N Goblins- I don't know of anyone whoever beat that game legit
  • Tetris- Hurts my head, but my wife kicks its ass. Which is why I let her pack suitcases.
  • World of Warcraft- Hit level cap, raid, make alt; Hit level cap with alt, raid, make a third alt...boring
  • Grand Theft Auto Series- There's just something about open world "sandbox" games that just don't appeal to me
Big_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#185  Edited By Big_D

Prince of Persia - glitched out on me, not allowing me to heal the land

De Blob - glitched out on me. didn't want to redo stage 

thinking about putting down GTA : Chinatown Wars because it glitched out on me

Kingdom Hearts 2 - got to the last boss but was under-leveled and i hated leveling the suits.

Stopped playing lots of other games because i didn't like them

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#186  Edited By Jeust
@ch13696 said:

" @Jeust said:

" @ch13696 said:

" Star Wars The Force Unleashed. Dude, like, are you fuckin kidding me. I'm trying to get the trophy for beating it on Sith Lord difficulty and it's fuckin hard. To the point where it's near impossible. 2 hits and your dead. I mean it's a cool idea but Lucas Arts should have spent more time with it. That should have been a game that's done by the God of War team. "

hummm but isn't that the highest setting of difficulty?  That one is made to last... :p "
I understand where your coming from. The hardest difficulty is meant to be well...hard. But with the amount of glitches in this game I can literally say that I am disappointed. Ill give one example. When fighting and AT-ST. Anytime your on the ground and it knocks you down when it stomps you have to wait for your character to get up. During that time it will shoot you with a blaster bolt and then you die. Anytime I get knocked down I try to find some way to get up faster and get back into the fight, but there's no way. The only way to beat it is to stay 20 feet away from it or stay off the ground. "
I agree... and there are other moments too, especially in boss fights, when you can be sliced with the lightsaber multiple times after being knocked down and before getting up. 

The game is uneven and broken in that...  

That's one of the reasons I never tried it in Sith Lord  :)
bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By bybeach

Theres games i need to get back to The second stalker, far cry 2(though it was beginning to drag), Fallout 3(dragging too ) 

Then there were games that I purposely folded on. Halo combat evolved- pissed me off at the very end...boring! Assasins creed,- I still have respect but..And Killzone 2-,at the very end again, but there because of difficulty. I`m coming back, it think, beat the rest of it...good game. i hate being  stymied, but sometimes it doesn`t come easy to me. Had a hell of a time with GOW gen. Ram.
teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By teptom

The only game that comes to mind is Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I just really bored and annoyed with it.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By RsistncE
@Video_Game_King said:
" What games did you, at some point, refuse to continue playing? Could it be because the game was hard, the game was bad, or that you were physically unable to finish it? I'll start by suggesting Landstalker, as I reached a point near the end of the game where I was unable to proceed further through anything I could do within the game. "
Only ever happened with fighting games for me, Street Fighter 4 being the most recent example. Can't stand the lack of evolution in that genre.
DaneGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By DaneGod

For me i would have to say persona 3. After watching the endurance run i went out and bought persona 4 beat it and loved it. Then I got persona 3 and i just cant get into it as much, the characters and story just aren't as good as 4 to me.
killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By killdave

killzone 2 single player
man - fucked up controls ....

harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By harris
@expletive said:
" Far Cry 2  Lota cool thing in that game, but it got so fucking boring.  "
This.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By iam3green

a lot of my games that i have bought. i'm working on beating them. i just beat dark sector, forza 2 and some others. i'm not sure on the next game that i'm going to play. i think it might be metal gear solid 4.

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Clean

I gave up on TMNT: Turtles in TIme. It's sequence of story-telling is equal to playing spin the bottle with strangers. It's fucking random and gross.

TimeWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By TimeWaffle

Street Fighter 4 i got tired of getting my ass handed to me every single match.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#197  Edited By asurastrike

GTAIV on the last mission.
Heavenly Sword on the last boss fight.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c96a6e99d9e
deactivated-59c96a6e99d9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sam1193 said:
" Assassin's Creed. I just got bored. "
I feel your pain. Such bad memories of that game. I actually suffered through the entire thing, but to this day I don't understand why people hold AC with such high regard. I guess it's kind of a love it or hate it thing. 

Didn't finish Nuts and Bolts. Really loved it, but I ended up seeing a friend playing with all the unlocked items and doing endgame stuff. That always turns me off towards finishing games. Same thing happened with KOTOR.
Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@brooksee: With KOTOR, I couldn't go back through a second time. Once you know the peak of your abilities, it's hard to get nerfed down to lackluster aim with blasters. 
Katakalypto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Katakalypto

Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox - Insanely hard and frustrating.
 Assassin's Creed - Got really repetitive.