Gaming sites

nukeybukey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By nukeybukey

Do you browse several different gaming sites or is giant bomb get all your attention?  
                  I was browsing websites looking for the rigth one and thats how I came across giant bomb. But it is now my only source of gaming info, what about you
Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Morrow

Yup, same here. I've never been on a gaming site before, whenever I came across threads of gaming sites while searching for info, the community was a put-off. But the community here is great :]

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By mandude

In addition to being the sole source for gaming news, Giantbomb also provides me with actual news news, whether it be about the death of Kim Jong Il or the discovery of the Higgs Boson particle.

The community puts me off nearly every other gaming site, though...

mscupcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By mscupcakes

@mandude: Yeah, that's a good point. Word to your bosons.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By TruthTellah

I have visited Kotaku for a few years, and I do occasionally check out Destructoid. Though, my time spent at Kotaku has waned a bit as endless redesigns have made using the site more and more annoying. Giant Bomb has definitely become one of my main spots over the last few years, and once I went premium, I've been here pretty darn often.

Sbaitso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sbaitso

@TruthTellah: TruthTella tellin the truth.

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WMWA

Giant Bomb is my home, for news and the forums. I do browse IGN just for the quick scroll of stories, Polygon for the occasional feature and GAF. Can't imagine ever leaving GB

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WMWA

Welcome to the site, btw

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I go to Gamespot now. There are some cool people over there.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ShaggE

@TruthTellah said:

I have visited Kotaku for a few years, and I do occasionally check out Destructoid. Though, my time spent at Kotaku has waned a bit as endless redesigns have made using the site more and more annoying. Giant Bomb has definitely become one of my main spots over the last few years, and once I went premium, I've been here pretty darn often.

This. I went to Kotaku for years simply because I had gotten to know the community (certainly not for the "quality" writing), but since Gawker wants to kill its main draw, it's all GB for me.

That said, if the other sites' communities turn you guys off, just spend awhile on the Blizzard forums. Suddenly, even GameFAQs will look classy and composed.

nonused

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nonused

I go places you wish weren't real.

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By JCTango

@nukeybukey: I frequent wire.vg a lot for gathering gaming info. I come here to check forums and various quick looks, mostly.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By Hunter5024

I use Giant Bomb more than anyone else but they don't really cover all of the news that I would like to know about. For a while I used Kotaku for that extra news but their integrity sort of fell off a cliff after a while, they got lots of inexperienced gamers to write their stories, the news stories became each writers own little soap box to bitch about something or express their opinion that I didn't agree with, the site design was totally obnoxious, and it felt like they would use really misleading headlines to trick me into giving them more clicks. I tried a few other blog news type sites and eventually settled on Destructoid. Everyone around here seems to think the writers over there are assholes but I enjoy the site well enough.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By AlexW00d

I get my news and editorials from RPS and I come here for the dumb shit and community.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NegativeCero
@mandude

In addition to being the sole source for gaming news, Giantbomb also provides me with actual news news, whether it be about the death of Kim Jong Il or the discovery of the Higgs Boson particle.

Pretty much the same for me. If it isn't covered by the crew, the forums are pretty reliable for any information I need. If not, I'll go search elsewhere for more information.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d557b323a6f7
deactivated-5d557b323a6f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I lurk GAF a lot for news. Watch IGN for Up at Noon. GiantBomb for entertainment.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#17  Edited By pyromagnestir

Giant Bomb is less like a video game website to me and more like a way of life. Cheapassgamer is the only other game related site I go to.

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Toxeia

The closest I got to a gaming website was a few web comics that were game-centric (Penny-Arcade for example). After Penny-Arcade had a mention for GiantBomb on their site I came here and checked it out. I still check in 5+ times a day, and it's the only gaming website I visit to this day.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By Wemibelle

I RSS a bunch of other gaming sites for most of my news. Giant Bomb does the big news points but doesn't cover everything. I mainly come here for the videos.

sean2206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sean2206

I come to Giant Bomb for entertainment, quick looks etc and the forums. I frequent Joystiq mainly for news and occasionally gamesradar or kotaku. I'll also drop in to screwattack, gametrailers and TGWTG/BT for videos. So all in all quite a few sites but GB is always first because it's awesome.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BaneFireLord

I'm here for the videos, the podcast and the community. I go to Gamespot for news.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TruthTellah

@ShaggE: Yeah, a lot of people have moved on, especially with the latest comment system redesign. You'll find a decent number of them over at Polygon now. I'm still waiting for their new site to launch before committing too much to Polygon.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TruthTellah

@Sbaitso said:

@TruthTellah: TruthTella tellin the truth.

heh. I try. Have you ever been on Kotaku? I have run into plenty of current and former Kotakuites on here. :)

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By TobbRobb

For gaming it's pretty much 100% GB. I use tumblr a bunch for League of Legends stuff though, but that is a kind of minor thing compared to all the other blogs I follow there...

I used to look everywhere though, RPS, Kotaku,IGN,GT, Destructoid,Gamespot/Faqs, some other blogs, etc. It felt like some kind of gamingnews addiction. I limit myself to one site now so the new information I get everyday isn't all gaming stuff.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By bybeach

I started at Gamespot years ago say at least 1998/2000 or so, and migrated here when I heard who it was. Pretty much the same people for me....

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#26  Edited By Kidavenger

I probably spend as much time in the something awful gaming forum.

I enjoy YOGScast also.

GB is my only source for reviews/news though.

Crypt135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Crypt135

Giant Bomb gets most of my attention, but I also go to RPS and Gamasutra for news.

Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Zithe

For those of you that enjoy Quick Looks and want to see more stuff like them, I'm going to give a shout out to Game Informer's Replay/Super Replay features. They regularly play old games similar to Giant Bomb's Quick Look Throwbacks and Endurance Runs. There are a ton of videos there to watch. I just wish they were a little easier to navigate. They need to work on that.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By inkerman

I really like Giantbomb, it's my first and only gaming site. The thing that puts me off most sites is, rather than the community, it's the layout. That's why as much as I want to love the Verge, I can't get around the layout. I'm hoping that when Polygon launches in and of itself it'll look different, but I doubt it. It's also why I have Lifehacker and Gizmodo on the Australian sites, because the setup is so much better.

Bubbly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Bubbly

I like GB and get a lot of my coverage from them, but they don't cover enough of the news and my interests to justify them being my only gaming site. I use RPS (for news and editorials; they also have columns for board games and other things) and TotalBiscuit (does Quick Look style videos, but with a focus on PC and indie games) for my PC gaming coverage. I also lurk Neogaf for news and occasionally stop by GameTrailers since they get a lot of exclusives.

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

@NegativeCero said:

@mandude

Pretty much the same for me. If it isn't covered by the crew, the forums are pretty reliable for any information I need. If not, I'll go search elsewhere for more information.

Same.

Droops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Droops

This and game fly are the only sites i use involving games

CJduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33  Edited By CJduke

I hate to admit it, but I still go to IGN, just because they cover every single game that comes out and sometimes I'm interested in reviews for certain games that GiantBomb won't review or show much of. Also when I want to talk about random shit not related to games I go on teh vestibule forum there.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#34  Edited By NoobSauceG7

I use Giant Bomb as much as I breathe.

SlapHappyJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SlapHappyJesus

Mainly stick with this place, 1up, and RPS.

Head over to gametrailers every once in a while. Too bad their community is complete and utter trash, aside from a very select few I see posting now and again.

Nonapod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Nonapod

GB seems to have s good solid community and I like their content a great deal so I subscribed a while back. But I check out Joystiq for quick headline type general VG news and I visit several other gaming and gaming related sites maybe once a week (Gamestop, IGN, 1UP, Kotaku, GamaSutra, Pennyarcade, Shacknews, and Eurogamer to name just a few) but don't participate in their forums much. I do listen to Shacknews's Weekend Confirmed podcast which (I hate to admit) I like a little better than the Bombcast since Garnet Lee seems to keep things in line a little better.

Avatar image for alianthaberries
AlianthaBerries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AlianthaBerries

GB ALL THE WAY

radion_null

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38  Edited By radion_null

I visit GB mostly for the quick looks. I get everything else from gametrailers.com, IGN.com Joystiq.com, gamasutra.com and random sites based on story links like polygon, USA Today, etc. I even started skipping the podcast because i don't have 3hrs to spare like that anymore to listen to random dudes talk about random shit and videogames.

Zoidberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By Zoidberg

Primarily watch quick looks and browse the forums/game pages. I use joystiq for most of my news.

kidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By kidman

I go to Destructoid for Jim Sterling. No, I'm not kidding.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#41  Edited By butano

@Zithe said:

For those of you that enjoy Quick Looks and want to see more stuff like them, I'm going to give a shout out to Game Informer's Replay/Super Replay features. They regularly play old games similar to Giant Bomb's Quick Look Throwbacks and Endurance Runs. There are a ton of videos there to watch. I just wish they were a little easier to navigate. They need to work on that.

This is pretty cool! Watched their replay of Home Improvement. They're pretty funny, though their comments section reload the entire page when you want to see more, which kinda bummed me out as I was halfway through the video. But I like the feature!