• 75 results
musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#51  Edited By musubi

My most recent S-Rank was Final Fantasy XIII-2. I'm currently playing Devil May Cry HD collection and think I might pound on that for a while and see if I can't get a plat trophy for a few of the games.

Scottish_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#52  Edited By Scottish_Sin

@D43M0N said:

I'm a Gamerscore tragic so I've already gone down this road; the only one I missed lately is Skyrim because of the stupid Daedric items and one where you can fudge it so you get the requisite amounts. I'm going back to the Saboteur to give that a go though; such a fun game.

That's what happened to me. I never realised there were only 15 possible artifacts until I put a further 60+ hours in and completed the main story. I took a couple of months break away from it and have recently come back to Skyrim to get that last achievement. I had to revert to a 30+ hour save and pretty much have to do all those Daedric quests again to get it. No matter though, the break did me good and I'm glad to be back playing that game.

As for me with S Ranks in general though, I usually go for it if I really enjoy that game or I think it's really doable.

oldjack327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By oldjack327

Alice- Madness Returns

I loved the original so playing through that again was a given, and then I devoured the sequel. While I'll admit it was seriously longer than it should have been (and missed several good boss opportunities) I still did truly enjoy basking in the eerie glow of that demented world.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#54  Edited By gla55jAw

Borderlands, I had to do it a few times with the DLC, and I still have to go back and finish the final DLC to get my S rank back.

efman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By efman

I usually don't try to S-rank story-based games if for no other reason than because I feel like I'm placing myself outside of the game and, really, not good enough to pull some of the stuff off the game requires from me. Some of it gets downright punishing. I only find myself getting into that sort of completionist compulsion loop when it's a twitch-based game. Never really fell into the whole meta-game addiction of scoring on games.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By AlexW00d

None, I find achievement hunting so utterly dumb.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By strainedeyes

I played the hell out of Dark Souls on the PS3, and I decided to get it again for the 360 and focus on S Ranking it. It was a fun ride!

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By Karl_Boss

Alpha Protocol definitely was a drag to S-Rank....I enjoyed the game, but the amount of playthroughs I went through to S-Rank it was too much.

Cliver Barker's Jericho was a boring S-Rank too.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#59  Edited By Addfwyn

All games I have determined to Platinum that I own. Even games I don't particularly like, those unfilled progress bars on my trophy screen just actively bother me. If I can possibly platinum a game in one play through (like ME2 or God of War 3) then I will do so. In some cases it's spoiled game experiences for me, cause I will always play the hardest available difficulty my first time through for achievements.

Currently, a combination of Catherine, Resonance of Fate, and Assassin's Creed: Revelations are my focus.

JJGIANT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#60  Edited By JJGIANT

@Xdsk said:

I try and S rank all the games i buy, but generally end up shelving the game im working on when something new comes along.

Yeah I always set out with good intentions but get easily distracted very quickly.

KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#61  Edited By KillyDarko

None, to be honest. I really don't care much for achievements...

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By BBQBram

When LA Noire came out I was all over that shit. S-Ranked it and that's including all the DLC. My other S-Ranks are (off the top of my head) Assassin's Creed II, Pacman Champhionship Edition DX, Costume Quest, Plants vs. Zombies. I think that's it. But I'm very close to obtaining the desired S-Rank in;

Deus Ex: Human Revolution;

Batman: Arkham Asylum;

Batman: Arkham City;

Rage;

Limbo, and a bunch of other XBLA games.

Let's get to it then.

TooSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By TooSweet

I've yet to S-Rank anything. I'm tempted with Saints Row the Third though.

criacow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#64  Edited By criacow

I've mostly S-Ranked downloadable games at this point (Costume Quest, for example). I think Dragon Age: Origins is going to be the first full-length one I actually get.

(Dark Souls might be next, although it might just kill me for trying. a few thousand times.)

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#65  Edited By OldGuy
@Kenshinfan818 said:

So my girlfriend got me L.A Noire as a birthday gift last year, and even though I left it home from school I know it's the first game I'm playing when I get back home. I just have the huge urges to S rank it and beat it 100 percent. What are some other games you guys have played that you weren't satisfied beating once, but you wanted to 100 percent it.

I try to S-Rank most of the games I play (I've got 40 of 'em, after all)... though I get sucked away sometimes (Ooo! Shiny!), multiplayer isn't quite fun enough (it's fun, mind you, but not quite there for me to get most of the Achievements associated with it) and sometimes I'm just not good enough (three more bats in combat challenges that I just can't get in Arkham Asylum; the stupid shooting gallery and asteroids in Dead Space <grrr, give me a mouse and keyboard!>; Hard to the Core in Dead Space 2 <haven't tried it, but I fear it will break me>)...

Have "fun" hunting for the last 5 cars to drive (well, sit in the drivers seat) in L. A. Noire!
TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#66  Edited By TehFlan
morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#67  Edited By morrelloman

If you can't s-rank in 3 playthru's or don't have the option to chapter select then no s-rank. The only one I ever have is Mass Effect 2.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Barrock

I ruined LA Noire with my S-Ranking ways. Followed a guide to be perfect. I regret that so much.

chan05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#69  Edited By chan05

I only S-ranked Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (before the DLC). I'm working on Just Cause 2 for a long time now. I'm definetly going to S-rank it since there are only 3 achievments left. Also I almost S-ranked Forza 2 and 3 but I just can't get the stupid "Get all Asian cars" achievment!

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Milkman

Here's how my thought process usually goes: "Oh man, I'm gonna S-Rank the shit out this game!" *gets like half the achievements* "Ehhhhhh...."

Kenshinfan818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Kenshinfan818

I'm pretty close to S ranking Bastion on Steam. I love that game so I barely noticed how close I was.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Vexxan

I mostly S-rank arcade games, usually it doesn't take that much time and I also play way more arcade games than 'regular' games.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#73  Edited By sins_of_mosin

I had to get Fable 2 1000/1000 and I did and was quite happy about it. Same with Borderlands which I got 1750/1750. I've gotten full points for a lot of other games both retail and XBL as well but those two I'll tell people every time. :D

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#74  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Mass Effect series. I've finished 2 and I'm close to finishing 1. I'll get to 3 at some point.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#75  Edited By musubi

@Vexxan: Go S-Rank Smash T.V. and I shall be in awe of you forever.