Hey there guys, everything in this topic is PC related.
The last time I saw Gamespy being used for online gaming was back when I was still playing the first Star Wars: Battlefront. I remember having tonnes of issues with latency and random disconnections. It was so bad that I couldn't sit in the gunner seat of any tank, the camera was just violently warping all over the place at 3 fps and I couldn't see shit.
When I heard that this shitty service was coming to Crysis 2, I was absolutely appalled. How could anyone think this is a good idea? So great was my disgust that I didn't download the demo until yesterday, when my curiosity finally got the better of me. Then I started playing...
- Server browser is absolute shit, no filters, no nothing.
- It is incapable of displaying accurate ping information, it just says 0 for everything, even for US servers (I'm in The Netherlands).
- It always says that servers are full, even when they are clearly not. Saw a server that was 6/12 for 5 minutes.
- No refresh button?
- The server names keep jumping around all over the place, periodically disappearing completely, making it difficult to double-click on anything.
- When you finally manage to get into a lobby they often lack a countdown timer, meaning that you just sit there in the lobby for all eternity without getting into any games.
- If you finally manage to get into a game you often experience random disconnect issues.
- When you are disconnected you are automatically logged out of your account.
So yeah, right now I've tried to join around a hundred games and have only completed 3-4 rounds. It's worth pointing out that once I got into a game I experienced absolutely no lag, just random disconnects. Now I realise that at least a few of these issues are Crytek's own damn fault, but surely not all of them.
What say you GB community?