• 163 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by Potter9156 (956 posts) -

Juvenile. That's my opinion on this. 

Also, 'Gaming Trend'? Really?

#152 Edited by crusnchill (871 posts) -

A games reviewer examines games by testing each aspect of it objectively. The Graphics, story, gameplay, fun level and longevity. 
If this games reviewer is trusted to do ALL of these thing's when reviewing a game, but can't do something socially similar when it comes ACTUALLY MEETING with Jeff OR listening to a Bombcast, then he's a bad reviewer. 
Has he ever even met him? NO. 

Oh well... He's entitled to his opinion. No matter, how wrong it is. lol.

#153 Posted by Box3ru13 (778 posts) -

So small time site and reviewer who spent a "shared" 10 hours of RIDE vs. a bevy of established sites that say this game is crap (including this one) and he feels the need to justify his review by calling the other reviewer a douche and eggplant?  

GG guys, not only do you look like douchebags but the fact that you have to justify your review in any form proves how weak they are and do they have a copy edit? because they can't even catch SI in the first line.  
Oh well just another chump taking shots at the throne.

#154 Posted by Not_Rage (596 posts) -
#155 Posted by Siphillis (1354 posts) -
@Not_Rage said:
" Now hes claiming Jeff didn't play the game much past the tutorial when the wrote his review.
   http://www.gamingtrend.com/forums/index.php?topic=33585.msg620525#msg620525   The madness continues! "
This has always been a dubious claim.  Gerstmann was the guy who reviewed Zelda games.  Most reviewers play pre-released copies on company consoles, rather than at home, and thus the gamerscore/trophy list is relatively low.  You'd think a fellow reviewer would know this by now.
#156 Posted by LordAndrew (14608 posts) -

That's a real class act. The best part about this is that apart from this very topic, nobody on the Internet cared that this guy felt it necessary to attack a fellow journalist. Looks like he's just jealous that neither he nor the site are nearly as popular as Jeff Gerstmann and Giant Bomb.

I look forward to their inevitable attack on Wikipedia's editors and administrators.

#157 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4186 posts) -
@LordAndrew said:
" That's a real class act. The best part about this is that apart from this very topic, nobody on the Internet cared that this guy felt it necessary to attack a fellow journalist. Looks like he's just jealous that neither he nor the site are nearly as popular as Jeff Gerstmann and Giant Bomb.

I look forward to their inevitable attack on Wikipedia's editors and administrators. "
Wow, the Wikipedia editors even used this incident as a measure of notability.
#158 Posted by JazzyJeff (490 posts) -

Whatever. It's some dude talking mess on a message board. This isn't going to damage Jeff's character at all.

#159 Posted by Spacetrucking (1080 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" @lead_farmer said:
" What the Hell is Gamingtrend? "
Subsidiary to Gamechud, sister site to Gamesite and Gamehere. If you want to get into metacritic, just put game in your site title and people will know you mean business. I'm kidding, but I feel like there's probably really a site called Gamehere and that bums me out. "
God damn. All those names just make me appreciate "Giantbomb" so much more.
#160 Posted by buzz_clik (7590 posts) -
@RHCPfan24 said:
" I have never given that site credibility in the first place... "
You mean you'd actually heard of it? Man, you're way ahead on the curve on this one!

@RHCPfan24 said:
" ...they seem to just want to continually point out Jeff being a lazy "eggplant." Is that even an insult? "
Actually, it is. It's a racial slur. See: True Romance.
#161 Posted by Bigandtasty (3146 posts) -

I like how he goes on to insult Jeff's stance towards non-standard control scheme. He was too lazy to get up during Wii Sports, so he must hate Wii Sports. That sure explains his 5/5 on Wii Sports Resort.

#162 Posted by BackpackKat (520 posts) -
@Bigandtasty said:
" I like how he goes on to insult Jeff's stance towards non-standard control scheme. He was too lazy to get up during Wii Sports, so he must hate Wii Sports. That sure explains his 5/5 on Wii Sports Resort. "
Someone please tell that dumb GamingTrend guy this. I want to see what excuse he pulls out his ass next :)
#163 Posted by DystopiaX (5802 posts) -
@JohnAsscream: i'll create an account just to do so.
#164 Posted by Jeff (6051 posts) -

Isn't this whole thing done already? I'm pretty sure that dude apologized, and this topic is oooooold. Don't go raiding other forums on our behalf, our work speaks for itself. Let's move on.

Staff