Games you want to complete but just CAN'T!

• 82 results
liquidmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#1  Edited By liquidmatt

Hello there Giant Bombers! 

Today I was wondering if there has ever been a game/games that you really want to get through or have more time to play, but for some reason just can't get round to it? 

For example - I love the Final Fantasy series and have desperately tried to complete FFXIII for months now, but everytime I put it in I get frustrated and end up turning it off, having progressed nearly nowhere. Another example would be the 60-odd games I have on Steam due to Steam sales and/or multi-buys but just lack the time to get through right now - I've replayed the first chapter of Magicka four times because I keep running out of time to finish it!

lhaymehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lhaymehr

I never finished Assassins creed (1, 2, or 3 if it exists). It bored me numb. I'd like to finish at least the first one just so I can say I have it under my belt, but that aint gonna happen prolly.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By JoeyRavn

Red Dead Redemption. I love that game, but I lose the will to finish it after two or three days of playing it. I will, eventually.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic
DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By DeeGee

I would love to complete Bioshock, but the thought of that horrible, horrible gameplay turns me off. I hear Bioshock 2 made the shooting less horrible, but sacrifices the great story of the first. I can't win.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hatking

I have Alan Wake, Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, Godfather 2 and Turok that I own and have never finished.  Granted two of those (I imagine you can all guess which two) I got at a bargain bin price knowing well that there was a good chance I wouldn't enjoy them enough to finish them.  The other two (Alan Wake and Banjo Kazooie for those that couldn't piece it together) are both great games that I just haven't been up for putting much more time in on.  Perhaps I'll give one of them another shot this weekend with my free time.

Surkov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Surkov

Mass Effect. I can't get out of the Citadel. 

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@DeeGee said:

I would love to complete Bioshock, but the thought of that horrible, horrible gameplay turns me off. I hear Bioshock 2 made the shooting less horrible, but sacrifices the great story of the first. I can't win.

Bioshock 2's shooting is equally as horrible.
morecowbell24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 37

#9  Edited By morecowbell24

I've started so many that I'd like to devote time to and finish, and the reason I don't is because is partially because they feel so outdated. 

Just recently, Baldur's Gate, Fallout, Jade Empire, Silent Hill 2, Final Fantasy III (VI), Indigo Prophecy, and Deus Ex. I can't play any of them for very long without getting stuck, bored, mad, or annoyed by the clunky controls

DrHawking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By DrHawking

Metro 2033. Love the atmosphere and story but the gameplay really makes it hard to finish.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

You mean like a gaming Mt. Everest? I've got a ton of those.

• Metroid Prime 1-3
  • Knights of the Old Republic
  • Freedom Force
  • Deus Ex
  • Fallout 2
Just to name a few.
Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darksiders. I LOVE the game, I just can't seem to find a good time to play it.  Okami is another, I'm SOO close to finishing it, I just got side tracked and never got around to finishing it.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Cloudenvy

Red Faction: Guerilla, Killzone 3, STALKER: CoP, Just Cause 2, Half-Life 2 and all the episodes, Far Cry 2 and Bioshock 2.

That's just recently!

jmfinamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jmfinamore

Majora's Mask is a big one for me. I've started it like 4 times. I just don't like the time travel mechanic at all. Also, Metroid Prime 2. Every time I pop it in, I get the same waypoint. I try to go towards it and hit the same roadblock and I don't care enough to explore my way around it. Though I'm pretty sure my data got corrupted, so that's something. 

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By emergency

@JoeyRavn said:

Red Dead Redemption. I love that game, but I lose the will to finish it after two or three days of playing it. I will, eventually.

Same here.

liquidmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#16  Edited By liquidmatt
@Turtlebird95 said:
Darksiders. I LOVE the game, I just can't seem to find a good time to play it.  Okami is another, I'm SOO close to finishing it, I just got side tracked and never got around to finishing it.
Same actually! Darksiders was a lot better than I was expecting but I just didn't have time to play it so I lent it to my girlfriend and now she doesn't have time to play it either! It must be one of those things!
Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Skytylz

La Noire, I kinda got tired half way through disc 2 and never picked it up again.  

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

Bionic Commando, tired so many times... I REALLY want to see the wife-arm...

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By craigbo180
@DeeGee said:

Exactly my problem! I thought I was alone in this thinking, I will probably sit down and finish it one day though. Perhaps when I know a new console is coming.
Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Aronman789

New Vegas, I like the atmosphere and story, but I always lose the will to go on once I reach Fortification Hill. 

Also Super Meat Boy, for reasons I shouldn't have to explain.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ghostiet

Heroes of Might and Magic V with expansions. I just don't know. Maybe it's the sluggish tempo.

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

All the infinite-feeling games with QUESTS upon QUESTS, like S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl, Borderlands, Oblivion, The Witcher .. I firmly believe that those games have no ending
The Witcher is only full of quests in Chapter II. The rest of the game is pretty alright in that regard.
CptPanda29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CptPanda29

DN:F, I wan't to say that I've beaten it but I just don't want to play it.

LA Noire is fun but when I can connect evidence to a person and the game can't it infuriates me, and the wrong answer noise pushes me to stop playing.

Random88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Random88

Persona 3 Portable.  My PSP screen is broken, I really need to get it fixed.

saethir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By saethir

Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean. Couldn't get past one of the late game bosses. I recently went back to it, to find I had forgotten how the combat worked, and did not feel the need to relearn it. One day.

Mirror's Edge. I love that game until a bunch of people start shooting you.

Neverwinter Nights 2. After playing DA:O, going back to the movement/camera controls in this game involves a steep relearning curve.

Monopoly. Every time I get close to beating this game, I get sent to jail. That, and the Banker is an asshole who is embezzling from the railroad business he owns on the side. Cheating scumbag.

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ
@Ahmad_Metallic: Borderlands definitely has an ending in terms of story line, side missions and leveling/skill. But STALKER and oblivion  really don't end, it's like they go on forever...
valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By valrog

The Saboteur.
Bethesda games. Oh wait, I don't want to complete those.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ShaneDev

Alpha Protocol was a game I got kinda bored with towards the end and I think I was very near the end but I stopped playing and never went back, the same thing happened with New Vegas. I had very little interest in seeing how the main story would end so I just kept messing around until I did everything worth doing and never went back, leaving the main story unfinished. Hilariously Deus Ex is also a game I never finished. That game is so damn long and drawn out that I lose interest towards the end and have to this day never finished it, although I got really close. I'll probably finish it before Human Revolution comes out.

Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Portis

Beyond Good & Evil HD.

I really want to experience the story and see more of the characters, but I just don't like playing the game. At all.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#29  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Right now, it's Metal Gear Solid 4 in the CAN'T category. The stealth mission where you have to follow the civilian is nearly impossible for me due to visual problems and limitations. It sucks, but there's nothing for it, so I'll wait on the next one.

In the WON'T category, Final Fantasy XIII is the clear winner. I just don't have the patience for it, and I'm absolutely stuck on one boss fight. The Last Remnant, similarly, I just won't beat. I enjoyed the game, but the randomness of the attacks makes a certain mid-game boss battle fucking rough, and after restarting it at least seven times, I gave up.

RagingLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By RagingLion

The Void - it's a dark world and I feel like  I have to have emotional energy to play it which isn't a mood I'm always readily in despite my strong desire to play it.

TheLeamenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31  Edited By TheLeamenator
@DeeGee: Why the hell does everybody keep speaking ill of Bioshock's gameplay? There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's fun.
Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Half-Life 2, Dragon Age 2 come to mind immediately.

Godak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Godak

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together. I love it so, SO much. For some inexplicable reason, I cannot muster the energy to do the last mission (I saw the completed "The World" map thingy, so I know it is the final thingy!). Maybe I'm just worried that the ending will be unfulfilling. Maybe I am just a lazy bastard.

jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#34  Edited By jkuc316
@Sparky_Buzzsaw: Yeah I'm having problems with that Missions too. I have done it lots of times before, but now I just can't.

Also: Resistance: Fall of Man. Those outdated controls I try to live with, but when I die lots of times, I just get frustrated and play Resistance 2.

Oh and HL 2, I'm having trouble getting to the place.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#35  Edited By JJWeatherman

Half Life. The original. I. Just. Can't.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BulletproofMonk

Demon's Souls.

zyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By zyte
@Aronman789 said:
New Vegas, I like the atmosphere and story, but I always lose the will to go on once I reach Fortification Hill.
Ditto. 

Same with Oblivion, on the quest where you have to find a Daedric artifact.
bakumatsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#38  Edited By bakumatsu

Persona 3: FES and Persona 4.. I just don't have time with so other games to play and things to do...Also Oblivion and Okami.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ajamafalous

Half-Life 2. I've tried like four times.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By crusader8463

Off the top of my head Deus Ex comes to mind. I played it when it first came out but I was too young and stupid to figure out how to get through it. Now it's just a tad too old to really appreciate it for what it did, no matter how much I try to put myself into the mindset of when it came out.

Runner-Up: Baldur's Gate 2 

I try to replay it all the time, but I just can't get past the super low resolution, and the high resolution mods make the text unreadably small. I really wish Bioware would remake that game in a newer engine.

Farley_Lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#41  Edited By Farley_Lives

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, really got into it only to have my save data get corrupted, losing 10 hours of progress could never get back into it. Same thing happened to me with Fallout: New Vegas. I ether need to learn to make a new save every hour or stop buying Bethesda games.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By benjaebe

LA Noire. Assassins Creed: Brotherhood. Dead Space 2. Final Fantasy XIII. I'm pretty poor at catching up with my backlog.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By unsolvedparadox

Red Dead Redemption, one day I'll get through it...

zyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By zyte
@Farley_Lives: You need to learn to patch your games! :)
FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By FritzDude

Yes. The Witcher 1. Because the game will crash on me and corrupts my save file too often. If anyone can help me with this send me a PM or visit the thread on the witcher forums here. It's annoying because i love that game.

ikaruga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ikaruga
@morecowbell24 said:
I've started so many that I'd like to devote time to and finish, and the reason I don't is because is partially because they feel so outdated.  Just recently, Baldur's Gate, Fallout, Jade Empire, Silent Hill 2, Final Fantasy III (VI), Indigo Prophecy, and Deus Ex. I can't play any of them for very long without getting stuck, bored, mad, or annoyed by the clunky controls
for old RPGs you should do what I do just turn the combat to easy and enjoy the story and the world. I did that with planescape torment and BG2 recently (the old combat isn't nearly as good as I remembered)
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By toowalrus

@liquidmatt: @lhaymehr: @Turtlebird95: @DeeGee: @HatKing: Those are ALL excellent games that deserve finishing!!

...that said, I can't fucking finish Half-Life. I've tried playing both 1 and 2, and I just don't get what people see in it. Maybe i'll try again later this summer...

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Example1013

@Zyte said:

@Farley_Lives: You need to learn to patch your games! :)

That doesn't even matter. Oblivion has always been and will always be unstable. I've got all the patches, both official and unofficial, and all the bugfixes and everything installed, and it still crashed on me and I lost an hour of gameplay. I almost lost my whole save file, but luckily there was a backup from when I first entered the dungeon I was in. The game still crashes. Fallout is probably even worse because of how much extra shit they've tried to cram into the engine.

The only way to not get frustrated at Oblivion is to leave auto-save on, and save all the time. Don't even bother overwriting save files, because if your files become corrupt, you lose it all. There is no fix, and at this point there will likely never be a fix.

Klaimore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Klaimore

I've tried Dragon Age but I can never get into it.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Nekroskop

I have about 100 games(PS2/3, X360, NGC and PC) that I've never completed. It just keeps piling up. Halp!