Gamespot Fuse.....seems familiar

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#101  Edited By rjayb89

This is a good news.  This will make the design team work harder.

edtwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By edtwo

Well, Giant Bomb did it first, so on that gamespot

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By zeforgotten

This does seem familiar, but it didn't start on Giantbomb that's for sure. 

Are we gonna go crazy each time a website does something "new" ?  
"OMG! This website totally used the letters G, I, A, N, T, B,O, and M in one of their blogs/reviews. Such a giantbomb ripoff!" 
Fucking kids

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#104  Edited By Milkman

I was going to make a thread about this yesterday but didn't know if it would start just a big GameSpot bashing thread but....

Yeah, fuck that shit.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#105  Edited By MrKlorox

Ooh! Finally PC achievements that draw from both GFWL and Steam instead of grouping both GFWL and XBL achievements together. I kinda wish the bomb had that.

But that's really the only better thing I see about it.

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#106  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

Fuse sounds dumb. Copying or taking inspiration from the opposition happens all the time. Take video games as a very obvious example - Castlevania Lords of Shadow and Dante's Inferno took inspiration from God of War. So while it may be blatant, this is just stuff that happens. That said, they forgot number 12 at the bottom of that list:

12) Did we rip off Giant Bomb?

Yes.
baba2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By baba2

Whiskey Media sites are the future, how long have we had the feature that they're trying to claim is new?

Ridiculous.

Edit: I was being ignorant, I didn't even read the Gamespot page. But even if Raptr had it before GB, they weren't the ones to make it easily usable to an audience. That I can find anyway.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#108  Edited By natetodamax

All the Gamespotters will be like "OH MAN THIS IS SO COOL I WISH OTHER SITES HAD THIS"

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#109  Edited By Snail
@natetodamax said:
" All the Gamespotters will be like "OH MAN THIS IS SO COOL I WISH OTHER SITES HAD THIS" "
And all the Gamespoters will look up and shout: "THIS IS SO ORIGINAL!"

And we'll look down and whisper:

"No."
Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#110  Edited By buzz_killington

I mean some other websites have been doing this for years, I remember seeing stuff like this on Facebook back in '07. I can't imaging the GB boys being pissed off at this.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By TheHT

Great, good for them. Now Gamespot users can enjoy the feature.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#112  Edited By Karmum

Can't really call something "innovative" when another website has had it for a year plus. Thought it seemed familiar to another website when I checked it out a few days ago.

I wonder what website though? Then again, I can't imagine Giant Bomb being the first website to have some type of achievement tracking. In between Gamespot and this website, it does win. Nothing much else to see from "Gamespot Fuse."

Even the name sounds dumb.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#113  Edited By mosdl

Begun the video game website wars have...

Lets hope this doesn't make sites add too gimmicky things to compete

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#114  Edited By natetodamax
@TheHT said:

" Great, good for them. Now Gamespot users can enjoy the feature. "

They could have enjoyed it sooner if they had switched over to Giant Bomb, the better site..... 

Bam.
TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By TheHT
@natetodamax said:
" @TheHT said:

" Great, good for them. Now Gamespot users can enjoy the feature. "

They could have enjoyed it sooner if they had switched over to Giant Bomb, the better site.....  Bam. "
If they like it there, why switch over just for this? Now they can be where they like and still enjoy it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

Thats lame, oh well at least we know who truly deserves the credit for the brilliant ideas that others try to copy.

Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 12

#117  Edited By Ferginator4k

Giantbomb, because the popularity of Gamespot has waned.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#118  Edited By LordAndrew
@FreakAche said:
" It's shocking how few members of the current Gamespot community even know who Jeff, Brad, Ryan, and Vinny are. Most of the members there will just see this as a cool new feature on their favorite website. "
A lot of them have never cared about what the staff have to offer. It's not all about the staff for them.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#119  Edited By LordAndrew
@Godlyawesomeguy said:
" Thats lame, oh well at least we know who truly deserves the credit for the brilliant ideas that others try to copy. "
Raptr? The services that Raptr was inspired by?
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#120  Edited By Hamz

I'm getting a little tired of seeing this topic bumped periodically so time to lay it to rest I think.

As I said earlier in the topic the way I see it is that Giant Bomb, arguably, is the first editorial focused website that provides achievement tracking for its community, if I'm wrong I apologise. Services like Raptr and TrueAchievements provide achievement tracking but they aren't editorial focused services or websites. GameSpot on the other hand have had a levelling and emblem system for many years now compared to Giant Bomb's recent Quest System which sort of means both sites have done different features first, just at opposite times to one another. At the end of the day I'd like to think Giant Bomb will be remembered as being the first editorial focused video game based website to introduce achievement tracking in the way it does. I'm sure people will complain I'm bias and so forth but I don't remember seeing IGN, GameSpot, 1UP, Destructoid, Shacknews, Joystiq, Kotaku etc doing it before Giant Bomb did it the way things are now.

Arguably both sites have been working on features for a long, long time. The quest system on GB alone has been 'on the wall' as Dave would put it for a very long time, it was only a few months ago that mods here were informed that we should expect to see it drop sometime in the spring/summer as work on it had progressed enough by that point. And I'm sure the same occurred at GameSpot in regards to deals with Raptr and work on the Fuse feature. It is just mildly unfortunate that once again both sites end up, due to users on both sides, locking horns over something so trivial as this. If anything we should be united in hatred against IGN and the travesty they call a homepage.

So without further delay consider this topic locked. Lets put it all behind us and enjoy the two sites for what they provide :)