Gaming Trend reviewer calls Jeff Gerstmann a "douche"

• 162 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Slab64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Slab64

Well, pay-for-play and bullshit patsy reviews ARE a sort of trend in gaming journalism, so I guess the name of the site is pretty accurate. 

I just think this situation is hilarious. Anyone who wants to get into a shit-talking match with Jeff is in for a beatdown. Someone please email the Bombcast so the guys can discuss this thread in the next episode!

Avatar image for the_philosopher
The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By The_Philosopher

When will people learn that just because someone doesn't enjoy the same things as you it doesn't make them a douche.

GIVEMEREPLAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By GIVEMEREPLAY
@Brendan said:
" Meh, who cares, Jeff is the Jim Cramer of video games.  He gets crap from idiots every other day of the week who just don't get it. "
Uhh... Jeff doesn't try to get people to invest in Crocs. I think it's Cramer who "doesn't get it". Bad comparison. 
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By trophyhunter

so a guy no one has ever heard of said something bad?

sionweeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By sionweeks

For a game like this to get 92/100 you've kinda gotta question the site's credibility.

Eggplant made me laugh though.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By ryanwho

I'm not entirely sure what an eggplant is. 
It sounds like some kind of fantasy creature that grows eggs like fruit.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By LiquidPrince

Who the fuck cares what some nobody ass holes call Jeff. We all know that not only do the GiantBomb crew have a passion for games, but they are also very intelligent and write impeccable reviews.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By VisariLoyalist

don't worry about them just stick with reviewers you trust and forget about the bribe takers.

Scarz09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Scarz09

Thats so unprofessional, anyway Jeff is awesome
thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By thecleric

Good job giving these z-listers free publicity, guys!

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By MysteriousBob
@SuperfluousMoniker said:
" I just read that guy's review, it's littered with typos and reads like it was paid for. Especially the conclusion:  " An exciting new and immersive experience, Tony Hawk, Robomodo, and Activision have thrown down the gauntlet and defined the next generation of skating games.Cast off the shackles of those tired old skate games and handheld controllers and get ready to RIDE!"  Yeah, because 'handheld controllers' are 'shackles' to a gamer. "
Thats not a review, its a bloody box blurb. So obviously paid for. I'll make sure to avoid this site in the future. Not that I had even heard of it anyway.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By toowalrus

He kinda is sometimes... but so am I. Minor character flaws don't bother me, he's an awesome personality most of the time.

ShadowKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ShadowKing7

Considering this is the first time I and probably everyone else here has heard of the site "Gaming Trend" and this reviewer has to resort to fanboy tactics in defense of his review, that pretty much says all you need to know about it.
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ArchScabby

I think they got an exculsive review of them game.  they had there review up a couple days, maybe even a week, before everyone else.

Edit:  Oh, well maybe not, I think they went to the review event which is probably actually worse.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#66  Edited By Hamst3r

I'm skatin' on the ceiling!

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By CL60

Ha-hah

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By TheFreeMan

I don't mind Jeff being called a douche when he is a douche, when he was about to be a douche or just finished being a douche... but not.....when he's telling.....the truth!

(Cookie to whoever gets the reference)

webby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By webby

Wow what a sad bastard. His opinion of the game is different to Jeffs so he says shit about him.  
Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Alphiehyr
@Not_Rage said:
" So I was looking at Metacritic for Tony Hawk Ride scores and was shocked that it got a 92/100 on a site called "Gaming Trend". 
Ive never heard of it so I checked out the forums and found the reviewer of the game trying to defend his high score despite negative reviews from IGN and GB.

He ends up calling Jeff a "douche" and an "eggplant". Another hatchet job?
 http://www.gamingtrend.com/forums/index.php?topic=33585.msg620002#msg620002
"
Never heard of this "Gaming Trend" but it really sounds like some site reviewing games by a narcissist or perhaps paid to give high scores.
luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By luce

lol i thought it was funny that he referred to Jeff as an eggplant..i see some promising photoshop possibilities

webby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By webby
@Hamst3r said:
"
I'm skatin' on the ceiling!

"

LMAO
ZmillA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By ZmillA

joke site is jokes

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By zombie2011

i can't stand the design of that site, just looking at the hompage pissed me off.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#75  Edited By DanielJW
@LiquidPrince said:
" Who the fuck cares what some nobody ass holes call Jeff. We all know that not only do the GiantBomb crew have a passion for games, but they are also very intelligent and write impeccable reviews. "
This bright young lad has it right.  

By the way I like your avatar.
Not_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Not_Rage
@TheFreeMan said:

"  I don't mind Jeff being called a douche when he is a douche, when he was about to be a douche or just finished being a douche... but not.....when he's telling.....the truth! (Cookie to whoever gets the reference) "

Homer Simpson when the baseball team is moving away.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Reading Jeff say that Tony Hawk and Activision should part ways kind of broke my heart, but he's probably right. OH GOD, WHY??? Also, from the reviews I've read, there's no way the game could be worthy of a 92% in any possible way. As far as I'm concerned, Project 8 was the final Tony Hawk game.

stephengotlost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By stephengotlost

Wow, their staff really got butthurt.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Dalai
@TheFreeMan said:
"  I don't mind Jeff being called a douche when he is a douche, when he was about to be a douche or just finished being a douche... but not.....when he's telling.....the truth! (Cookie to whoever gets the reference) "
So Giant Bomb is moving to Albuquerque?
TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By TheFreeMan
@Not_Rage said:

" @TheFreeMan said:

Homer Simpson when the baseball team is moving away. "
And a cookie for you, sir.

@Dalai said:
" @TheFreeMan said:
So Giant Bomb is moving to Albuquerque? "

And you as well.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By LiquidPrince
@DanielJW:  Thanks.
mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By mordukai

Someone once said "There no such thing as bad publicity". More power to Jeff for saying what's on his mind. It's not like his opinion on that matter is going to completely brake the game sals. I think the Tony hawk series had fizzled out many O' years ago. So he thinks Jeff is a douche, so what? Do you think it's the first time someone said something bad about him or personally attacked him? I am going to go with NO!  

P.S - Why did you link the forums and not the actual review? 

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By bubahula
@Hamst3r:
that made my day
dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#84  Edited By dethfish
@luce said:
" lol i thought it was funny that he referred to Jeff as an eggplant..i see some promising photoshop possibilities "

Check out Eggplant Man and my awesome MS paint skillzzz
 Check out Eggplant Man and my awesome MS paint skillzzz
ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By ThomasP

It's sad people stoop to this level. I've never even heard of Gaming Trend... until now.

goodwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By goodwood

from listening to game scoop on IGN they said that most or all of the high review scores on metacritic were from sites that received review copies or went to the event.

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#87  Edited By Jayzilla

i have heard of rappers battling, but game critics? MC Gerstmann will have to fire back.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#88  Edited By AndrewB

What is Gaming Trend? That's the first time I've ever heard of it, and the last time I'll ever click through to it again... I'm not really meaning to harsh on them, despite my first impression of them being a ridiculously unprofessional comment, but... well, the comment isn't the only unprofessional thing I see over yonder.

Edit: The .gif images in that thread really sum things up perfectly.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By jeffgoldblum
@SuperfluousMoniker said:
"I just read that guy's review, it's littered with typos and reads like it was paid for. Especially the conclusion:  " An exciting new and immersive experience, Tony Hawk, Robomodo, and Activision have thrown down the gauntlet and defined the next generation of skating games.Cast off the shackles of those tired old skate games and handheld controllers and get ready to RIDE!"  Yeah, because 'handheld controllers' are 'shackles' to a gamer. "
I like my controller and people need to get over the whole "the controller is weighing you down bullshit."
jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#90  Edited By jeff
@jim_dandy said:
" You would think someone who titles themselves "Marketing Manager" would know better.  He has a differing opinion and insults another reviewer because of that?  Grow up Mike Dunn. "
You know, I haven't read this guy's review, so I can't speak to its quality, but if he's really billing himself as a marketing guy, he probably shouldn't be writing any sort of editorial content in the first place. Those two departments don't (or, at least, shouldn't) mix. 

Man, some other reviewer lashing out at me because people have quesitons about his review... that's a new one.
jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By jeffgoldblum
@Osphere said:
" @Red said:
" I thought that user reviews weren't supposed to be counted on Metacritic.   HEY O! "
+100,000,000 "

There, fixed.
Wrect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Wrect

Uh-oh! 

Note to Gaming Trend Dude: You are not going to get very far in any industry if you spend your time insulting its most beloved, and most successful, icons.
louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By louiedog

Wow, the people that run that site seem like real douche bags. They sure know how to win readers. Just accuse them of slander, even though that's a difficult thing to do in a forum without embedding audio or video.

mgs_hootnanny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#94  Edited By mgs_hootnanny

Wow, that's sad. I read the review yesterday after looking through all the reviews I could find for the game, and seeing that 92 on metacritic just blew my mind. After reading the review, it was as if the reviewer worked for Activision. I wouldn't be surprised to see an update for the game in the near future with Gaming Trend featured on one of the loading screens instead of Stride.

Nock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Nock

Who's got two thumbs and doesn't give a flying fuck what some dumb ass on another site thinks about Jeff, this guy(points to self). Not like Jeff has something to prove by shit canning it, oh by the way he bought the fucking game off amazon because they didn't even bother to send a review copy. That should tell you something right there. Oh and umm guess what? This little show on G4 called Xplay came up with the same score all on their own to and Activision runs a lot of adds on G4 so if anyone had any reason to try to be nice it would be them. And they still couldn't find anything nice to say. Last and not least GB staff has said a few times that they DON'T see them selves as the be all end all, their views are what their experience was with the game, take what you will from it. So shove it with walnuts all you fucking haters out there, GB crew doesn't need to talk yang to feel good about them selves or to validate their reviews.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By mordukai
@MattyFTM said: 

@EvilTwin: Yeah, I noticed that just after I submitted my post. It is impossible to review a game like that. Anyone who thinks they can review a game like that is an idiot. "

From his "review" he clearly shown that he is in fact an idiot. He will be better suited reviewing games in some shit tabloid newspaper (or fox news)  with the amount of integrity he has.     
LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#97  Edited By LaszloKovacs

I got as far as the front page and noticed "put through it's paces", and closed the tab. It was right on the front page!

Jesus Christ, guys. You fucking write for a living! Maybe you should learn how to write? Just a thought.

EDIT: The actual review is all over the place as well - hyphens strewn about randomly, odd word choices that demonstrate a weak grasp of the meaning of the words, and at least two different spellings of the name of the developer. GG, dudes, GG.

imhuntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By imhuntad

For all the people asking or hinting that they think jeff should or will "fire" back at this reviewer...WTF? If you guys think Giantbomb will take it that seriously, you don't know GiantBomb. They can be as professional, if not more so, than any review site on the internet. This will all blow over like the nothing that it is.

empfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By empfeix
@Brendan said:

" Meh, who cares, Jeff is the Jim Cramer of video games.  He gets crap from idiots every other day of the week who just don't get it. "

I liked Cramer before... but then I saw Jon Stewart own him up and then realized he is just another corporate lackey.  Entertaining though. 

btw how the hell does that site have over 2000 members on the forums, crazy
tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#100  Edited By tebbit
@Jeff: He remembers your Twilight Princess review Jeff. Watch your back!!!!!11