Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Beaten

• Shovel Knight
  • Azkend 2
  • Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (again)

Playing

• Ys Origin
  • Furi
  • Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

among other things.

Limiter31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Beaten:

• Trails of Cold Steel
  • Trails of Cold Steel 2

Abandoned:

• Witcher 3

W3 is a difficult game to come back to. With 2017 releases, My backlog is just getting bigger.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

GAMES I HAVEBEATEN

The Witcher 3 (Base Game, 8.5/10): Finally. While I understand the praise for this game relative and would heap much of the same on it myself, I do think that this game was overstuffed with duplicate armor and weapons, far, far, far too much junk, and just enough side quests that by the time the stakes was high (to paraphrase De la Soul) it became a bit of a different game for me, and also far too obvious how limited CD Projekt Red's engine was when it came to cutscenes. I played the game for 30 hours pre-patch before I started over, and I'm about halfway through the Hearts of Stone expansion now so I'd be a terrible liar if I said I didn't absolutely enjoy my time with The Witcher 3, but I also spread it out over the course of nearly two years for a reason. Going directly from this game to Horizon: Zero Dawn reveals a lot of the polish CDPR put on the story elements big and small, but also just how vapid its combat became once the novelty of coming across new monsters wore off a dozen or so hours in.

GAMES I AM PLAYING

Batman: A Telltale Series: I appreciate what this game does to turn much of the given Batman lore on its head, but I'm not compelled to play through it very quickly and I can't put a finger on why other than I'm just not in the mood right now.

Wolfenstein: A New Order: Seems like a pretty mediocre game but I can't really tell how much of that has to do with playing it after, rather than before, DOOM. To the point I'm at I can't believe this game got so much praise for its story at the time, personally I just wasn't into it while I was playing. I haven't touched this in over a month because whenever I try to boot it up, I just get a black screen which appears to be a common issue with the PS4 version. Unlike others, I just take it as a sign my time with this game may be at its end, and I'll likely be deleting it to make space for something else soon.

Tales from the Borderlands: My girlfriend doesn't play many video games, but she did have a phase with Telltale games on her iPad back when Lee and Clementine were first introduced to the world, and one of her students last semester was obsessed with Borderlands so we decided to give this game a shot. Neither of us having much history with the Borderlands universe, we enjoyed the first episode but have let binge watching old seasons of Top Chef get in the way of coming back for the rest.

The Last of Us: Remastered: Similarly, she's had more than one student explain to her how The Last of Us was the best game of the past five years, and I'd been itching to play it ever since that trailer dropped for Chapter 2, so we've been slowly making our way through this - far slower than I'd like, to be honest, at a pace of about two hours every three or four weeks, or just far enough apart that she can't remember exactly what was going on when we last left off - and I'm still blown away by just how terrific a production this was.

NBA 2K17: My darkest shame is I let this game convince me to spend $200 on Virtual Currency (to 2K Sports' credit, at least they lack the shame to try and fancy their e-money up with a clever title; it's jsut Virtual Currency) for card packs in its MyTeam mode. I'm most disappointed in myself not because the card rewards weren't good (I actually basically changed my entire lineup afterwards for the better) but because A) I still don't play the game enough to justify spending that $200 and B) I never will because MLB The Show is coming out at the end of the month and its Diamond Dynasty mode is far, far better at providing a constant drip of rewards that doesn't inspire you to drain your wallet. NBA 2K has been my favorite sports franchise practically from the moment it crossed over to Playstation platforms, but this year I had my first experience with their Ultimate Team scenario and have come away largely disgusted with their approach to it, even as I hang my head in acknowledgement that I became part of the problem last month.

GAMES I'D LIKE TO BE PLAYING SOON BUT VERY LIKELY WILL BE PLAYING MONTHS FROM NOW BECAUSE MLB THE SHOW IS COMING OUT AT THE END OF THE MONTH

Tomb Rise of the Tomb Raider 20th Anniversary Edition

Titanfall 2 (campaign)

Inresurrection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far just Hyper Light Drifter and Dark Souls 3.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hardly any because of the mighty Overwatch.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Games I've beaten:

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

ICO

Uncharted 2

Dragon Ball Z Budokai

God of War

What I'm currently playing:

Sonic 3 & Knuckles

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Though I do have a save file with me basically on the Elite Four's door in Pokemon Y so should probably finish that at some point.

Kamui97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I beat the Witness last month. That's it.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

1. Resident Evil 7 - 75 - (26/01)
  2. Nioh - 85 - (14/02)
  3. Horizon: Zero Dawn - 80 - (05/03)
Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far only:

January:

Watch_Dogs 2 (8/10)

Trails in the Sky SC (8-9/10 - 32 Hours)

Super Metroid (9/10 - 4:14)

February:

(None - Life got in the way)

March:

Yakuza 0 (8-9/10, 32 hours)

Avatar image for madu_scientisto
Madu_Scientisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Madu_Scientisto

Games I've beaten so far in 2017

Trails of Cold Steel II

Great first half, second half is a bit of a slog at times but the ending paid off – lots of dumb plot twists and ANIME AS FUCK. Bit of a lack of character development for most of the party members, which is a shame.

Inside

Pretty cool, but I'm not as big a fan as some people.

Pillars of Eternity

Started playing this one about 1.5 years ago I think? Started over twice after putting about 20 hours in on each character, and then lost saves (old computer died RIP) so had to start over again and got about 15 hours in on a new playthrough before I took a break – picked up again last month. Combat can be quite a slog (there's a lot of it!), and although I wasn't a huge fan of the main story, the characters were pretty well written and the side quests were nice. Pretty interesting setting as well (better than people give it credit for I think), High Fantasy in Feudal Not-Post-Revolutionary-United States. Also in the backstory they killed a living God with a magic bomb (Nuke?) – Good stuff, looking forward to the sequel!

Undertale

Same as Pillars I started playing this a while back, just recently finished it and it was well worth it. Got quite bummed out by the combat (because I'm really bad at it) but the ending (Neutral->Pacifist in one playthrough) completely won me over. What beautiful dumb game.

Oxenfree

It's real good! Teens! Really like the dialogue system even though it's sometimes a bit too fast for me as a second-language speaker.

Playing

Uncharted 2 (as part of the remastered trilogy)

Plays a lot better than the first one, which is nice I guess, not really digging the characters or the story though – too many clichés and not the kind of clichés I like, starting to feel this series is just not for me.

Crusader Kings (AKA Horse-Pope-Incest-Simulator 2017)

I'm a bit of a scrub at this game, only about 1600 hours in. Recently fed a bunch of Freys to a dragon in the Game of Thrones mod as Jon SnowStarkTargaryen – it's pretty good.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I played through VA-11-hall-A again and played through Night In The Woods twice.

I play a lot of games, don't finish a lot of games.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Egg, Inc. Or at least as much as one could beat a clicker.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

• Tokyo Mirage Sessions (a second time)
  • Fire Emblem Heroes (still going strong every day)
  • Tap Titans 2 (prestiged once so far)
  • Clash Royale (a little less right now, but still regularly)
  • Hitman (still playing on the semi-reg)
  • Yakuza 0 (my current game, I'm 6 chapters in so far)

I have Zelda sitting here ready to go once I'm done with Yakuza. I'm also playing Infinity Wars Reborn. It's been a busy start to the year, so I've not had a ton of time - I've only really "finished" TMS#FE this year (which was basically an end-of-year "gonna play this again because it was my fave thing from last year). Mobile games going strong; though I had to seriously slow down on Tap Titans 2 because I started actually getting some real RSI-style pains in my right wrist, which has never been an issue for me before. Thankfully now I've stopped full-tapping it's subsided. Going to play that much more leisurely now. Look after your body, kids.

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#65  Edited By devise22

I have beaten Ninja Senki DX, Saints Row 4 Re elected, Hitman Season 1 this far in 2017. Also tons of Overwatch. Currently making my way through FF15 and booted back into Shadows of Mordor after seeing unfinished for Shadow of War and remembering i only got like 8 hours into the first. I can confirm a few years later killing orcs is still a fun time.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ThePanzini

Beaten in 2017

• DOOM
  • Battlefield 1
  • Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence ‑ Ascension
  • Transformers: Devastation
  • Dead Island - Definitive Edition
  • Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas
  • Fallout 4: Nuka World
  • Stories: The Path of Destinies
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider: Croft Manor, Cold Darkness
  • Not A Hero
  • The Deadly Tower of Monsters
  • The Swapper
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Inside

Currently playing

• Headlander
  • Zelda Breath of the Wild

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

Beaten?

• "Glittermitten Grove"
  • Does Hitman Bonus Mission count?
  • Breath of the Wild

Currently playing?

• Breath of the Wild
  • Heroes of the Storm
  • Shovel Knight Treasure Trove (sparingly)
  • Overwatch (sparingly)
  • Hearthstone (sparingly)
elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon