Games you like but make you motion sick

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

So I got jazz punk on the steam summer sale and I love it. But after 30 mins I start to feel sick.and the same pattern thenext time I played too. I'll p at it but going to be a while till I finish if I take 30mim sessions.

What games do you like that you can't play in long sessions or make you motion sick?

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By LeStephan

Deadly prenomition on ps3 is the only game to ever get me motion sick. I was fine on my old 30something inch tv but playing it now on my 45 inch tv makes me nauseous in 5 minutes. sitting farther away does help a little but I cant sit far enough from the tv for it to make enough of a difference. When controlling the car ingame im actually ok but the camerawork when turning as francis york morgan combined with the small fov is really something else.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

@pufferfiz: Same with you Jazzpunk was a game I wanted to enjoy more leisurely but had to power through fast 'cause it just made me sick. You might be able to go into the ini file and adjust the fov but I'm not sure. Another game I bought and wanted to get into but couldn't 'cause of motion sickness was Dyad.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By conmulligan

Jazzpunk is literally the only game to ever give me motion sickness. I ended up ditching it after 45 minutes or so because I couldn't muscle through it.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

I felt terrible after playing Jazzpunk. Not motion sick, I just hated it.

The only game I can think of recently is Battlefield 1. I had been playing it on my 50 inch plasma TV for a while with no problem. When I moved house, I thought I'd move it over to my newer LED TV which I thought might look better. Made me horribly motion sick. Tried fiddling around with settings to no avail. Ended up just moving the PS4 back to the plasma which solved the problem. Not sure what caused it exactly.

cyberbloke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most things on to PSVR, unfortunately.

I wasn't too bad until I tried Driveclub, and I think sticking with it may have ruined me on VR.

Even going to the PSN store to look at VR games brings on the sweats, now!

My brain just does not want to go there.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't think of any game that's actually made me motion sick

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I get motion sickness fairly easily but rarely playing games.

The only time this has occurred is when the FOV slider is too high for the distance between my eyes and the screen.

StrawHat_NPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is a game that made me super motion sick. Which sucks cos I wanted to play more of of it but couldn't.

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

Not sure what is wrong with Jazzpunk,. but it did a real number on me as well.

Thankfully, I can't think of many, if any, recent games that have given me proper trouble. There are some that cause discomfort which I can adapt to or work around.

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

Psychonauts. I can never complete the game because of it. I'm normally cool with 3rd persons but the camera angles in this game make me nauseous.

Jibanyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jibanyan

I managed to play through the entirety of it, but it's really hard to play Doom for longer than even 45 minutes without getting motion sick. Man.

Also, I watched a stream of somebody playing Jazzpunk for about 30 minutes and felt like I was gonna barf, so I turned it off. Seems like I'm not the only one!

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No game really, but relatively recently some games that allow or have you jump off a building, or simply jump down off somewhere from high up, I have gotten vertigo or something to a very slight degree. Also, I can't really play any game for long standing up.

Fezrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two games I can think of (there might've been others when I was a child; I dunno):

Dying Light: Something about the head bob and FOV combination was terrible for me; and I was never able to get it sorted out.

Senran Kagura: I have no idea what the issue here is (PC version). My guess is that something is off in the refresh rate, because I can just be looking at a static menu screen and I'll start feeling queasy within 5 minutes.

tomaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just some stuff in VR. The moment framerate drops even for a second I start to get sick. I was fighting through nausea while playing Project CARS in VR. Nothing on flat screen that I can think of.

TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Revisiting Katamari Damacy (the first one anyway) and Spyro give me motion sickness now. Which sucks cause I like Katamari. The Unfinished Swan did. A lot of older first person shooters did. I'm fairly susceptible to it unfortunately (though FOV in modern games tend to be better).

tomgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the game but can't play Wolfenstein New Order on PS4 for more than twenty minutes. Not sure what the PC version would be like but don't want to purchase it a second time just to have another 'vomputer' game I can't play. (My apologies).

Anyone else have the same problem? Was thinking it was due to it being 60fps on PS4? I've got a plasma TV and it's on game mode so shouldn't be a lag issue....?

Avatar image for deactivated-62a15eaa84378
deactivated-62a15eaa84378

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bioshock Infinite, Halo and the remastered version of Uncharted all make me feel sick within 15 mins. I've played and beaten all them, but could only play in hour long chunks. I'd have to lay down for about 2 hours afterwards in order to feel normal again.

mcbisquick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Half-Life 2 was pretty bad for me when it came to this. One hour of playing and I would need to lie down for awhile. I had it a little bit with Portal, as well, although it was more minor. Like @thewildcard, The Unfinished Swan could get get pretty rough. And like @beefygrandmole, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter was nearly unplayable for me until recently finding a setting that seemed to ease up enough for me to play through it.

It's almost always FPS games exclusively, but I don't know enough to explain why some FPS games make me feel like garbage while most are perfectly fine. Just something I have to be a little careful about.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

The only game related thing that made me motion sick was an early Oculus tech demo, which was also the first and only time in VR. I think Unity developed it. It was a recreation of some scenes in The Matrix. The main components were Morpheus explaining the world of the real and the Neo's first jump. Before you jump, you take a few steps back. Moving backwards unexpectedly like that--not the world phasing in and out, or falling down on top of the building, or the jump itself--messed me up. I felt a little light headed and almost felt like throwing up a good 15 minutes after that demo.

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By DarkShaper

Antichamber made me super sick

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

For some reason both Watch Dogs and Tomb Raider made me feel a little queasy when I first starting playing them - something I don't think I've ever really experienced before. It got better after about an hour of play once I got used to the camera distance/placement, FOV, or whatever else was causing me to feel iffy. I might also just be getting older and more susceptible to motion sickness, maybe.

GuitarGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

a videogame has never made my motion sick

i think VR would probably make me a little uncomfortable, but that's about it

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Most first person games make me sick, so games in that genre I love like Mirror's Edge, Antechamber or Portal have to do something fantastic to overcome it.

Persona 5 has a stupid vignette-effect in dungeons that makes me ill. I've been having a very difficult time with it because I can't play the dungeons for more than an hour without getting significant pain.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The first two inFamous games on PS3 got me quite good due to the uncapped frame rate. So it would normally run at 30 but if you got up close to a wall and there wasn't much on screen, the frame rate would go up to 60. Always made me queasy and I never made it fully through the first game.

Most recently, The Witness on PS4 made me feel sick after playing for mere minutes, so I eventually just stopped and never went back...

Bamse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3D minesweeper

MVHVTMV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MVHVTMV

The Witness is the only game that's ever made me feel sick, but it was brilliant so I powered through anyway. I don't know what it was about that game, but something just completely wrecked me.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#29  Edited By JJWeatherman

It's super interesting to see so many others bring up Jazzpunk. Seriously, what's the deal? Makes me sick too. I couldn't ever finish it, which really sucks. Same issue with Half Life 2. Never finished that one either. The original Half Life on PS2 made me incredibly ill for the better part of a day one time because I didn't really realize what was happening to me and I refused to stop until it was super bad.

God, motion sickness sucks.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The original soul reaver, it was a pain to play through even though i loved it. Got it again on dreamcast and it was a bit better but still rough on me.